Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 10:35:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: would it be nice to have 50 cent pick 3's at racetracks?  (Read 834 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »

now with 50 pick 5's and 4's. some even have 50-cent pick 6's!!! i think 50 cent are the answers these days!! especially if were in a struggling ecnonomy!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Maymoral

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »

No way!
NIATROSS

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »

No way!

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »

I think that bettors should be allowed to bet any denomination they want to.
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »

No way!

thumbs up

It is difficult just to keep $ in the wps pools.   Lower takeout in those important

pools is the answer to increased handle.  Not more crazy parlays.  head shake

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
Chris Szulc

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »

Yeah why not 1-cent increments? Then we can all say we hit a pick 6....

$0.50 Pick 4s/5s are OK in my book, leave the Pick 6 at $2 for the way that it is made to be difficult to hit, Pick3s should stay at a buck IMO but I know Churchill does 50-cent  3s and gets a decent sized pool.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »

I am a small bettor. So, I am just saying let people bet whatever denomination they want, I would probably say a dime is the smallest that should be allowed. I might be willing to make nickel bets. Maybe it sounds crazy, but they have nickel slots in Vegas... or, they did at least. I tell you I was at the Hacienda once, and I had more fun playing an antique nickel slot than anything I played in Las Vegas. 
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 03:19:44 AM »

I am a small bettor. So, I am just saying let people bet whatever denomination they want, I would probably say a dime is the smallest that should be allowed. I might be willing to make nickel bets. Maybe it sounds crazy, but they have nickel slots in Vegas... or, they did at least. I tell you I was at the Hacienda once, and I had more fun playing an antique nickel slot than anything I played in Las Vegas.  

Small bettors should play slots.  There are slots available for you.

No. The 2$ bet of yesterday is the equivalent in purchasing power to a $20 bet today.  Travel back in time.  As late as the 1960's, the minimum wage was $1.65. The parley bet was the Daily Double and when you hit a $30 Daily Double, you made your rent for a week.  Travel further back.  $2 would buy 40 cups of coffee, 40 cigars, or 100 newspapers.  Horse racing is, or was anyway, a game where you were expected to bet a not-too-embarassingly, decent amount of money on a horse.

Later, down the line, way down the line, someone got cute and thought to raise the vig and turn horse racing into a kind of lottery.  Which it is not.

That's about the time when the boats moved in.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:35:14 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »

Haha, ok, Mister big Bettor. I am a small bettor and I will bet whatever I want to bet.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »

That reminded me of a great time my brother and I used to have in the summers at our grandparents.  They bought us an old slot machine and we loved it!   I have it some place, but where is the question. 
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »

Sorry, left the part about the thread out!   I wanted to add I love the 50 cent pick 3 and 4 bets. Especially the 50 cent pick 5 at Monmouth is it?  Or was is Gulfstream.  Man, I am bad with memory this morning.  I got into the shower with my reading glasses on and couldn't figure out for a minute why it was so darn steamy.  Sheesh.
Maymoral

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »

Should be.  $2 Pick 6 - $.50 pick 5 - $1 Pick 4 - $1 Pick 3.  I like how some tracks offer that 50 cent pick 5 as a sort of happy medium between picking lots of races and playing them for a cheap price.
therussmeister

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »

How much does it cost a track to take a bet?  You would be advocating bet sizes that are so small, the tracks portion of the takeout does not cover the cost of the paper the ticket is printed on.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »

The minimum would be $2.00, regardless of the denomination.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »

Sorry, left the part about the thread out!   I wanted to add I love the 50 cent pick 3 and 4 bets. Especially the 50 cent pick 5 at Monmouth is it?  Or was is Gulfstream.  Man, I am bad with memory this morning.  I got into the shower with my reading glasses on and couldn't figure out for a minute why it was so darn steamy.  Sheesh.

Haha
Chris Szulc

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

Man, I am bad with memory this morning.  I got into the shower with my reading glasses on and couldn't figure out for a minute why it was so darn steamy.  Sheesh.

I nominate this for post of the month... Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: