Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 20, 2014, 07:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cedar oil  (Read 3075 times)
roll em

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »

how does everyone use it and what kind of results did you have with it,i have never used it before but heard it was good to sound one up
Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

how does everyone use it and what kind of results did you have with it,i have never used it before but heard it was good to sound one up
I get the two confused cedar and rabbits but my groom uses it on trotter stifles.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
BabyFireFly

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »

If you try it, make sure it's either applied to an area the horse can't reach or use a cradle or bib to prevent them getting at it. Once they rub it with their faces, it's over with!

We use it on knees for the most part....my husband is a big believer in it, I'm still up in the air over it's benefits.
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »

As blisters go, it takes quite a hold.  Best use is for curbs imo.  They have a hard time reaching them, and takes the hold you need.  I prefer to use a combination of Balls and DMSO mixed before a severe blister such as this.  Splints are either pin/freeze fired, and stifle/whirl areas we use most anything that can raise a slight scurf.  If anything more is required, we inject McKays instead.
  Stout blisters i.e. cedar oil/mercury is last resort for us having tried all else.
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:39:41 AM »

Like anything else, good stuff in the hands of someone who knows how to use it... disastrous in the hands of someone who doesn't.

Check out my Facebook Page:  Flo Browne Horsemanship Training
MercedesMan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »

cedar oil  is used as a blister only you can use it on hocks, curbs what ever most of the time it is 3 days on 3 days off it works well in all blister mixes brush one way only not up and down the way of the hair is perfured if your useing it one a hore that is racing
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 02:13:48 AM »

Here is another unrelated use for Cedar wood oil........ It gets rid of moles and pocket gophers----Now!!
Just poke some holes in the runs and poor several drops in each run----those varmints will run away....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: