Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 09:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words  (Read 1129 times)
OTB

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »

Except the name she called Zenyattas fans! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Nobody should have to live with that dreaded affliction nor should anyone bear the brunt of caring for someone in that condition it's a terrible and horrific thing for any human to go through.  It should NEVER be made fun of and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

I donate religiously to horse retirement foundations and they are second on my list only to charities and organizations who help those people......especially kids with any sort of mental retardation/autism/downs syndrome.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:45:49 PM by OTB » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »

I have to agree with OTB on this one. 
Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »

Nobody should have to live with that dreaded affliction nor should anyone bear the brunt of caring for someone in that condition it's a terrible and horrific thing for any human to go through.  It should NEVER be made fun of and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

I donate religiously to horse retirement foundations and they are second on my list only to charities and organizations who help those people......especially kids with any sort of mental retardation/autism/downs syndrome.
I work with disabled all the time and they are the most loving fun and extrodinary individuals

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »

And what horses can do for them when they get to ride the same one over and over is nothing short of a miracle.  They gain so  much confidence.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »

And what horses can do for them when they get to ride the same one over and over is nothing short of a miracle.  They gain so  much confidence.

Pam I'll share the experience that made me wake up to how the horses can be theraputic but to how bad this affliction really is.  I have stated a few times that I have a niece with autism.

I was a junior in high school working for Mark Lowe at the Meadowlands in the summer time as I had for every summer since freshman year.  A group of kids and counselors came by the barn just after noon time and they obviously had some sort of mental retardation/downs/autism.  The thrill and smiles on the faces of these kids was unforgettable.  I watched as one kid could barely hold a carrot in her hand to give to a horse and then the thrill she had when the horse ate the carrot.

These kids could not believe they were allowed to pet a few horses and watch as feed tubs were set out.  I brought a horse out into the shed row who needed to be put away and they watched in amazement as the simplest tasks of rubbing legs, putting on bandages, rubbing stifles and packing feet were performed.  They LOVED being at the barn.

Now you see why when people like Terry and Mare use that word to describe people they are way off base and out of bounds.

I only wish THEY would realize it and realize how lucky they are.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »

I work with disabled all the time and they are the most loving fun and extrodinary individuals

They are the epitome of innocence.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »

I, believe it or not, OTB, used to have a group of adults with downs/autism, etc coem to the barn where i taught till i retired due to back injury in late '09 - they came every friday 1-3 , anywhere from 4-8 peope, males and females and two counselors....tina was 41 and had downs - she would run up to me and hug me soo tight , and when we, she and i brought in 'harry', the barn's 30 yrs old pony, for her to brush, her smile went ear to ear, she woukd happily brush the same spot so long that harry would be bald lol, joe had anger issues and siezures, but when he was with 'gus' he was a different man, carefully picking out the feet on this giant draft horse cross as a counselor watched....danielle was shy- sooooo shy ---but she fell in love with 'demo' and thought she was annie oakley walking around the indoor arena on his back......rick was born normal, but suffered a severe head injury in his late 40s and he had no feeling for pain, so much so that he had almost severed his own wrist with a chain saw ....he rode gus, trotted all around, but would bounce and slap the western saddle - and he weighed about 300 lbs - hence we had a draft horse....gus just did his job......mike was like rainman - he loved 'trouble' - he would walk around and around mumbling to the horse for an hr - there were others as well, but that was the core group - i had them do obstacle courses made of pylons and jump rails and standards on the ground, walk over tarps, i'd get on a horse and take them on a 'trail' ride around thr barn, down the drive way, and back again- they shreiked with glee..otb, i looked forward to those hrs fri more than any lesson i gave during the week...those people would spend a 1/2 hr brushing and feeding treats to 'their' horses, the snotrag 15 yr olds did a 5 min once over and a mint (maybe)and off to their next hobby -  i used 'zeetards' in fun, (hell, i call my self a *** if i mess up sometimes) it's just a made up word, NOTHING at all aimed detrimentally at those that are afflicted......but you know this......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
NIATROSS

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:02:40 AM »

Interesting the use of the word *** or *** does not offend you but the word lesbian does.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »

Interesting the use of the word *** or *** does not offend you but the word lesbian does.

It shows they have no defense of their actions, they just try to turn it around on everyone else and to this day defend themselves using the word.  If it really bothered them as they say they would just come out and say "I'm not using that word again" but they are never wrong....in their minds.

"Retarded" people do not mess things up, that is left for those of us presumed "normal".
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »

right from mirriam webster -

Definition of ***
transitive verb
1: to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede
2: to delay academic progress by failure to promote
intransitive verb
: to undergo retardation
— ***·er noun
 See *** defined for English-language learners »
The chemical will *** the spread of fire.
The problems have retarded the progress of the program.

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

Oh please, trossie, i never said the word lesbian offended me.....John Frank offended me .....

NIATROSS

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »

Oh please, trossie, i never said the word lesbian offended me.....John Frank offended me .....

Then why bring it up in another thread ?
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »

Then why bring it up in another thread ?

Bring what up? I used 'lesbian' and 'John Frank' together in the same post on the harness side in the Who is John Frank thread

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »

Definition of ***
transitive verb
1: to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede
intransitive verb
— ***·er noun

You just used 12 lines of space to say absolutely nothing.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »

Definition of ***
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— ***·er noun

Gad ... are they going on about this - what, 2 year old manufactured "controversy"? - yet again?  bang head
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »

Gad ... are they going on about this - what, 2 year old manufactured "controversy"? - yet again?  bang head

Time absolves you of being an idiot?  I guess it could if you showed any sense of maturation during that time but sadly you have not.  Just check your welfare comments in another thread, they show you have zero understanding of the law and the game of thoroughbred racing.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

Well.....it was kinda slow around here........... Grin

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »

Well.....it was kinda slow around here........... Grin

Typical hijacking of a congratulatory thread to turn it into a [rehash of an ancient] fight ... some people just have incurable obsessions with other posters. screwy
NIATROSS

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »

Bring what up? I used 'lesbian' and 'John Frank' together in the same post on the harness side in the Who is John Frank thread

Again, if you were not offended by John Franks calling some women lesbians why bring it up ?
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »

Again, if you were not offended by John Franks calling some women lesbians why bring it up ?

Again, what part of "I was posting it on the John Frank thread" and YOU mentioned the word on this one don't you understand?   S.M.H. bang head bang head bang head

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

You should change your screen name to "Lightning Rod", AM, for all the bolts you attract. 

But of course, you would probably be accused of insulting lightning, as it has more power than 5 watts.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:43 AM »

Even more interesting that you have no problem calling people ***.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 10:35:42 AM »

Or using the N word on the forum ...
NIATROSS

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »

PLEASE SHOW ME ONE TIME I CALLED ANYONE A " *** " !
NIATROSS

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

Again, what part of "I was posting it on the John Frank thread" and YOU mentioned the word on this one don't you understand?   S.M.H. bang head bang head bang head

Obviously it is over your head so I will try slowly so you can understand.

Why bother bringing up John Franks calling women lesbians in ANY thread if iit did not offend you ?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: