Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 10:21:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who would be a great tvg host replacement?  (Read 2277 times)
NIATROSS

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »

In person it's even worse!  It's like a cartoon character voice. 

One of her distant relatives was one of The Munchkins.

maroon maroon maroon
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »

Hell, I just saw best audition of any host that has come along in the last 10 years:

Hire Jim Miller!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

From reading his posts here, I'd say YES to JIM MILLER!
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »

If there were open auditions for the spot, I'd be the first person in line to audition.

If I can't do it....JIM MILLER would be an excellent addition to TVG!

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »

you gotta give credit to christina olivares. because del mar all season has had a seaside showdown contest and she placed a 2,000 win bet on banned even though it was 4-5 favorite in the del mar derby and it won gotta give kudos to that. and it was tough race imo. i wouldn't even place that much on banned because their were a few others that were dangerous. she handicaped monday and wednesday racing for del mar and said that the way to pull away from the contest was in this race with banned. so great work christina olivares!! hopefully simon and the sarge nick hines won't have anything special the next two race cards at del mar. i wonder if that puts her in front now by alot!!

going back to the filler place, well certainly christina would be a great replacement for that even though she already works for tvg and just hosts from time to time and reports all the time which is her main role. she adds alot to the table. she's smart and knowledgeable handicapper as well. others that are good too are jessica pacheco and alyssa ali as well. jim miller as well from hawthorne and the same for joe kristefiek from arlington park. how about brad thomas, tom cassidy and mike curci from monmouth??? that's what am talking about. not gino buccola from tvg ewww
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »

p.s. paul lo duca would be a good replacment too
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »

Trying to revive a few threads to stir things up I suppose.....but on this note, if we want a decent handicapper to take the spot, are we not placing our own handicapping prowess in jeopardy by lending credence to a talking head, thus killing the odds on horses he favors?  I mean if he/she is gonna be good and you jump on the wagon, where is the value?  I would prefer a person who folks tend to believe, who is actually off the mark once in awhile, so my value would lie in the bet against....In that light I vote for Pigland.
The Dark Horse
Chicago Correspondent - Horse Racing Nation

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »

Paul LoDuca or Brian W. Spencer.

pari mutual

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »

Chrissytina would be great. Unfortunately only those of us on the forum know her. She is a good handicapped,puts that Michelle person to shame and is easy on the male eyes.

Problem is I think Tvg is not real interested in a knowledgeable handicapper. Not that they don't hAve a few. I think they want entertainers. Only watch Tvg regularly for Hawthorne and Keeneland.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »

Me..

i nominate me to be the next tvg host

i doubt they could fund my contract demands.

Certified Derbytologist
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »

christina olivares is the ultimate woman to look at as an insperation. my idol. and a true role model who's educated
baking soda shakes

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 06:39:15 AM »

In person it's even worse!  It's like a cartoon character voice.  
 Hey JULIE called her daughter in sick to the school today "and they said your mother needs to call. laughing guy laughing guy
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

p.s. paul lo duca would be a good replacment too

No. He's SO arrogant that his arrogance just pours out of my tv, i know, he wasnt this way in the beginning, but now he's borderline unbearable.

Probably the most arrogant commentator TVG has ever had.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »

866-Jim-WINS proprietor Hawthornes very own Jim Miller
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 06:34:56 AM »

No. He's SO arrogant that his arrogance just pours out of my tv, i know, he wasnt this way in the beginning, but now he's borderline unbearable.

Probably the most arrogant commentator TVG has ever had.

I'm not asking you to cite chapter and verse, but...can you make some notes of what he is saying (and how) that has your nose out of joint please?

I find Lo Duca to be one of the more personable and affable characters on the show. I might be biased because of his previous experience as a catcher in baseball; I think catchers are the smartest people in the world. (Guess what position I played my whole baseball "career"  laughing guy -- if we could call it that?)

(Then guess what my favorite scene is in "Bull Durham".  laughing guy)

Arrogant? Try Matt Caruthers (sp?). He's toned it down, you say?

Fine. Go right to Gino Buccola, "God's Gift To Us Handicappers", presented to us in the body of a hairy 25 year old guido.

(Who knew that the second coming of Pittsburgh Phil was going to come in a guy who needs to palm a razor and 25 cents worth of lather for a quick touch up between camera shots?)

Listen to Gino for 1 night (I can't, anymore), and you will find Paul Lo Duca downright humble.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »

Answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEFP35Xs2KY
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »

I'm not asking you to cite chapter and verse, but...can you make some notes of what he is saying (and how) that has your nose out of joint please?

I find Lo Duca to be one of the more personable and affable characters on the show. I might be biased because of his previous experience as a catcher in baseball; I think catchers are the smartest people in the world. (Guess what position I played my whole baseball "career"  laughing guy -- if we could call it that?)

Arrogant? Try Matt Caruthers (sp?). He's toned it down, you say?

Fine. Go right to Gino Buccola, "God's Gift To Us Handicappers", presented to us in the body of a hairy 25 year old guido.

(Who knew that the second coming of Pittsburgh Phil was going to come in a guy who needs to palm a razor and 25 cents worth of lather for a quick touch up between camera shots?)

Listen to Gino for 1 night (I can't, anymore), and you will find Paul Lo Duca downright humble.

I know what you're saying about Gino,  but for some reason, Loduca 'grates' on me much more than Gino. I could totally see how someone would think Gino is the most arrogant one on TVG, i dont dispute what you say, if Gino 'rubs you the wrong way' there's no way i'll tell you that you're wrong.

Here's the difference between Paul and Gino and this is just an opinion.

I just feel that if you were hanging out with Paul and you discussed a race and you made a really good point that he hadnt thought of, he would never admit you're right and say "great point" he would go to the grave with his position even if it was wrong. I feel that if you were hanging with Gino (just one on one) and you did the same thing, i could see Gino saying "good point, i see where i'm wrong"

Gino just seems more reasonable to 'learn' and know that he doesnt know everything where as Loduca is a know it all who wouldnt be swayed by a 'good point' that anyone made. I think that's the difference.

(as far as your smartest comment, i dont doubt Paul is smart, my point was about arrogance and not about intelligence)
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 08:43:30 AM »

I know what you're saying about Gino,  but for some reason, Loduca 'grates' on me much more than Gino. I could totally see how someone would think Gino is the most arrogant one on TVG, i dont dispute what you say, if Gino 'rubs you the wrong way' there's no way i'll tell you that you're wrong.

Here's the difference between Paul and Gino and this is just an opinion.

I just feel that if you were hanging out with Paul and you discussed a race and you made a really good point that he hadnt thought of, he would never admit you're right and say "great point" he would go to the grave with his position even if it was wrong. I feel that if you were hanging with Gino (just one on one) and you did the same thing, i could see Gino saying "good point, i see where i'm wrong"

Gino just seems more reasonable to 'learn' and know that he doesnt know everything where as Loduca is a know it all who wouldnt be swayed by a 'good point' that anyone made. I think that's the difference.

(as far as your smartest comment, i dont doubt Paul is smart, my point was about arrogance and not about intelligence)

The "smartest" comment was strictly tongue-in-cheek; there are plenty of people that think catchers are loony-tunes. Indeed, catcher's gear is widely known as "The Tools of Ignorance". You have to be a sick feck to want to sit back there and have foul tips find the every inch of skin and bone of your body that ISN'T protected.

(I didn't mind that nearly as much as I did having the ump lean over my right shoulder, burping and belching after shutting down his local tavern 6 hours earlier; I SO wanted to say, "Two words, motherf*ucker: TIC TAC!" Young folks didn't say that to adults back then, though.)

I digress.

Hungry, I'm going to pay more attention to Lo Duca's commentary, but I think his absence of "huzzahs" for his counterparts says a little more about *you* than him: a recurring theme for you is that you would like to get (more) pleasantries back from other posters when you make what you think is a salient point about something.

That's fine, but honestly...it feels just a touch needy. Some of our prior dustups have been rooted in the idea that I am quick to point out when I think you are wrong, but cheap with praise...and I plead "guilty" to that.

I am of the school that says you get "huzzahs" for something truly important or outstanding; it's assumed that any ordinary comments you might make are "good points", merely because they are not being refuted. When you get a verbal or written "high-five" from me, it's heartfelt; it means something.

Can you see Paul Lo Duca in that light? I'll bet if you pay closer attention, you might see that he doesn't get animated about someone else's commentary, unless they nail something really good.
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »

SOMETHING EASY ON THE EYES PLEASE  dude
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

well i dont think lo duca isnt arrogant. he knows what he's saying. i cant stand gino. honestly i think he's mr. know it all at times and am like shut up. i dont even think he's that great of a handicapper. even tom cassidy is better than him who i think is the best choice tvg has picked since hiring back bob baedeker. but it was a mistake to let go gary seibel.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »

paul galossi the announcer from haw
he had a tv show with jim in 2002/2003

enough with the easy on the eyes crap..
i want good picks and analysis

Certified Derbytologist
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print