Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 10:39:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBERTS ----SMOLIN !!  (Read 3691 times)
IRA

« on: August 25, 2011, 05:40:27 AM »

both johnny roberts and bobby smolin won three races weds night ! they both blew up the board this week with 40 to one shots ,and are in the money alot . someone needs to tell them  ----------GOOD JOB  !!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »

Way to go, guys! thumbs up

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:28:02 AM »

Good job by both yesterday at Balmoral! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up beer beer
NIATROSS

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »

Good job by both yesterday at Balmoral! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up beer beer

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »

Congrats to good guy Bobby Smolin.
Don't know the other guy.
baking soda shakes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

maybe smolin can afford to BUY his OWN race bike now!!!! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:47:26 PM by baking soda shakes » Report to moderator   Logged
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »

What I like about both guys is that they're aggressive drivers who put their horses into the race more often than not.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:26 AM »

How times have changed in Illinois  harness racing. I can remember not too long ago these two couldn't win six races combined in 6 months .
If OOsting stays away Roberts sould do really well . Smolin should be leaving soon for Florida shouldn't he HuhHuhHuh??
Thinking widger and david magee will be back so trainers will have more drivers to choose from
IRA

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »

roberts wins 4 thurs at may wood-------smolin wins 3 sat nite at bal . they are trying hard !!    beer
Cano

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 01:08:14 AM »

roberts wins 4 thurs at may wood-------smolin wins 3 sat nite at bal . they are trying hard !!    beer
And if either went to a A or B track they both would be lucky to win 10 races  the entire meet !!
IRA

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 07:58:40 AM »

what is an a or b track?? bobby went to pomp  -batted 319.  who cares im talking about  chicago.   u need good stock no matter what track u drive at.  both have proven they can get the job done !!      sonetimes its good to say nice things about people without  finding a reason to put them down .  remember tetrick came from bal.  and many others have done well to.  u think the meadowlands is so great now?? its not.   im just saying if ur betting chicago these 2 guys are doing well.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »

Both are getting better horses to drive for now anyways . Roberts is a trainer with a few nice horses in his stable . I think he will continue to get drives . However when Oosting returns Smolin will get less drives . I hear a couple drivers may return to Illinois and that will make for fewer drives .
When is Smolin returning to Florida  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Does anyone really know if Pat Berry Brent Holland or Ryan Anderson may return to Illinois .
IRA

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 10:12:39 AM »

oo return will not effect smolin.  ryan might return , if bobby wasnt going to fla. he would get more drives . he hates the cold. if we get slots he might stay here.  but i dont think so .~   hes leaving filly-----hes leaving ! but just while its cold !    who knows HuhHuhHuh??       doh     doh
FILLYNATION

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

IRA , You seem like a very knowledgeable person . I Think i might have even bet you on a horse named Surprise Leader many years ago . I made quite a few dollars in fact when you won a few races .
However i disagree with Oosting not affecting the success of all the drivers . He is a much better driver then all except David Magee (who has woken up and smelled the money ) the drivers in Illinois .

Smolin couldn't hold Oostings whip in my opinion . And i don't think Robert Smolin has ever won a race as a trainer . Maybe you can update that however .
I really don't care if Robert stays or goes but he shouldn't bullshit the real fans of racing . He did get his 15 minutes of fame with his off track antics . I hope he has learned his lesson and mends his violent domestic ways . I hope he and his girlfriend found the help they needed and he supports his family .
I do find your posts very informative and hope you keep posting .
Marie
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:34:33 AM by FILLYNATION » Report to moderator   Logged
IRA

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »

i was rookie driver of the year in 1976 -----had 26 horses won a few but that old news. oo BIG MIKE as i call him is very good. however , b4 he left he was ice cold --again mike would tell u u have to have -live drives . ----marcus miller  is a prime case. he wins 5 anght.   bobbys days of getting in trouble are over .  he is changed man-kid.  but still likes to party.  his mouth gets in his way sometimes buy overall much better !!
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »

Seems like he gets better all the time  dollar dollar trophy
found cash

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »

i don't post often, but smolin and roberts are very dangerous drivers on the track. they will kill somebody one day. smolin has no clue to pace,almost like carpenters twin. there lucky of the times because if you turn the clock back 25 years they be at e. moline. by the way roberts father is a cheating, dirty guy. yes ira i'm talking about you
found cash

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

the last post by mistake i put a s next to robert. thats a mistake. its bob smolin's father Ira thats scum
vaporize

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »

the last post by mistake i put a s next to robert. thats a mistake. its bob smolin's father Ira thats scum
and Red Roberts is a saint right Huhlaughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
IRA

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »

ur right , im a cheat . in 45 years never had a positive test . never went dead for anybody !!  always did my own thing . spent 16 years working to help horseman on i hha . ur right im scum !!!     BSmeter     the bad thing about this site stuff is that this was about how good roberts and smolin r doing not about me .  theres always some faceless person hiing behind a phoney name to put u down !! who needs it !  just stay negative !!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:57:07 PM by IRA » Report to moderator   Logged
FILLYNATION

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

I think the future of racing in illinois is in the hands of Quinn . And i hope for the best but fear the worst and have found Quinn less then expected .
I am looking forward to supernite at balmoral park .....
By the way IRA when is oo returning to driving .
IRA

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »

BIG MIKE , returns next week !!   he has a long road back !! he will be out to win !!
Maymoral

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »

Thank goodness.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »

IRA  His road is a lot shorter then all the others
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »

Stay off any road double oo is on its most likely he has had more then 2 gin and tonics before getting behind the wheel. doh laughing guy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: