Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:54:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: See you at Peeler's JUDGES SCRATCH  (Read 2191 times)
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »

1Krispy Apple L  12   8   1  1  1:49.1M  $337605   Tim Tetrick  Mark Kesmodel     

2  See You At Peelers   8   8   0  0  1:49.2F  $729303   Marcus Johansson  Jimmy Takter     

3  Idyllic   7   2   3  2  1:51.0S  $210592   David Miller  Casie Coleman     

4  Drop The Ball   7   1   2  0  1:49.1M  $145500   Yannick Gingras  Ross Croghan     

5  Whats New ***   11   5   2  1  1:51.4F  $191300   George Brennan  Nicholas Surick     

6  Honky Tonk Woman   10   1   5  1  1:50.2S  $181484   Yannick Gingras  Ross Croghan     

7  Fresh Idea L  9   2   5  1  1:51.3F  $227915   Dave Palone  Tony Alagna     

8  Foxy Lady   9   4   2  0  1:51.1F  $195598   Yannick Gingras  Ron Burke     

Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »

Amazing......we go from JUDGES SCRATCH!!! to the truth, wich is far from a judges scratch.

Almost all late scratches are judge scratches, including so-called vet scratches.  The judges are the only ones who can technically scratch a horse at that point.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »

The track proved career threatening for others that day.

The rain fell so hard at a few points that it was deafening inside the paddock area, you had to shout to the person standing next to you.

I know it sounds strange, but I was reading the program that morning and had a very sinking feeling about something bad happening that day with her. This was when the skies were just threatening and hadn't even opened up yet. I was almost relieved when the screen flashed that she was scratched.  I'd take a living hero over a dead one anyday.
John the kiwi

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »

I can't fault them but until she gets on a big oval against boys she is Zenyatta. Formidable record against questionable female company (Jesus I should talk...) on tracks of her own choosing. I hope this really was about the risk of injury and not the risk of a streak being in jeopardy. You risk injury walking out the door each day. When it rains the risk is higher. The magnitude of the absolute financial risk depends on whether you are a running back in the NFL or flip burgers. The streak is impressive for sure since at the end of the day you still have to do everything better than 7 others to win and do it again and again. Unless this ~20 K jaunt was about getting her on the ball for the 350 K at Chester I wouldn't have even entered if I were fortunate enough to own her. It will be interesting to see if it is raining cats and dogs at Harrahs if the judges scratch her again. If they do it is all about her, and if they don't (assuming she is still rough gaiting) it is all about the money and the perceived risk:reward.   
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »

Almost all late scratches are judge scratches, including so-called vet scratches.  The judges are the only ones who can technically scratch a horse at that point.

The thread was not started with the intent of enlightening us to the technical side of racing and its rules, and many of us understand this.  Need to clarify thread starters intent here as well?  Just how would one interpret the post as written anyways?  Any mention of trainers decision here in the original post?  Now we get the drift.....
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »

The thread was not started with the intent of enlightening us to the technical side of racing and its rules, and many of us understand this.  Need to clarify thread starters intent here as well?  Just how would one interpret the post as written anyways?  Any mention of trainers decision here in the original post?  Now we get the drift.....

I started the thread just to allow people to expand on SYAP and the scratch.   When they annouce a judges scratch that late in the card sometimes the worst possible scenarios run thru the mind.

I hope it was the weather although rather then scratched weather it was a scratched NOT REPORTED which is nonsense as she was there and in the paddock and went on the track 2 separate times to warm up.

Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »

I started the thread just to allow people to expand on SYAP and the scratch.   When they annouce a judges scratch that late in the card sometimes the worst possible scenarios run thru the mind.

I hope it was the weather although rather then scratched weather it was a scratched NOT REPORTED which is nonsense as she was there and in the paddock and went on the track 2 separate times to warm up.

I always adherded to the adage that D Wayne Lukas made commonplace:  "A good horse can run on anything". He was alluding to a thrown shoe at the time, but the statement covers alot of ground.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: