Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 01:38:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: See you at Peeler's JUDGES SCRATCH  (Read 2253 times)
JuiceJunkies

« on: August 14, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »

Ut OH
Report to moderator   Logged
Cano

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

Ut OH
Not sure why they scratched but my guess is the weather.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »

Not sure why they scratched but my guess is the weather.

It was judges, could be a number of things.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:21:49 PM by JuiceJunkies » Report to moderator   Logged
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »

It was judges, could be a number of things.

MAYBE SECRUITY NORM SAW A BELB?
Pocket Rocket

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »

I am at the track.  She came out after race 4 to warm up and looked terrible.  She was breaking all over the track.  They brought her in.  Then she came out again after race 5 and was pacing, but just did not look good at all.  I am guessing she was not handling the surface, so they did not want to chance it.
vaporize

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »

I am at the track.  She came out after race 4 to warm up and looked terrible.  She was breaking all over the track.  They brought her in.  Then she came out again after race 5 and was pacing, but just did not look good at all.  I am guessing she was not handling the surface, so they did not want to chance it.
thanks for the eyewitness account PR.  thumbs up thumbs up
Total Truth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »

Hopefully they wouldn't scratch her just because she didn't like the surface,  although I guess I'd rather see that than some kind of injury.   I know a lot of fans want to see her keep the streak alive, but if they scratch her every time something isn't to her liking I think it cheapens it some.   I think a true champion takes on all comers no matter of track, surface, or competition.   Just one persons thoughts.   
jdterrapin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »

Takter chickened out.

See You At Peelers scratched at Tioga
Sunday, August 14, 2011 - by Ellen Harvey, for Harness Racing Communications

Nichols, NY--The undefeated 3-year-old pacing filly See You At Peelers was scratched from an attempt to win her 22nd straight race, at Tioga Downs on Sunday afternoon (Aug. 14), where it had rained all day.

See You at Peelers was 2-5 from post 7 in a $21,842 race for New York-breds.  "Marcus (driver Johansson) warmed her up and she just didn't like the track, so I decided to scratch her," said trainer Jimmy Takter. 

Track officials confirmed that the track was labeled "sloppy" and that rain that was persistent all day had intensified by mid-afternoon and was, "raining sideways."   See You At Peelers' race was scheduled to go off at about 3:50 p.m.   

See You At Peelers is expected to race next at Harrah's Chester on Aug. 21 in the $350,000 Valley Forge Pace.
vaporize

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »

Takter chickened out.

Nichols, NY--The undefeated 3-year-old pacing filly See You At Peelers was scratched from an attempt to win her 22nd straight race, at Tioga Downs on Sunday afternoon (Aug. 14), where it had rained all day.

See You at Peelers was 2-5 from post 7 in a $21,842 race for New York-breds.  "Marcus (driver Johansson) warmed her up and she just didn't like the track, so I decided to scratch her," said trainer Jimmy Takter. 

Track officials confirmed that the track was labeled "sloppy" and that rain that was persistent all day had intensified by mid-afternoon and was, "raining sideways."   See You At Peelers' race was scheduled to go off at about 3:50 p.m.   

See You At Peelers is expected to race next at Harrah's Chester on Aug. 21 in the $350,000 Valley Forge Pace.

PROS AND CONS TO THIS...Don't like the reason why but with a 350k race coming up why do anything to jeopardize that ?  Tat did what was best for the horse and onnections period.. But is not liking the track conditions a bona fide reason for a Judge's scratch Huh??
jdterrapin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »

I can understand playing it safe for the horse's sake.   Although the conditions weren't too bad for all the other starters today. Sounds like the streak was in jeopardy.....
Cano

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »

I can understand playing it safe for the horse's sake.   Although the conditions weren't too bad for all the other starters today. Sounds like the streak was in jeopardy.....
All the other starters ? lol   

Her $ value is worth more than all the other starters combined .

Yea ibet Jimmy was really worried about her getting beat by those things  screwy

halfround

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »

If YOU owned that horse, would you have raced her?
optimist

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »

i raced today and the longer into the program the worse the rain got and the track got.they even had a little delay before the filly was scratched.although im suprised there were no washouts on the track(kudos to the trackman richard) the rain was coming down real hard at the time of the scratch.i dont blame takter for not taking a chance going for 20,000.00 for her to slip and hurt herself.this mare has at least another million dollars to race for this year.
jdterrapin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »

So, she was the only horse of any value at the track today? get real.
vaporize

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »

So, she was the only horse of any value at the track today? get real.
but one that has the most potential to earn a 1/2 mil in the upcoming races she is being pointed towards..
How many on this thread have a steed of this ilk... I do not, have not and probably never will.
jdterrapin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »

Posted by: Cano
Insert Quote
Quote from: jdterrapin on Today at 04:01:33 PM
All the other starters ? lol   

Her $ value is worth more than all the other starters combined .

Yea ibet Jimmy was really worried about her getting beat by those things 

If it's true she couldn't stay flat, she could have been beaten by any of them. Sometimes that's the only way top horses get beat!
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »

Don't think there would have been a scratch without a legit concern. Shipping becomes a waste of time, money and effort. Not to mention an almost sure piece of the purse.

Peelers is fast filly for a lot of reasons. One might be the way she plants her pins. You can bet that if I saw my million plus earner jumping gait and slipping during warmup, I would scratch and not give a *** what the media consequences might be.
optimist

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »

there were many horses that had alot of value racing today.some werent to concerned about track,others thought this might be a chance to win with the heavy favorite scratched,and yet there are those who dont care either way.the main thing is if you feel the racing conditions (temps, track conditions,or weather) isnt safe you may scratch without penalty.my personal opinion was the track wasnt washed out or rutted so lets race.THAT BEING SAID I DIDNT HAVE A WORLD CHAMPION RACING TO MAKE THAT DECISION.I MIGHT HAVE THOUGHT DIFFERENT IF I DID.
Robat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »

Takter chickened out.

It started sprinkling at 1 pm. Track fast until the 6th.. Yes he rained very hard but races still went in 53.  She was the only SS horse scratched that I know of..
harrylare

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. If Takter seen a problem with either her or the track the right thing was to scratch her.
Can criticize all you want but I'd much rather see her race again and not take a misstep in the slop and have to be euthanized.
Like I said... Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. There will always be someone out there to criticize.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 07:45:45 AM »

For cripes sake it was only a $22,000 purse. Would be stupid to chance it.
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 08:02:53 AM »

Does the decision to race rest solely on the decision on what is right for Takter and the value/legacy of his filly. Or are there other dynamics at play.
Yes, the winners share of $11K has little or no value vs. the risk of injury or defeat.
 But, like others have said , the track proved safe and relatively fast for all others. They all faced the same risk.
I agree with damned if you...  But, as a fan you have to feel slighted here.
 In my opinion, her value has been diminished by this move. Knowing the history of Takter and not recalling him duck a challenge in the past, I tend to believe Johansson may have influenced Takter's decision more than if he was present.
Making the call to go on inspite of the information given by you number 2 guy, and getting beat or injured , would be worse.
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »

Amazing......we go from JUDGES SCRATCH!!! to the truth, wich is far from a judges scratch.  Anybody who questions Takters decision to do this must feel they have more cred than he does regarding the filly.  (really?).  Juice....ya made a nasty break here.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »

Amazing......we go from JUDGES SCRATCH!!! to the truth, wich is far from a judges scratch.  Anybody who questions Takters decision to do this must feel they have more cred than he does regarding the filly.  (really?).  Juice....ya made a nasty break here.

Wait what
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »

Scratched:   See You At Peelers (JG NR)

NR is bullcrap, she was there so how is that not reported...

Regardless, I was just sad to not see her race on an off track to strut her stuff.

Now we wait for Chester where no one bets and Harrah's doesn't care...

At least they have good purse money...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: