Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 09:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Springer's Greatest hits ??  (Read 1192 times)
SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

Why has this forum turned into The Jerry Springer Forum...Is it the Chicago thing Huh

I like a heated discussion as much as anyone, but the personal attacks toward someone for stating their opinions has gotten more out of hand the longer I've been reading the forum postings.

For some of the extremely informative topics & dialog enchanged, there are some extremely pathetic child-like posters whose only intent is to stir the pot rather than say anything useful.

Feel free to attack me now, but every topic after the first three or four posts becomes a name calling free for all rather than an ongoing topic discussion regarding standardbred racing.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:48:13 PM »

crushdog

Have you ever heard of Tony Pernice and Gary O'Brien? Two super trainers from Chicago that Mr. Jesk should think about hiring.
race track phil

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »

crushdog ,           you are absolutely correct !  I answered a post directed to me the RACE TRACK PHIL thread . I gave my opinion and mr offstride decided to twist my words an attack me ! when you've been on the forum for awhile it gets harder and harder to not defend yourself and then the childish bashing begins , I know the guy just wanted to get me mad and maybe I should have not responded . but its hard when somebody is constantly twisting your words . we have lost a lot of good posters in the last year because their are goofs who just want to start a beef . the same guy wished me death or he said his father would wish me dead ! those kind of remarks can really upset someone . when it happens to you maybe you will deal with it better than I .  well anyways maybe its time I moved on and quit posting anyways .  good luck and I hope you dont get bashed by a goof .

RTP
micha goss

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:37:05 PM »

People who don't have an opinion just throw mud, its the american way.

I'm sort of new here and whenever i tell non racing people about this message board i tell them "wow, are there some bitter harness racing fans who post there or what!"

The anger is real here. I post on a few other message boards...a few sports boards i visit, a few non sports boards too and this by far takes the cake as far as bitterness and anger goes.

I've found in my long harness racing career that harness bettors are, in general, more bitter than thoroughbred fans. I don't know why that is. No knock on this message board or Chicago racing, there are plenty of bitter fans all around the country that are harness racing goers.

Personally, i feel that the bitterness stems from being a losing horseplayer. Its hard to be bitter if you are beating the races consistently and have a bunch of extra money in your pocket from horseracing. There is no need to take out your losing-horseplayer frustrations on a message board.

One of the classic moves for posters to do is if they can't argue the facts of someone's post, they resort to personal attacks. Lots of people are not intelligent enough to debate the facts....so, they get personal because, i guess, their attitude is that if you don't agree with someone, just insult them and they you 'win' the argument.

I've found that there are a few posters here who have great insight and i really enjoy reading their posts. There are people here in the know in Chicago racing, which is great to read for someone who's betting the Balm/May races. Once in a while you get a nice tidbit here to help cash a bet....which is the bottom line i guess, cashing bets is what we all ultimately want to do.

Overall, this is a great message board with lots of intelligent posters....i think the mud slinging is funny to read sometimes.....its controversial and you never know what you are going to read here, which is what makes this place great.

Yeah, you know, it would be wonderful in a perfect world if everyone got along (where's Rodney King when you need him?) but thats just not the way things work. People get brave in front of a keyboard.....issusing threats, i'm gonna hit you over the head with a pipe stuff like that....you know, these same people would never think of doing anything like that in real life....they are mostly all talk and use the message board to get their frustrations out in the open.

I think one of the problems (well, maybe its not a problem) is that BTW for the most part is NOT an anonymous board. People here know each other or at least know who the posters are in real life, so maybe that has something to do with all the animosity and hatred.

As much as you all love to disagree a lot and get on each other's case, you have to admit that all of you are harness racing lovers and are here because you love the sport....so, as much as you all 'dont get along' you do have harness racing in common.

We should get a few bTW'ers on Springer, that would be something to see! Shocked
midwestharnisdead

From the midwest where harness racing IS dead!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:02:57 PM »

In your opinion who would classify as an inteligent poster and a seperate list for the goofs

The great St. Louis Cardinals, as long as it is the NATIONAL league.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:36:04 PM »

Crusher: Go *** yourself or join the ARMY. Maybe then you'll learn what freedom of speech is about.
emp

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:41:48 PM »

Email just sent at 11:40 PM CDT, April 24, 2006

TO: jerry@getjerry.com

CC: kcaltv@aol.com, ghym86a@prodigy.com

Dear Jerry,

On a hunch from a local and now infamously international website www.barntowire.com a fellow Barn to Wire (BTW) poster by the name of micha goss has come up with an idea that the regular BTW posters should 'duke it out' on your TV show.

With names of regular posters like TC, Dan Nance, JDakuras, off stride, racetrackphil, burton, MC, RDUKE, sleepless, john, waster, Preto, tonymfan, SUPERMAN, casemania, emp, Tsunami, Heede and others.... the idea of bringing these people to the televison screen to settle their difference would be a sight to see. Most of these posters do not know who the others are as people hide behind their screen names. They bicker, rant, scream, cuss and torment each other all on the 'warden' and 'forum moderators' time.

Again the forum is abtly named Chicago Barn to Wire and can be found at www.barntowire.com

The harness racing forum can be found at:
http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0

More importantly the link on the forum which started this discussion can be found at:
http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?topic=4294.0

If you have any questions feel free to email or call me direct as this idea for a show on your television program would be one people wouldn't soon forget about!

Regards,

(emp)
(details withheld)
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 11:19:54 PM »

Email just sent at 11:40 PM CDT, April 24, 2006

TO: jerry@getjerry.com

CC: kcaltv@aol.com, ghym86a@prodigy.com

Dear Jerry,

On a hunch from a local and now infamously international website www.barntowire.com a fellow Barn to Wire (BTW) poster by the name of micha goss has come up with an idea that the regular BTW posters should 'duke it out' on your TV show.

With names of regular posters like TC, Dan Nance, JDakuras, off stride, racetrackphil, burton, MC, RDUKE, sleepless, john, waster, Preto, tonymfan, SUPERMAN, casemania, emp, Tsunami, Heede and others.... the idea of bringing these people to the televison screen to settle their difference would be a sight to see. Most of these posters do not know who the others are as people hide behind their screen names. They bicker, rant, scream, cuss and torment each other all on the 'warden' and 'forum moderators' time.

Again the forum is abtly named Chicago Barn to Wire and can be found at www.barntowire.com

The harness racing forum can be found at:
http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0

More importantly the link on the forum which started this discussion can be found at:
http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?topic=4294.0

If you have any questions feel free to email or call me direct as this idea for a show on your television program would be one people wouldn't soon forget about!

Regards,

(emp)
(details withheld)
C'mon if your not banging your grandma, or a sibling do you really think they would even think about producing a show about it?? 
SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 08:29:59 AM »

Crusher: Go f*** yourself or join the ARMY. Maybe then you'll learn what freedom of speech is about.

John,

It must have taken some real forethough to come up with that reply. In case you have comprehension issues, my point is/was that people should just post their opinions rather than attacking what others think with responses like what you wrote.

I'm perplexed as to why you even wrote anything at all. It takes a tough guy to write F bombs and quote the constitution. I hope you feel better now.
emp

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/tv/29803,0,5668212.location?coll=mmx-television_heds

For show ideas, people can call 1-800-96-JERRY and leave a 60 minute "idea for a show"...... if enough of us "goofs" and "esteemed posters" call in, this idea could turn into reality!
micha goss

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »

Can someone please post a picture of jerry springer. Thanks.
Armonsol

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: