Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:47:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiz Is Sorely Missed Here  (Read 2216 times)
McElwyns Danger

« on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

Witty, incisive, acerbic, literate and knowledgeable.  The mix is far less interesting without him.
Report to moderator   Logged
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

Witty, incisive, acerbic, literate and knowledgeable.  The mix is far less interesting without him.
Most of all his sense of humor.
God I hope he doesnt have an awfull mean streak like you.
Now as for you you just smear the hell out of any one what up with that???
Talk about the downfall of harness do to Pena and Lightiing lane.
Jezzzzz how many criminals are still involved in harness long before Pena was born??? Oh hell no answer yet hmmmmm Huh?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »

Did you even read what I posted? Apparently not.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:48:05 PM »

Most of all his sense of humor.
God I hope he doesnt have an awfull mean streak like you.
Now as for you you just smear the hell out of any one what up with that???
Talk about the downfall of harness do to Pena and Lightiing lane.
Jezzzzz how many criminals are still involved in harness long before Pena was born??? Oh hell no answer yet hmmmmm Huh?

The business has passed you by Fuzz.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »

I guess very few people actually read the posts.

The guy who's been starting the Pena threads is hank something-or-other, not me.

I chimed in on two of those threads to suggest that he lay off the kids.

I also pointed that Pena was the tip of the iceberg and made rather specific reference to the Allard issue. I even mentioned Winky Mello having won at a higher percentage than Pena after going out on his own.  Winky was clean as a whistle.

Additionally, I pointed out that the big problem with Pena at Yonkers was the short mutuels his horses paid.

But, whatever... carry on, it's all good, a little free-floating rage benefits everyone, I guess.  head shake

Now back to the main topic: WIZ IS MISSED.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »

I guess very few people actually read the posts.

The guy who's been starting the Pena threads is hank something-or-other, not me.

I chimed in on two of those threads to suggest that he lay off the kids.

I also pointed that Pena was the tip of the iceberg and made rather specific reference to the Allard issue. I even mentioned Winky Mello having won at a higher percentage than Pena after going out on his own.  Winky was clean as a whistle.

Additionally, I pointed out that the big problem with Pena at Yonkers was the short mutuels his horses paid.

But, whatever... carry on, it's all good, a little free-floating rage benefits everyone, I guess.  head shake

Now back to the main topic: WIZ IS MISSED.

Sorry I apoligize. I went back and read you are correct.
Hank is the guy that would bash some ones head in with a bat.
But I sure miss Wizz he always made me laugh.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

The wiz is a bitter pill.
He get thrown out of every from he joins.
That should tell you something.

He likes to get the NY knowitalls and gang up on people.
He's George to flukes Lenny, only the character George was much smarter than wiz.
He hates everything about harness racing today but posts over and over about it.
Who does that remind you of?

I hear the old boy can't get on anywhere.

With that said, he'll probably be back here any minute.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:07:01 PM by burton » Report to moderator   Logged
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 06:05:49 PM »

I have had the pleasure of meeting and breaking bread with the Wiz.  He is a terrific guy... witty, urbane, knowledgeable, funny and loyal... everything you'd want in a friend, and I am privileged to call him mine.  I can assure you that I've been banned from more boards than he has (most of them left-wing Canadian and having nothing to do with racing... though that's another story for another time Wink).

I hope he is indeed back here, post haste.

Fuzzy, no need to apologize... what's the latest with Stiffler?
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »

I am new here but not to other such venues. Wiz adds much to the content of any equine related public forum. I have never had the slightest problem with Wiz. I have never seen him respond with anything less than courteous and informative posts _unless_ a less than courteous response was directly or subtly invited.

As long as public forums exist there will be personality conflicts. I donít envy a moderatorís job in dealing with these conflicts Ė but, the heat of conviction makes for good press and keeps the game afoot.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:25:51 AM »

I am new here but not to other such venues. Wiz adds much to the content of any equine related public forum. I have never had the slightest problem with Wiz. I have never seen him respond with anything less than courteous and informative posts _unless_ a less than courteous response was directly or subtly invited.

As long as public forums exist there will be personality conflicts. I donít envy a moderatorís job in dealing with these conflicts Ė but, the heat of conviction makes for good press and keeps the game afoot.

Would you tell us why such a courteous guy has been booted from every forum he has ever joined? (I'm paraphrasing his own words there)
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »

Would you tell us why such a courteous guy has been booted from every forum he has ever joined? (I'm paraphrasing his own words there)

Please tell us why you have and then begged to get back on them. maroon
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »

Could be because the personalities always in conflict are always present -- bait and blast is inevitable when history follows the tour.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »

Could be because the personalities always in conflict are always present -- bait and blast is inevitable when history follows the tour.

Could also be the fact that the wiz has never been able to get along with people at any forum.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »

Could also be the fact that the wiz has never been able to get along with people at any forum.

Seems to me you are referring to yourself? 
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »

Here lies the history of which I speak. Were he not banned, I am sure he would have a 'glowing' response for you.  Wink
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44:20 AM »

Here lies the history of which I speak. Were he not banned, I am sure he would have a 'glowing' response for you.  Wink

thumbs up
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

Great to have you back.
Three posts and you've vouched for the wiz and "verified" that fluke trades emails with Gural.
You are sometimes judged by the company you keep.
That says it all.
Give my best to the wiz!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

Great to have you back.
Three posts and you've vouched for the wiz and "verified" that fluke trades emails with Gural.
That says it all.
Give my best to the wiz!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This coming from the Crown Prince of Harness Racing. Mr. How I met your wife at Maywood or how I didn't and I stated I invented the passing wind Lane   maroon
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »

Great to have you back.
That says it all.
Give my best to the wiz!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never been a member here prior to this week but have been on the tour for awhile.

I will keep whatever company I desire. That inlcuded you at another site.  Wink
burton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »

Never been a member here prior to this week but have been on the tour for awhile.

I will keep whatever company I desire. That inlcuded you at another site.  Wink

Sounds great!!!!!!!
Give my best to the wiz.
vaporize

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »

As previously posted in the fluke thread...No one should be banned..
Conduct that the mod determines so egregious is often just a knee jerk(no pun intended) reaction on her part.   
Quick on the trigger...Reminds me of the Penguins who did not ask just wacked.
Bring back the Wiz..Let the brother go ....Let the brother go...Let the brother go.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »

I will keep whatever company I desire. That inlcuded you at another site.  Wink

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »

The Wiz most often showed his great memory and personal love for the sport of harness racing. I often enjoyed his trivia and other postings.
 But let's not forget the man could and would turn on a dime. And, was just as petty and nasty as he was delightful. Sad but true.
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »

Sounds great!!!!!!!
Give my best to the wiz.

Will do but I think he may still be able to read posts here. 8)
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »

The Wiz most often showed his great memory and personal love for the sport of harness racing. I often enjoyed his trivia and other postings.
 But let's not forget the man could and would turn on a dime. And, was just as petty and nasty as he was delightful. Sad but true.

We all have that in us when provoked buy some of these harness know it alls. Some laugh it off and others take the opposite approach.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »

I always loved the dramatic posts when he would leave forever and then his buddies would dramatically beg him to comeback.
Then he would dramatically comeback and then there would be the dramtic welcome back wiz threads.
God I miss that comedy.
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »

The high school drama is what I disliked the most.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »

I always loved the dramatic posts when he would leave forever and then his buddies would dramatically beg him to comeback.
Then he would dramatically comeback and then there would be the dramtic welcome back wiz threads.
God I miss that comedy.

Reminds me of when you cried to 3 board moderators to please put you back on their sites. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy maroon maroon maroon maroon
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »

The wiz is a bitter pill.
He get thrown out of every from he joins.
That should tell you something.

He likes to get the NY knowitalls and gang up on people.
He's George to flukes Lenny, only the character George was much smarter than wiz.
He hates everything about harness racing today but posts over and over about it.
Who does that remind you of?

I hear the old boy can't get on anywhere.

With that said, he'll probably be back here any minute.
Burton I have not had a problem with Wizz one bit.
Burton nor have I had a problem with you.
I have found you and I can disagree and still be respectful the same is very true with Wiz and I.
In fact even with Juice he and I can disagree and still be respectful
Their is only one on this forum that I feel is a real ***.
I just dont like people who smear good owners and great horses.
Have to say kind  of carry a chip on my shoulder in some of those matters.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 09:47:17 AM »

Burton I have not had a problem with Wizz one bit.
Burton nor have I had a problem with you.
I have found you and I can disagree and still be respectful the same is very true with Wiz and I.
In fact even with Juice he and I can disagree and still be respectful
Their is only one on this forum that I feel is a real ***.
I just dont like people who smear good owners and great horses.
Have to say kind  of carry a chip on my shoulder in some of those matters.
Then by all means bring him back.
Then when he leaves again we can hold a wake.
Hoberz

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:56:55 PM by Hoberz » Report to moderator   Logged

TALK horses & handicapping over at www.thelightninglane.com
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »

I have had the pleasure of meeting and breaking bread with the Wiz.  He is a terrific guy... witty, urbane, knowledgeable, funny and loyal... everything you'd want in a friend, and I am privileged to call him mine.  I can assure you that I've been banned from more boards than he has (most of them left-wing Canadian and having nothing to do with racing... though that's another story for another time Wink).

I hope he is indeed back here, post haste.

Fuzzy, no need to apologize... what's the latest with Stiffler?

McElwyns Danger  Thankyou for asking about Stiffler.
His groom Pauly took a job with Rick Plano and went East with Rick.
Stiffler was never the same when Pauly left. Pauly is the greatest harness groom I have ever had. I miss him as much as my boy Stiffler.
Stiffler will not be returning to race unless I can find another Pauly.
Stiffler was on 3 legs after his last race for about 5 days. I cannot allow any horse of mine to suffer like that. I have never owned a horse that wants to be a race horse more than Stiffler. He  has such a wonderful disposition I just love being around Stiffler. He is in my front yard chasing the dear and turkeys calling to the local mares.
I am not even sure their will be harness in California any more.
So Stiffler will just have to be satisfied in being a very pretty yard peace.
You take care Mcelwyn and Thanks for asking about the Stiffler.
Stifflers Mom

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »

The business has passed you by Fuzz.

Over on the tbred side, we finally decided Fudgie Pants is soused all the time. No making sense of any of it. Stops by from time to time to offer her "insightful" Roll Eyes opinions on the nature and sins of other posters, and then disappears back to wherever she crawled out of this time. Actual on-topic contributions on the subject of horse racing: mighty rare.  
Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

A bit off topic but then so was that unwarranted slam to Fuzz.

Fuzz has a good heart and takes excellent care of her animals. Slamming Fuzz was low -- making a point of coming from the Tbred forum to the harness forum to slam Fuzz is whale droppings.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »

A bit off topic but then so was that unwarranted slam to Fuzz.

Fuzz has a good heart and takes excellent care of her animals. Slamming Fuzz was low -- making a point of coming from the Tbred forum to the harness forum to slam Fuzz is whale droppings.

Fudgie made her own bed by coming to the tbred forum in the first place from the harness forum to personally slam other posters because she didn't like their opinions about Zenyatta's race career. She does that all the time - just drop by to slam other posters. Good heart and taking care of her animals does not excuse her behavior toward other forum posters, such as she did, unprovoked, to McElwyn's Danger in the other thread.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

I've changed my mind about wiz.
He is fantasitic.
Please bring him back asap!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:28:21 PM by burton » Report to moderator   Logged
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »

I often feel better after a good wizz.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 08:19:13 AM »

Over on the tbred side, we finally decided Fudgie Pants is soused all the time. No making sense of any of it. Stops by from time to time to offer her "insightful" Roll Eyes opinions on the nature and sins of other posters, and then disappears back to wherever she crawled out of this time. Actual on-topic contributions on the subject of horse racing: mighty rare.  
So who is we ***Huh
You tell johnny whoppers about people just like many other posters do about owners and trainers. You appeal to the forum that I am a drunk and if you really knew me you know that is a total untruth a smear and shows you are liar and just a total fabrication of your own mine trying to excuse your viscous behavior.
You are totally jealous and obsessed with "Zenyatta and her crew."
I did apologize to Mcelwyn.
Many posters have left because of your nonsense which is only your appeal for attention.To show the world your relationship with the boss.
If you notice the Tbred side is a total ghost town compared to what it use to be just like I said would happen when Zenyatta retired.
Poster got tired of your assnine comments and you crying to the boss.
You are a cancer to Barntowire and someday your friend will see what your friendship is all about Roids ego.
I only drink on weekends when my horse races *** but you wanted to smear me and my character and appeal to your posting buddies. You are as bad as the things on horsecrap.com and that is horrible and you are No different then all the reasons horse racing is down the pea patch because of individuals like you is exactly why you are not an ambassador for the sport. My grammar may not be as well versed as yours but my integrity and ethics you would have to stand on a chair to kiss my royal American. Now *** try to grow a tomato plant.You skid remark imbecile.

bello

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

Hang in there Fuzzy. Despite the face that most of us hate each other, we all love'ya, except apparrently for one person. Don't let him get to you.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »

Hang in there Fuzzy. Despite the face that most of us hate each other, we all love'ya, except apparrently for one person. Don't let him get to you.
Thanks Bello.
hey my boys on his way to golden gate keep you posted.

Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 09:27:02 AM »

Fudgie made her own bed by coming to the tbred forum in the first place from the harness forum to personally slam other posters......

So, that would put Fuzz in the wrong in your opinion. Without knowing the history, I will assume the quoted statement is accurate. If that initial action is wrong then anyone repeating it in reverse would also be in the wrong.

Believe me when I tell you that I am not just another trouble maker -- the seemingly uninvited attack 'here' against a member I know from other venues bothered me to the point I felt a response was in order (my sense of right/wrong I suppose would be accurate -- that, regarding the whole thread and not just your post).

Thanks for the response. 

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »

So, that would put Fuzz in the wrong in your opinion. Without knowing the history, I will assume the quoted statement is accurate. If that initial action is wrong then anyone repeating it in reverse would also be in the wrong.

Fudgie put herself in the wrong as far I am personally concerned by launching personal attacks out of the blue on the tbred forum over a racing discussion. Yes, that is accurate. It's still in the archives, along with my two requests that she cease before I started giving it back to her. Later I put her on ignore and quit replying to her gibberish posts, because I found her forum contributions here for the most part worthless - nothing but a combination of "I love horses more than you" and out-of-the-blue negative judgments of other posters' characters and sins. So, you might think that might be the end. However, I saw from some post the other day that quoted one of hers that she continues to launch her personal attacks against me, unprovoked, and then she did what she did to McElwyn's Danger in this thread, unprovoked, so I said something.

Believe me when I tell you that I am not just another trouble maker -- the seemingly uninvited attack 'here' against a member I know from other venues bothered me to the point I felt a response was in order (my sense of right/wrong I suppose would be accurate -- that, regarding the whole thread and not just your post).

Thanks for the response. 

I understand your perspective, and respect that. Now you know both sides of the story.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »

Fudgie put herself in the wrong as far I am personally concerned by launching personal attacks out of the blue on the tbred forum over a racing discussion. Yes, that is accurate. It's still in the archives, along with my two requests that she cease before I started giving it back to her. Later I put her on ignore and quit replying to her gibberish posts, because I found her forum contributions here for the most part worthless - nothing but a combination of "I love horses more than you" and out-of-the-blue negative judgments of other posters' characters and sins. So, you might think that might be the end. However, I saw from some post the other day that quoted one of hers that she continues to launch her personal attacks against me, unprovoked, and then she did what she did to McElwyn's Danger in this thread, unprovoked, so I said something.

I understand your perspective, and respect that. Now you know both sides of the story.
Liar you never asked me or Pm me. You are a liar.
You called your self a messenger all you ever do is Paste something from the DRF.
Then when people disagreed you said people wanting to shoot the messenger. (your cut and paste)
You continually attacked the Connections of a great horse now that is the facts jack.
You are troll. When you get people to respond you cry to your friend. Which I have never done about you.
You made fun of a poem I made up about Zenyatta and smeared me as just mush.
You have continually baited me and made fun of me and other posters on this forum and then come back with a twisted post making you look like a victim.
You continually made accusations as to the fact I am a drunk now you still want to keep up your charade. You are a farce and if you were a true friend of the moderator you would except the responsibility of the things you have done to help along the demise of this forum.
Rumor is you hated the Zenyatta connections cause they are in the recording business and put know value in your vocal talent as you thought your connection to the Tbred business would give you a foot in the door. Mind you it was a rumor!

Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »

McElwyns Danger  Thankyou for asking about Stiffler.
We have abused this topic to the point that I don't see where it would hurt to defuse it with asking about Hydro and Pleasure (Fruition) - how they doing Fuzz?

vaporize

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »

"If you spot it you got it."
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

We have abused this topic to the point that I don't see where it would hurt to defuse it with asking about Hydro and Pleasure (Fruition) - how they doing Fuzz?

You got it Thanks for asking you know me as any proud mother cannot wait to talk about their children.
The breeders of Hydro came to me and asked me to please give him back to them.
They own his father who has been gelded.
I couldnt resisted their love for this gorgeous horse. He was given back to Katie Scott.
they love him and he is with his sire in a pasture and they look like twins I explained to them what a beautiful pair they would make as a matching hitch. Hydro is back with his very own family and loving life on 92 acers.
Now Knights Fruition is another story he is on his way to Golden Gate as we post.

Badlands Bad Boy

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »

Great news about Hydro, Fuzz. Bet he is walking easy now. If you get time, PM me about Fruition's adventure at GG.

Thanks for the update. If Stifler catches one of those turkeys save me a drumstick (-:
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 06:44:41 AM »

I've changed my mind about wiz.
He is fantasitic.
Please bring him back asap!!!!!!

Thanks for reconsidering Gump. maroon laughing guy
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »

Fudgie made her own bed by coming to the tbred forum in the first place from the harness forum to personally slam other posters because she didn't like their opinions about Zenyatta's race career. She does that all the time - just drop by to slam other posters. Good heart and taking care of her animals does not excuse her behavior toward other forum posters, such as she did, unprovoked, to McElwyn's Danger in the other thread.
Really wow !
Unlike you dont make me laugh!
You protected Pilgrim.
When I am wrong I am wrong. I admit it not like you!
Its okay for you to troll and bait and stir it up.
dont worry we are all tired of you acting like tc on another forum.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: