Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:43:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IHHA - Negotiations Update  (Read 2848 times)
Banker Barker

« on: November 10, 2005, 05:35:07 PM »

Found this on the IHHA website.....

The IHHA negotiating committee had a meeting with track management last Friday, Nov. 4th. The discussions centered on the main issue separating the two sides, recapture. The IHHA has stood firm on keeping the same terms for recaputure as we are currently racing for. Currently the track waives  80% of recapture unless the state reimburses us or the legislators approve slots at the tracks. So far the track has not given us a definitive counter offer and still refuses to match our 2005 agreement .

Management has been saying to horsemen that they have been offering to pay purses at the same level they are today. Except, they will not guarantee  total purses paid. This idea would allow them to write a condition sheet full of lower class races while allowing the total purses paid to plummet and they would keep any balance that accumulates in the purse account.

In addition to recapture, there have been discussions about eliminating the sulky insurance, charging for coffee, having nine horse fields on all of the races at Maywood and charging stall rent.

Please keep checking the IHHA website for updates and status of  the contract negotiations
Report to moderator   Logged
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:39:47 PM »

I keep hearing that the tracks are offering to waive all of recapture, but Sam Lilly says they have offered to waive nothing.  What to believe?
sn

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:44:21 PM »

Sounds about right, The Johnstons holding up negociations of a new contract and worried about charging for COFFEE?Huh come on , cant you guys see who your dealing with here???

Charge for COFFEE? and charge for STALL RENT??? They will NEVER,NEVER,NEVER waive recapture!!! you can take that to the bank!!!!
Banker Barker

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

Does anyone know if other tracks charge for stall rent?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 05:52:06 PM »

I don't know the norm, but it seems completely fair for them to charge for the use of their facilities, IMO.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »

Never heard of it as long as a meet is being held at the track. More nonsence by the gestapo to cost the horseman even more money.
sn

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 05:55:17 PM »

EW, you are wrong!!! winter training facilities that also run race meets have charged stall rent to make sure the horses race to help fill cards. They do some thing like give you back so much per start when you race. The idea of Maywood and Bal. charging horsemen stall rent is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 05:55:30 PM »

I don't know the norm, but it seems completely fair for them to charge for the use of their facilities, IMO.

Best,
EW

Are you crazy? Charging stall rent where a meet is being held? That's unheard of unless you're racing under a gestapo, which they are.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 06:02:26 PM »

Are you crazy? Charging stall rent where a meet is being held? That's unheard of unless you're racing under a gestapo, which they are.

I specifically said "I don't know the norm."

Generally in America, if you use facilities, you have to pay for the use...

It may be antiquated policies such as this that have caused the growth of the industry to cease.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 06:06:08 PM »

I specifically said "I don't know the norm."

Generally in America, if you use facilities, you have to pay for the use...

It may be antiquated policies such as this that have caused the growth of the industry to cease.

Best,
EW

" Generally in America " it's *** the little guy and make the richer more richer. 
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 06:09:36 PM »

" Generally in America " it's *** the little guy and make the richer more richer. 

Bullshit, Dan.  There's no better place to be "the little guy."

Supposedly, you were the "little guy" and now you're in a good place, living the good life.  Try that shit elsewhere.

Best,
EW

Ironworks

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 06:11:23 PM »

We've never been charged in Indiana or various tracks in Ontairo.  Just some extra info to back up what both SN and DN are saying.  It sounds like a nickle dime move by the track.  I'd have no problem paying a few bucks to rent a stall if maidens went for $7,500 again.
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »

I may be a minority here but this is my opinion on the stall rent issue. Bal. has always had a problem with free loaders  people storeing euipment in stalls when there isnt enought stalls I have seen people with 5 horses take up 15 stalls.  I think $50 per stall is fair , but only for horses that are not Q If they have raced in the last 45 days then you dont pay for that stall.  The tracks also need to comprimise on some things bedding should be what ever you prefer . All the feed rooms need fixed up the way they are now you dont have any chioce but to store things in satlls they all leak. if you want a extra stall or 2 then you have to pay for it .
   Just my opinion
  Rick Dane
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 11:02:44 PM »

Bullshit, Dan.  There's no better place to be "the little guy."

Supposedly, you were the "little guy" and now you're in a good place, living the good life.  Try that shit elsewhere.

Best,
EW

You must be a republician if you don't think the rich don't *** the " little guy " generally in America.

If you think being the " little guy " in America is so great then your are out there my man.

Try that shit elsewhere.

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 11:07:41 PM »

You must be a republician if you don't think the rich don't *** the " little guy " generally in America.

If you think being the " little guy " in America is so great then your are out there my man.

Try that shit elsewhere.

Where else is it better to be the "little guy" Dan??

Everywhere in the World, the rich and powerful use their greater resources to their advantage.  There's more chances to improve your standing here than in any other nation in the World.

So, yes, Dan, the "little guy" does okay here.

Best,
EW

PS - and, yes, I'm Conservative.  I don't like a bloated government controlling business and forcing "fairness" and "diversity" down my throat.

Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »

Where else is it better to be the "little guy" Dan??

Everywhere in the World, the rich and powerful use their greater resources to their advantage.  There's more chances to improve your standing here than in any other nation in the World.

So, yes, Dan, the "little guy" does okay here.

Best,
EW

PS - and, yes, I'm Conservative.  I don't like a bloated government controlling business and forcing "fairness" and "diversity" down my throat.

Bush as messed this country up real good. He cheated to win office in his first term. It seems you stand behind cheaters and frauds.

People were living better and had more money when Clinton was in office. The oil company's weren't ripping the public off then either.

The rich make sure the  " little guys " stay little so they can LIVE LARGE.

Don't bother me with this shit anymore BIG rich boy.
Richard Breth

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 11:28:26 PM »

Calling Sigmund Freud. Dan Nance admits the root of all his behavior on this forum.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 11:28:53 PM »

Bush as messed this country up real good. He cheated to win office in his first term. It seems you stand behind cheaters and frauds.

People were living better and had more money when Clinton was in office. The oil company's weren't ripping the public off then either.

Don't bother me with this shit anymore BIG rich boy.

People lived better when Clinton was in office, strictly because of the economic cycle, Dan.

Newsflash: for the most part, all politicans are thiefs -- Republican OR Democrat.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 11:54:22 PM »

Newsflash: for the most part, all politicans are thiefs -- Republican OR Democrat.

And racing officials and IRB board members are also THIEFS and CORRUPT.

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 11:56:48 PM »

And racing officials and IRB board members are also THIEFS and CORRUPT.

One thing we definitely agree on, Dan.

I STILL can't believe the 2006 dates.

Best,
EW

trotter

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

Stall rent is just another little ploy in the contract negotiations.  They have to bring something new up every year that they know they can cave in to, so they look like they are giving in on something. 

Total bullshit.  Hundred bucks to shoe one, 55 bucks to scope one, 5 dollar hay, now as though we aren't getting screwed enough, lets throw in stall rent. Maybe we can pay entry fees too, so we can completely lose our asses.  Get real....we put on the show.  Good God when will all this be over. I'd rather not race for a year than keep putting more money in their pockets. 
emp

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 12:44:53 AM »

Stall rent is just another little ploy in the contract negotiations.  They have to bring something new up every year that they know they can cave in to, so they look like they are giving in on something. 

Total bullshit.  Hundred bucks to shoe one, 55 bucks to scope one, 5 dollar hay, now as though we aren't getting screwed enough, lets throw in stall rent. Maybe we can pay entry fees too, so we can completely lose our asses.  Get real....we put on the show.  Good God when will all this be over. I'd rather not race for a year than keep putting more money in their pockets. 
It's becoming a rich game laddie and all of the little people will be taken out in groups, not slowly.

Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, BOOM! SLOTS! and there will no longer be the little guys who've supported the game in Illinois all of these years.......... YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT ONE!
Dan Nance

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 12:56:31 AM »

You can blame this lady for one of the reasons horseman will be going broke in 2006.
clown town

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 02:13:27 AM »

LETS BLAME EVERYBODY BUT THE RACE FIXING, TRAINER JUICING, FALSE OWNING, BAD DRIVING BUSINESS THAT CHICAGO HAS BECOME!!!!!!!!!!
JUST ASK THE MACKENZIES, PROFFESIONAL 2ND TRAINERS, SHIPPING,
PRE-RACING GURU'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 02:39:38 AM »

It's going on 2AM in Chicago. Don't you guys ever got to bed and sleep? Tomorrow is another day for all this nonsence.

I had enough for today it's only 11:37 here in Vegas under clear skies and 60 degree temps. Time to have a glass of wine and relax and watch TV.

Goodnight all you fine Chicagoans.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: