Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:15:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harness racing RUMORS??  (Read 4432 times)
sn

« on: November 10, 2005, 05:29:12 PM »

My sources tell me that Youbet.com is paying drivers $60,000 to wear a patch on their colors starting at the opening of the Big M meet!!!

They also tell me that the real inventor and developer of Tommys race bike has a big time attorney filing a lawsuit against Tommy in a Florida court as we speak!!!

There is also a NEW racebike in the works made of Titaneum that is going to hit the scene very soon and totally inivate the harness racing game!!!!

Stay tooned, when these RUMORS become true you guys can remember who broke the news to BTW first!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:50:08 PM »

SN

Is you.bet also paying the drivers to place all thier bets through them instead of betting through the windows. 
sn

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »

DN, youbet has deals with the drivers to wear patches, so who knows what other deals they have made and with whom?Huh
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:27:21 PM »

I have a hard time beliening the tracks expecialy the big M letting the drivers wear gambling pathes . Cambell and P.Lachance are the only 2 i know of that wear things on there colores now PL has redkin for men and JC ssg  .

Rick Dane
twiliteguy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 08:45:09 PM »

that racebike has got to cost close to $10k if made out of titanium.....but probably worth it if designed properly..

Guy
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »

The elder lachance wears a logo to. Saw it at the state fair.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 10:55:50 PM »

John Campbell has an advertising deal with Youbet but I don't know how much he is paid.
njhorseman

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »

A few years ago the USTA changed its rules, allowing drivers to display advertising on their colors. It's only recently started to catch on, which is why you're first noticing the ads. One of the first companies to sign up a number of drivers was a manufacturer of driving gloves.
sn

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 10:48:50 AM »

What glove maker was that Paul?Huh
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 10:51:14 AM »

What glove maker was that Paul?Huh

Scott:
I believe it was SSG.
sn

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 10:52:42 AM »

Yeah , those are some nice gloves, I had a pair of Deerskin ones once!!!
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 02:15:48 PM »

If that's true it's just another example of how damn dumb the horsemen are. It's like a guy who is employed by McDonald's wearing a Burger King cap to work.
race track phil

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »

well its another bonus for the driver ! how about the trainer ? whats he get as a bonus ? the forgotten guy when it comes to money and stardom in harness racing compared to the driver . dont get me wrong they both do a job . but it seems the trainer can get a bad owner who stiffs sometimes and the driver never gets stiffed for his job . I think the trainer should get more credit . how about a trainer wearing some advertisements !    RTP
sn

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 02:53:36 PM »

Yeah Phil, how about it!!! you know its adrivers game.They can make or break a traine. A whole weeks work can go up in smoke in seconds with a bad driver move ala Charles Macri Right?
race track phil

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 03:13:34 PM »

SCOTTY ,      wonder what ever happen to park'em out chuck ? give a driver a break and what does he do ! how many drivers did you give a break too , putting them up and trusting them ? as good as laverne did for you , he still stiffed molly on occasion . especially when bowen told him and greased his pocket . I even tipped the guy a thousand for running second once cause I still made about 10,000 on the race . I apologize for being a dummy back then . I ve learned a lot since then about the game . I should have given you and dan the tip ! you were the guys who got ritmo going , laverne just reaped the benefits for awhile . one of the truest sayings ever written . LIVE AND LEARN !
                                       RTP
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »

SCOTTY ,      wonder what ever happen to park'em out chuck ? give a driver a break and what does he do ! how many drivers did you give a break too , putting them up and trusting them ? as good as laverne did for you , he still stiffed molly on occasion . especially when bowen told him and greased his pocket . I even tipped the guy a thousand for running second once cause I still made about 10,000 on the race . I apologize for being a dummy back then . I ve learned a lot since then about the game . I should have given you and dan the tip ! you were the guys who got ritmo going , laverne just reaped the benefits for awhile . one of the truest sayings ever written . LIVE AND LEARN !
                                       RTP

Thank you Phil for telling it like it is. At least these viewers are hearing it from someone other then me that we got STIFFED many times by the same guys who you and us took care of with BIG tips and many drives when they were trying to make a name for themselves.

The trainers mean NOTHING in this business and they are the backbone of the game. The drivers get all the credit. They do deserve alot of credit but if it were'nt for the trainers they would be out of work.

When I called the USTA last year and asked them why they didn't keep trainer stats before 1991 they told me because the drivers are all that matters in the sport. Can you believe that shit coming out of the mouth of a USTA employee? You know what I say Phil ?

F**KEM ALL!!!!!
[/b]
sn

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 03:27:58 PM »

Phil, you know it, drivers can make or break a trainer but a trainer can give a driver his start!!! look at all the guys we put up to drive and won races with. Do you think it was the drivers ability at that time or just a horse that was ready to go??

LaVern Hostetler
Marlin Eash
John Eddy
Mike Pernice
Don Kukla
Stan Tocco
Dan Knox
Phil Knox
Marc Aubin
And the best of all Lenny DeAmelio!!!!!
njhorseman

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »

Thank you Phil for telling it like it is. At least these viewers are hearing it from someone other then me that we got STIFFED many times by the same guys who you and us took care of with BIG tips and many drives when they were trying to make a name for themselves.

The trainers mean NOTHING in this business and they are the backbone of the game. The drivers get all the credit. They do deserve alot of credit but if it were'nt for the trainers they would be out of work.

When I called the USTA last year and asked them why they didn't keep trainer stats before 1991 they told me because the drivers are all that matters in the sport. Can you believe that shit coming out of the mouth of a USTA employee? You know what I say Phil ?

F**KEM ALL!!!!!
[/b]

Dan:
If it weren't for the owners, the trainers, drivers, and everyone else for that matter, would be out of business.  Shocked
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 03:31:26 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 03:30:18 PM »

.Lenny De Amelio now there's a houshold name. how many horses did he drive?
sn

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 03:35:52 PM »

Lenny drove when the cash was down, you see what alot of people dont know is that Lenny was well respected among the other drivers, I cant quote races right now but you see when Lenny won he got some help from the other drivers in the race!!!!

Dont worry it will all be told in JD's book Right DN???
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 03:38:05 PM »

Dan:
If it weren't for the owners, the trainers, drivers, and everyone else for that matter, ould be out of business.  Shocked

Paul, I agree 100%. Our family started out as owners in this business in 1975 and then SN and I started training on our own in 1979.

All through our training careers we owned horses and trained for others. We sunk hundreds of thousands into the business as owners. We made alot of money and pissed away alot of money on farms, equipment, horse trailers, trucks and paying grooms way more then we should have paid them.

Paul, if it weren't for people like us, the track owners would be out of business. And people like would not have a job in racing.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »

OWNERS?
  TRAINERS?
     DRIVERS?
         Who's most important??
You'd all be out of business and workin real jobs if it weren't for the CHUMPS in the grandstand'bettin on the races.

And if everyone involved fails to make racing more attractive to the ultimate consumer and BANKROLLER of the sport.the shit will hit the fan.
njhorseman

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 04:05:13 PM »

OWNERS?
  TRAINERS?
     DRIVERS?
         Who's most important??
You'd all be out of business and workin real jobs if it weren't for the CHUMPS in the grandstand'bettin on the races.

And if everyone involved fails to make racing more attractive to the ultimate consumer and BANKROLLER of the sport.the shit will hit the fan.

If the owners didn't buy horses, the chumps in the grandstand wouldn't have a grandstand or any horses to bet on.

Virtually every owner I know started out as (and still is) a bettor. I have every respect for the bettors, because I am one, but you guys are investing chump change in comparison to what the owners put into the game. We're betting more than most, and paying for the horses to boot.
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 04:10:07 PM »

Lenny drove when the cash was down, you see what alot of people dont know is that Lenny was well respected among the other drivers, I cant quote races right now but you see when Lenny won he got some help from the other drivers in the race!!!!

Dont worry it will all be told in JD's book Right DN???

Lenny got it all one night at Maywood with " Lea Chirstina " for his man John Cozzi. Called me up and told me he would win because he would be getting help in the race from a driver or two. He had the rail and was going to get help from some blockers. He told me to bring out bullets and bet for us but I didn't believe what he told me so I only bet $50 to win. He won and paid $13.40 and the race went exactly like he told me it was going to go. Lenny was STEAMING when I told him I only bet $50. He told me he would never let me in on anything again. And he didn't. Lenny put alot of horses over and cashed big for the " Cigar Guy " and " John ".

I'm positive the " Lea Christina " race was in 1989. Maybe Ewardwilliam has a tape of that race we can see.

Or maybe can pull a copy of the replay and post it on here for us to watch Lenny get boated home.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »

Lenny got it all one night at Maywood with " Lea Chirstina " for his man John Cozzi. Called me up and told me he would win because he would be getting help in the race from a driver or two. He had the rail and was going to get help from some blockers. He told me to bring out bullets and bet for us but I didn't believe what he told me so I only bet $50 to win. He won and paid $13.40 and the race went exactly like he told me it was going to go. Lenny was STEAMING when I told him I only bet $50. He told me he would never let me in on anything again. And he didn't. Lenny put alot of horses over and cashed big for the " Cigar Guy " and " John ".

I'm positive the " Lea Christina " race was in 1989. Maybe Ewardwilliam has a tape of that race we can see.

Or maybe can pull a copy of the replay and post it on here for us to watch Lenny get boated home.  

I hope all you bettors out there realize what you're up against when you take on the boys (some drivers).

That is why I wanted to tell the above story. It's not the trainers you should be worried about. It's the drivers because they control the outcome.

You can take all your figures Edward and Ken and throw them out the window because they mean nothing unless you land on the right horse.

Just wait until Joe's book comes out, then you'll learn something.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: