Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 10:12:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago 2 year olds so far  (Read 9330 times)
Maymoral

« on: July 03, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

Pacing Standouts so far...

Colts / Geldings (Ordered from top to bottom)

Fillies(Ordered from top to bottom)
Podges Lady
Fox Valley Hermia

I will adjust and update this list in the future!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:05:33 AM by Maymoral » Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:01:17 AM »

you are on top of it thumbs up thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
Doobie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

I belive ALS HAMMERED fits right in there,Phillips has two nice colts !!
Maymoral

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »

I'm not at all impressed by him.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »

Colts / Geldings (Ordered from top to bottom)
Crime Of Passion
Peachys Pistol
Le-Sirenuse

Fox Valley Hermia
Fine Art Mindale

Other than  maroon agreeing with you which is a joke in it self what are credentials that give your opinion of horses any creditbality whatsoever? I think most of the forum that cares about Chicago 2 year olds can sort out the good ones from the rats on our own. Thanks anyway.

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
Chitown Doubts

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »

Other than  maroon agreeing with you which is a joke in it self what are credentials that give your opinion of horses any creditbality whatsoever? I think most of the forum that cares about Chicago 2 year olds can sort out the good ones from the rats on our own. Thanks anyway.

Why attack somebody for starting a post ?

This is why nobody post on this site And it is a ghost town
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »

this guy knows his chicago racing good fella bad post

Doobie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

I'm not at all impressed by him.
Not impressed,He is the fastest two year old in the country on a half mile track winning in 56 flat by 6 and a half under wraps,I believe that is impressive,also let me tell you he can beat the hell out of the other colt Ive seen it !
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »

Maymoral  knows everything about chicago racing don't question him

prairiebettor

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »

Fox Valley Hermia
Fine Art Mindale

Mindale looked good in her first race tonight.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 09:27:25 PM »

Maymorial,
Did you forget? You were going to explain your many reasons why it is easier to evaluate two year olds off of one qualifier then it is aged horses.
There were again several  qualifying races last week.
The  week before you posted not a single good horse qualified with maybe one exception from the 19 qualifiers.
How many good horses qualified from last Wed's 18 qualifiers?

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
Maymoral

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »

Maymorial,
Did you forget? You were going to explain your many reasons why it is easier to evaluate two year olds off of one qualifier then it is aged horses.
There were again several  qualifying races last week.
The  week before you posted not a single good horse qualified with maybe one exception from the 19 qualifiers.
How many good horses qualified from last Wed's 18 qualifiers?

It's easier to evaluate 2 year olds in qualies because the older ones can take much longer to round into form and the qualifier is usually not a good indicator of their potential.  The qualifier for say a 5 year old gelding is usually really just the start of their training while 2 year olds come into the qualifier much more ready to go.  That's why you get a clearer picture of what a horse will be like with the 2 year olds than with the old war horses qualifying.

As far as last Wednesday...There appeared to be some good trotting stock going.  Fox Valley Velvet (2y f) looked good from the James Eaton stable.  With the pacers, Starlana was very impressive.  She is a 2 year old filly.

Thank you for the questions.
Maymoral

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

Not impressed,He is the fastest two year old in the country on a half mile track winning in 56 flat by 6 and a half under wraps,I believe that is impressive,also let me tell you he can beat the hell out of the other colt Ive seen it !

You must be related to the horse's connections to think in such a way.  From my unbiased point of view you are wrong and we will see in time. binoculars  He may turn out to be a decent horse, but I'm looking for standouts here.  I don't know what other colt you're talking about either.  In his race against Peachys Pistol, Al's Hammered sat in the pocket the whole race with a perfect trip then mounted an effort but could not get by and then Pistol pulled away in deep stretch by a few lengths.  I remember so clearly because I was at Balmoral trackside and had money on Peachy to win.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:45:59 AM by Maymoral » Report to moderator   Logged
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

It's easier to evaluate 2 year olds in qualies because the older ones can take much longer to round into form and the qualifier is usually not a good indicator of their potential.  The qualifier for say a 5 year old gelding is usually really just the start of their training while 2 year olds come into the qualifier much more ready to go.  That's why you get a clearer picture of what a horse will be like with the 2 year olds than with the old war horses qualifying.

As far as last Wednesday...There appeared to be some good trotting stock going.  Fox Valley Velvet (2y f) looked good from the James Eaton stable.  With the pacers, Starlana was very impressive.  She is a 2 year old filly.

Thank you for the questions.
Thanks for the food for thought.
Myself, and I think most hands on horse trainers would disagree with you, but that does not mean you are not right.
I think you are leaving out one factor.
That factor being IMHO more important then the age of the horse.
The owner/trainer tendencies.
Some o/t don't qualify till their horse is fit and  ready to race. Others qualify to get them tight and fit.

As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »

Thanks for the food for thought.
Myself, and I think most hands on horse trainers would disagree with you, but that does not mean you are not right.
I think you are leaving out one factor.
That factor being IMHO more important then the age of the horse.
The owner/trainer tendencies.
Some o/t don't qualify till their horse is fit and  ready to race. Others qualify to get them tight and fit.

Great synopsis and a great handicapping tool.
Maymoral

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

We will see if your big mouth is right on Friday night at Maywood.  Great race, the Fox Valley Barzgar Stake.

THIRD RACE
Condition: THE FOX VALLEY BARZGAR 2 Year Old Colts & Geldings, (Illinois Conceived and Foaled)
Gait: Pace    Purse: $9,000    Class: 2yoStk-IB    Dis: 1 Mile
   HN    PP    Horse    Meds    Driver    Trainer    Years Best    Last 3    Odds    Claiming    
   1    1    PEACHYS PISTOL       

Ro Gillespie

Gr Ross Jr
   1:55.1    1-1-1    

1A    8    KYLE CREDIBLE       

Ro Gillespie

Gr Ross Jr
   1:59.3    1-2-3    

2    2    UNCLE SMOOTHIE       

Ri Warren

Ne Willis
   1:57.2    1-2-X    

2A    7    CUATRO CINCO       

Ri Warren

Ne Willis
   X-X-X    2-2-4    

3    3    LE-SIRENUSE       

Ro Smolin

Ro Phillips
   1:56.1    1-1-1    

4    4    ICE SCRAPER       

Br Carpenter

Ke Collier
   X-X-X    3-3-3    

5    5    AL'S HAMMERED       

Ro Smolin

Ro Phillips
   1:56.0    1-2-1    

6    6    NJ'S BIG DEAL       

Jo Roberts

Jo Fletcher
   2:01.4    1-4-5    

7    9    INCREDAPORT

Al's Hammered gets another crack at Peachy's Pistol.  I see no reason he will be able to beat him the second time around especially with the post position.  The wildcard here will be Le-Serinuse fresh off his convincing win at Balmoral.  We will see if Al's Hammered is so good like you say here.  My personal opinion... no better than 3rd place!  Certainly not better than Peachy, as long as Peachy can navigate the turns.  Hope you don't lose your money betting on Al!
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 05:47:22 AM »

Should be an interesting race.   If Al's Hammered races like he did last Friday, he has a great chance to repeat.  Too bad Marcus isn't driving.  He knows Al best.

Al has a little Karma going for him.  His dad (Droppin'thehammer) won the Abe Lincoln at Maywood at two and the following year became one of the faster 3YOs in history on a half  (1:52.1 I think). 

His grandma (Pacific Flight N) raced 10 times at Maywood and won 9 of them.  The fastest in 1:52.3 which was a world record for aged mares and an all age track record eclipsing the great Presidential Ball.  And for the record, if you bet on her each time she raced at Maywood, you'd have won all ten wagers because her entrymate (Columbia Nipper) won the lone race she lost.  She was second and certainly could have won if Joe wanted to.

So it is no surprise to me that Al gets around the track like an eel.  If you have access to replays, watch his last race.  Marcus NEVER asks him to pace a lick.  Under wraps the entire way.  Won by 6 and it coulda been 16 if he wanted to.

Not predictin', just sayin.'  trophy
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18:16 AM »

Should be an interesting race.   If Al's Hammered races like he did last Friday, he has a great chance to repeat.  Too bad Marcus isn't driving.  He knows Al best.

Al has a little Karma going for him.  His dad (Droppin'thehammer) won the Abe Lincoln at Maywood at two and the following year became one of the faster 3YOs in history on a half  (1:52.1 I think). 

His grandma (Pacific Flight N) raced 10 times at Maywood and won 9 of them.  The fastest in 1:52.3 which was a world record for aged mares and an all age track record eclipsing the great Presidential Ball.  And for the record, if you bet on her each time she raced at Maywood, you'd have won all ten wagers because her entrymate (Columbia Nipper) won the lone race she lost.  She was second and certainly could have won if Joe wanted to.

So it is no surprise to me that Al gets around the track like an eel.  If you have access to replays, watch his last race.  Marcus NEVER asks him to pace a lick.  Under wraps the entire way.  Won by 6 and it coulda been 16 if he wanted to.

Not predictin', just sayin.'  trophy
Bill, didn't you own Droppin'thehammer?
Nice horse.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 07:27:05 AM »

Don't they make the thing into a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy by naming the stake after a horse who's racing in 15 claimers at Chester?  Wink
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »

Bill, didn't you own Droppin'thehammer?
Nice horse.

I did, Burton.  And thanks.

OK, so I'm not totally unbiased.    Wink
burton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »

I did, Burton.  And thanks.

OK, so I'm not totally unbiased.    Wink
I would be too.
Great to see you posting.
keep em' coming.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

Don't they make the thing into a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy by naming the stake after a horse who's racing in 15 claimers at Chester?  Wink
Yes, A person could say that.
A more positive upbeat person might say it was named after an IL. bred 2 year old that won the Woodrow Wilson in 1:50 2/5.
Out front coasting easy making every pole a winning one.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

Yes, A person could say that.
A more positive upbeat person might say it was named after an IL. bred 2 year old that won the Woodrow Wilson in 1:50 2/5.
Out front coasting easy making every pole a winning one.
Touche!
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »

Facetious remark taken literally, yet again, despite the emoticon.

Amazing. I love it. 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »

Facetious remark taken literally, yet again, despite the emoticon.

Amazing. I love it. 
Touche!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: