Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 03:26:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You gotta get this laser therapy machine for $1,595.00 boy does ever work!  (Read 1650 times)
pacindel

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »

Every racing horseman ought have this in their barn.  A cold therapy laser.  I bought one 1 1/2 months ago and boy has it paid for itself. You can use it for anything from strains, sprains and broken bones.  Human or animal.  Very simple to operate.  Already preset and the only thing you operate is the buttons on the handle that regulate time.  30-60-90-seconds, goes off after time indicated, (all lights on) runs continually.  You will see a difference in a day. I swear.  I could not believe it.  Tendons, susp's, joints, broken bones.  It heals from 1/2 to 2/3 faster than normal healing.  I use mine everyday on several horses.  I keep it on 90 seconds intervals and it has a 2" laser head handle, where you can move along quickly.  I attached the internet sight if interested. Go on the internet - Horizon - Hill therapeutics and their is a picture with the below statements.  

Horizon Light Therapy Unit
 with Dual Infrared and Red Wavelengths
 by Hill Therapeutics
Starting at $1595
Lease at $54/mo

Powerful, Effective, Safe and Affordable...

The Horizon Infrared and Red Light Therapy unit delivers a powerful 800mW of infrared (880nm) and red (660nm) light with 36 infrared super luminous diodes and 7 visible red super luminous diodes. The treatment surface plate is roughly 2" in diameter. A dose of 4 J/cm2 takes a little over 90 seconds. The Horizon probe can be purchased as a plug-in to the new HF54 Hands Free Ultrasound or separate as a portable standalone.

The standalone Horizon was designed to be lightweight, durable and portable. The entire unit weighs 2lbs. 8oz. with the probe handle weighing only 8 ½ oz. This lightweight design eliminates operator fatigue and makes it easy to transport. The standalone power supply has two keyhole mounts on the backside of the enclosure enabling it to be mounted to a wall. Hill Laboratories also manufactures an inexpensive rolling cart for $85 or the unit can simply sit on a shelf.

Horizon Infrared Light Therapy Unit Features
•Dual Infrared and Red Wavelengths
•800mW of Power
•2" diameter probe
•Portable medical grade power supply
•Treatment sessions 30 to 180 second
•30mm to 40mm of infrared penetration
•FDA Cleared
•One-year warranty on all parts

Powerful...
 800mW Dosage - Every 90 Seconds = 4 Joule/cm2. Typical Treatment Sessions Are Between 30 and 180 Seconds, 2 - 4 Times a Week.
Effective...
 NASA exclusively uses light-emitting diodes (LEDs). “LEDs stimulate the basic energy processes in the mitochondria (energy compartments) of each cell. DNA synthesis in fibroblasts and muscle cells has been quintupled using LED light alone.” *2 “Evidence indicates that cells absorb photons and transform their energy into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy that cells utilize. The resulting ATP is then used to power metabolic processes; synthesize DNA, RNA, proteins, enzymes, and other products needed to repair or regenerate cell components; foster mitosis or cell proliferation; and restore homeostasis.” *3
LED vs. Laser (LLLT):
“The light source does not have to be a laser in order to have a therapeutic effect. It just has to be light of the right wavelength." *3

Safe...
 Light Therapy can safely be applied directly over the spinal cord, joint replacements, internal metal, and joint capsules in arthritic conditions. Muscle stimulation and ultrasound are contraindicated in these areas.
Depth of Penetration:
"Measured Spectroscopically, light photons at wavelengths between 630-800 nm travel 23 cm through the surface tissue and muscle." *1

These are images of a cell responding and actually moving towards an infrared light source.

The graph below shows that cells respond greatest to infrared wavelengths between 800nm and 900nm.

1. Chance, B., Nioka, S., Kent, J., McCully, K., Fountain, M., Greenfield, R., Holtom, G., “Time-Resolved Spectroscopy of Hemoglobin and Myoglobin in Resting and Ischemic Muscle,” Analytical Biochemistry 174, 698-707 (1988).

2.CP552, Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001, edited by M. S. El-Genk 0 2001 American Institute of Physics

3.Enwemeka, S. Chukuka, “Therapeutic Light,” Rehab Management January/February (2004)

Customer Testimonials

Horizon Infrared Light Therapy Unit$1595

Add a Horizon to the HF54 Ultrasound for just $995!

What would you like to do with your notebook?

Hill Therapeutics, A Division of Hill Laboratories Company | 3 N. Bacton Hill Road, Frazer, PA 19355 | Phone:             1-877-445-5020       | Fax: 610-647-6297

Back to the Top

Home | HF54 Hands-Free Ultrasound | Horizon Light Therapy | Horizon Mini Light Therapy | Aklarus PhotoTherapy | The Curve Restorer | Electro-Light™ Infrared Light

About Our Company | Contact Us | Finance & Leasing Options

Hill Laboratories Family of Products:
Chiropractic Tables | Medical Tables and Chairs | Physical Therapy Tables | Hill Therapeutic Equipment | Wound Care Chair | Dermatology Chair | Podiatry Chair | Traction and Massage Tables | Decompression Tables | Air Flexion Table | Automatic Flexion Table | McKenzie Technique Table | Mat Platform
Report to moderator   Logged
BabyFireFly

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »

And what's your cut of that?.....j/k.
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

No cut.  I thought about putting that in the last post, but I thought maybe somebody on here, would think that I posted it on here to actually help people!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pocono Girl

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »

Is this good for a horse with a sore back?
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »

Every racing horseman ought have this in their barn.  A cold therapy laser.  I bought one 1 1/2 months ago and boy has it paid for itself. You can use it for anything from strains, sprains and broken bones.  Human or animal.

I have heard good things about this therapy.  I imagine it would be good on claimers or horses that continually overexert themselves.  It is good that you found a reasonably affordable and mild form of wellness for your horses.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »

Will it work on horseplayers?
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »

This laser therapy unit was found by my Doctor friend in Pa.  I advised him of what I was looking for and he being in this line of work, hooked me up.  Well, let me tell ya, what a great piece of equipment.  You can use it for sore muscles anywhere, back, shoulders, hips, stifles etc.  You can use for anything.  Human or animal.   Human doctors use these machines for people who also have organ failure.  Such as kidney, liver, adrenals etc.  You just put the laser on your body, where the organ is and laser away.  This stimulate the organ to respond to its normal function.  I had this done when my adrenal glands began to fade a couple of years ago.  Brought them right back functioning w/o drugs.  You know, when you play sports like baseball, softball ect. and you strain your heal muscles - achilles, calf muscles, shins.  Put this on those areas a couple of times a day for a few days and boy, you will feel great.  They use these units in physical therapy and chiropractic sessions.

Speeds healing by 1/2 to 2/3 of the time as the normal process.

It is very reasonable priced for what all it can do.  You can use this unit as many times as you want and it will not do any damage. 

I use it once a day - at 90 second intervals on most anything I have.  Now on a extreme soreness such as tendons and susp's, use it twice a day, morning and evening. 

Think about all the money you spend on the vet and by using this, you will cut your vet by 3/4 and the unit will more than pay for itself.  The only thing you would be buying from a vet or his supplier is theraputic drugs, instead of the injecting.  You will be going longer between injections.

Why not spend your money on something like this, that you and your animal can have just as much benefit from, than spending money out the ass to the vets all the time.

Like I said, works on young and old, humans and animals.  Laser therapy, thats where its at.  And yes, even horseplayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink Wink Wink
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »

PACINDEL   any luck on a big knee...2yr filly popped a knee  and now i am tring like hell to get it down??
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »

Sure, try it.  Try sweating it down first with DMSO.  Get a nerf football.  Cut it in half, long way.  Dish out the inside. If I had a way to write it down on here, I'd show you.  Then put DSMO on the knee.  Put the nerf ball were you want to sweat the knee and wrap cellophane (handiwrap) around knee.  Leave on overnight.  Next morning, take off handiwrap and nerf football and knee should have come down.  Then, laser that puppy, where the swelling occurred.  Do that 2 or 3 times day, morning, noon and evening. Everyday for a week and then evaluate whether you need to continue or discontinue the sweating and reduce the laser treatment to 1-2 a day. 

I had a mare that hit her left inside knee with her right hoof.  It swelling like a softball. I did the above and she continued to race a couple weeks later and is still racing today.  The knee never gave her any problems. Had a small bump on the inside of the left knee, I'm assuming it calcified, but none the less, never gave her any problems.
fairguy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »

Paceindel you are so right.. had one last year really tore up his left rear leg, vet said off a year or forever, well we did all the sweating, stall rest, light walks down the shed row, my wife who loves new gagets had bought one sometime back and she said "give it a try" now shes a nurse and she swears by this thing but me I thought it was a bunch of crapola.... well what the hell did I have to lose so I started using it 5 days a week, well he made it back to the track in August last year, started him at Lexington and he was 2nd a head 1st start back, sent him up to Windsor over the winter and did ok, brought him back home and sold him. He was off 8 months but that better then a year or forever and he did hit the winners circle at Windsor... I felt like ET  playing with a si-fi toy when I was using it but made a believer out of me...     

Fairguy
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »

Yea, alot of people are old school, don't really like taking the time to try new things.  Then, there are the new age trainers that want to liquid train everything. Don't want to spend a few minutes with a injury to overall fix it, they want to shoot it up to get another race out of it, then break it down and throw it away.  Give me some them broken down reject race horses, instead of sending them to the Amish.  I will spend the time with them using the laser.  Very nice tool.
the master

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 06:03:03 AM »

would it be permitted on the racetrack?
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »

You can check into it at the track you go to.  I never thought I needed at the track, but good question.  To my knowledge, I haven't heard that you can't have it.  It is not in the same catagory with Shock wave machine, so why not!!!!!!!!!  Laser therapy heals the area, not numb it.
pacindel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »

I had a followup x-ray on my trotter that broke a left rear sesmoid two months ago.  Now, this was a horizontal clean break through the sesmoid, so wide you could drive a truck through it. 

After the break, I began a weekly shot (20 cc) of the horses blood plasma from its own artery and injected the fractured sight in and at several angles, flood the area of the injury.  Went from weekly to every couple weeks to once every 3 weeks in the past two months.  I did daily laser therapy treatments and after that, wrapped the rear legs with a ceramic boot, were all night. 

What I have been told by the manufacture of the laser unit, is that laser therapy heals anything at the rate 1/2 to 2/3 quicker than conventual methods. Usually takes a year for a sesmoid to heal, than its a 50 - 50 shot it would heal right.

Well, let me tell ya, I am so impressed.  The x-rayed showed that the break had almost completely healed.  It had healed 3/4 to almost together.  Just shy of 1/4 left to go.  I know the horse was feeling so much better because he was just having fits in his stall, pawing and pacing and rubbing, just bored to death.  I wanted to let him out in a small corral, but that why I had it x-rayed to see what the fracture looks like, well, what can I say, but it is alot further along than I thought it would be.  But, after much thought, his best interest is to stay in the stall until the rest of the bone is completely healed. 

I never thought this fracture would be this far along in just two months, but I knew the way the horse was acting, he was feeling really good and it wasn't bothering him in the slightest.  Even the vet stated she was impressed and what had I been doing to get it to look this good in comparison to the first x-ray that showed the break. 

Like I've said, don't count some of these horses out with todays technology, invest some time into some of the lame horses with laser therapy instead of discarding them or better yet if you don't want to deal with it, call me, I take them.  It's worth the shot to keep a good horse racing.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: