Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 31, 2014, 03:38:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meirs Hanover qualifies  (Read 1554 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »

I see he qualified at Gaitway on Monday.
Wonder if he'll have another before racing under the lights.
Eager to see how this one does against some good horses in the summer months.
Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »

wheres st elmo screwy screwy

may the horse be with you
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

The former 8 claimer? People say Freddyscooter can't race with the best but Elmo can?  laughing guy Put a driver on the horse and freddy can.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »

take freddy out of indiana and he falls on his face  besides go on bb name one horse that travels out of ind that is successful

Renton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »

Allthatgltrsisgold--another Indiana hero--went up to Canada and tried the free-for-allers in the Mohawk Gold. He was second over to WTW one second, and all alone, first over, the next. Last week he was gapped from beginning to end against a lightweight Open field at Mohawk.

Biding your time at the back, then blowing by the field down the stretch at Hoosier Park is one thing, doing that when WTW, Bettor Sweet, Foiled and company are in front of you is another story.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:57:16 PM by Renton » Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »

ditto   like i said

Date  Purse  Temp  Cd  Dist  Gait  1/4  1/2  3/4  Race Time  Time/LQ $Won 
 6/25/2011  $45,450  60  FT  1 Mile  Pace  26.3  55.0  1:22.1  1:49.1  1:51.2/27.4 $0 

C  F  MD  Track  Sz  Class  Post  1/4  1/2  3/4  Str  Fin Call Odds 
         Moh  7/8 Mile  OPEN   2   7/10Q  7/10Q  7/7  7/8  7/11H 25.85   

Finish Order Driver Name/Trainer Name 
 Art Professor, Fire On The Water, Kindly Poet, Ideal Race, Dalhousie Dave, Panesthetic, Allthatgltrsisgold Randall Waples / Robert Young 

Look up horse in Pathway 

burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »

Freddyscooter is a good Indiana bred. Nothing more.

Allthatglittersisgold is no FFA.

I think we'll find out the same with Meirs Hanover.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »

Put a driver on him and watch. Always goes a good mile unless he strings a few together and get's tossed out off the grounds. Horse has unlimited potential.  Would you be saying that about Elmo a  few months ago? screwy
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »

take freddy out of indiana and he falls on his face  besides go on bb name one horse that travels out of ind that is successful

Sam you know little. I remember Foxy Maneuver doing very well at the Meadowlands when Eash put Ledfraud up. I know Southwestern Dreamer was trained in Indiana with Shetler and not sure if he raced there before he went to Lexington and did very well. Didn't Saunders by a very good invitational horse from Shetler who won in Indiana and became a very good one EVERYWHERE? You should know the name because I do.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:26:39 PM by Laddybroke Ghettos » Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »

wow and they set the world on fire? not  ...foxy manuever won some big races! not .. and  southwest dreamer YOU ARE NOT SURE..... HUMA HUMA   what great horse did foxy beat
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:32:21 PM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

McElwyns Danger

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

Gee, I seem to remember this here supposed piece o'shit Allthatglttersisgold kicking the stuffing out of Whiskey Pete at the Meads during the winter in the Aquarius, and winning the final of the damned thing with a 25:4 kicker on a freezing night in February.

My, my.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »

Put a driver on him and watch. Always goes a good mile unless he strings a few together and get's tossed out off the grounds. Horse has unlimited potential.  Would you be saying that about Elmo a  few months ago? screwy
He's got a great brush but doesn't look like he could sustain that kind of speed as would be needed to compete against the best.
Not sure about Elmo.
It's a big leap for both horses.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

He's got a great brush but doesn't look like he could sustain that kind of speed as would be needed to compete against the best.
Not sure about Elmo.
It's a big leap for both horses.

Two answers: Elmo had a driver Freddy Never did and also paced a sub 1:5t0 with Hanners who is a OXY addict and average at best driver.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

I seem to recall Elmo being an Indiana-bred also...
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »

one race in winter racing does not exactly put indiana very sucessful   as a whole very few have sucess outside of there racing i should have clarified that by painting a broder brush

NIATROSS

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »

take freddy out of indiana and he falls on his face  besides go on bb name one horse that travels out of ind that is successful

Rambling Wilie was bred in Indiana.
Maymoral

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »

Two answers: Elmo had a driver Freddy Never did and also paced a sub 1:5t0 with Hanners who is a OXY addict and average at best driver.

Calling Smolin a "driver" is an overstatement.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

Check the PPs, Allthatgltters beat the bejesus out of Whiskey Pete on multiple occasions in that Aquarius series, and if you think Whiskey Pete's not an FFA, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Renton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 03:40:02 PM »

Adios was foaled at Two Gates Farm in Carmel, Indiana.

Dan Patch was foaled in Oxford, Indiana.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:46:06 PM by Renton » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »

Check the PPs, Allthatgltters beat the bejesus out of Whiskey Pete on multiple occasions in that Aquarius series, and if you think Whiskey Pete's not an FFA, I've got a bridge to sell you.
All I'm going on is how the horse raced in FFA and Open competition so far.
Not on an age restricted winter series.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »

Wasn't Misfit also an Indiana Bred Huh??
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »

Shit, Hambletonian was bred in Noo Yawk, and not in a particularly prestigious part thereof.

Some good things do come out of Indiana, John Cougar Mellencamp to the contrary.   Cheesy
Renton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

Last year Glitter was a much better colt than Whiskey Pete; he won $423,000 in 21 starts, while Pete won $91,000 in 23 starts. Glitter won a $97,000 pace at Mohawk, which I believe was the NA Cup Consolation Pace; He came third in the NJ Classic: he was second in the Hoosier Cup; and he won the $250,000 Monument Circle. He raced about a dozen times in Indiana in 2010.

He did win three legs of the Aquarius and the Final at Mi in January and February, beating Pete in three of those races. The difference is that Pete went on a gradual but definite upward trajectory from there, to the point where heís earned $245,000 in 2011, on 9 wins and 18 board finishes in 21 starts. Heís done very well against top Open pacers, and is one of the toughest horses on the circuit. He can come first over at the half and grind good horses into dust.

Glitter, on the other hand, didnít build on his success in the Aquarius series. The Final was February 19, and his next start was April 5 at Hoosier Park. He won 4 Invitationals at Hoosier, got outclassed in the Dan Patch, then lost an Open at HP. Thatís when he was sent to Mohawk for the Gold and the Open, performing badly in both. Glitter has 7 2011 wins in 12 starts for $137,000. While he was crushing the locals, as the odds on choice, in those Invitationals, Pete was proving himself against some of the best pacers on the circuit.

The week after the Aquarius ended, Pete started racing in 4-year-old Prefereds at M1, going up against horses like Art Professor, Foreign Officer and Europan Union. He then won an Open at Chester, and another at Pocono. He beat Foiled and Vintage Master in a $70,000 Open at Chester, and last week beat Dial, Macraider and Silent Swing in a $70,000 Open at Chester.

I realize that the point you were making is that Glitter must be pretty good if he can beat Pete three times in the Aquarius, but the point Iím making is that Pete was managed to succeed anywhere, against any horse, while Glitter was managed for easy money in Indiana, and now that heís been thrown to the wolves, heís paying a price for that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:52:35 PM by Renton » Report to moderator   Logged
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

I also had the strange notion that he beat I Am Bonasera out there in baketball-land last year... at last glance, I Am Bonasera was seen beating the best the Meads had to offer.  I realize this is a somewhat scaled-down Meadowlands, but still... ya beat I Am Bonasera, you are doing something other than just making easy money... capisce?
Renton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »

I also had the strange notion that he beat I Am Bonasera out there in baketball-land last year... at last glance, I Am Bonasera was seen beating the best the Meads had to offer.  I realize this is a somewhat scaled-down Meadowlands, but still... ya beat I Am Bonasera, you are doing something other than just making easy money... capisce?

I think Glitter beat I Am Bonasera twice and finished ahead of him once, and I A B beat him once.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: