Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 07:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RECALL ON ALL FRAUDULENT HORSEMANS COMP. INSURANCE POLICIES  (Read 14366 times)
HORSEY

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:30:34 PM »

ATTENTION ALL HORSEMEN

Editor's note: If any horsemen have questions about insurance policies, please call Maywood Park.  HRB Insurance is not involved in any workman's comp policies.

The original news story can be found here:

http://www.nwherald.com/CommunitySection/other/373701288659974.php

The following facts were discovered today about Tom Wendt and his insurance fraud. There were a total of 19 horsemen that were sold workman’s compensation policies by Tom Wendt, so far one has been confirmed as fradulent. If you purchased any insurance from Tom, the policies should be gone over with a fine tooth comb. HRB Insurance Agency owner, Jim Hamilton in May of 2003, terminated Tom Wendt. Unbeknownst to Hamilton, Tom Wendt continued selling fraudulent policies under the HRB name, using their logo and stationary to defraud horsemen into thinking they had workman’s compensation coverage, when in fact the only thing they had was an altered policy from a previous customer. Hamilton had to threaten to file a lawsuit against Wendt in an attempt to get him to cease and desist from using the HRB name. Tom Wendt is currently under investigation by the State of Illinois Department of Insurance and Attorney General’s Office. His license to sell insurance or remain active in any facet of the insurance industry has been suspended indefinitely. Any claims or questions you might have can be directed to:

HRB Insurance Agency                                Illinois Department of Insurance
1901 E. 31st. Street                                   100 W. Randolph Street
LaGrange Park, IL. 60431                            Chicago, IL. 60601
                                                                (312) 814-2427

The Racing Board is checking on all policies that were written by Wendt and it appears as if he is excluded from the grounds of racetracks and wagering facilities under the jurisdiction of the state of Illinois. If any horseman has a claim to file or any questions regarding their coverage, please contact Chris Ezzo at Maywood Park. Since this story broke, Tom Wendt has vanished and remains unavailable for comment. He has not returned any phone calls and did not show up for his hearing in front of the Illinois Department of Insurance forcing them to revoke his license permanently. Wendt's residence in Harvard has been place up for sale and facing  possible foreclosure. If anyone has any information about this matter or feels they might have purchased a fraudulent policy from Tom Wendt, please call the Illinois Department of Insurance. If you see Tom Wendt at any of the OTB locations or racetrack, please alert security at once because he is excluded and denied any priveledges from every track or otb parlor under the rules of the Illinois racing baord. Let's make sure this FRAUD is captured and prosecuted.

Sincerely,
Mr. Self-righteous
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 02:06:21 PM by HORSEY » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:34:56 PM »

ATTENTION ALL HORSEMEN

The following facts were discovered today about Tom Wendt and his insurance fraud. There were a total of 19 horsemen that were sold fraudulent workman’s compensation policies by Tom Wendt. If you purchased any insurance from Tom, the policy is most likely a fraud and worthless. HRB Insurance Agency owner, Jim Hamilton in March of 2001, terminated Tom Wendt. Unbeknownst to Hamilton, Tom Wendt continued selling fraudulent policies under the HRB name, using their logo and stationary to defraud horsemen into thinking they had workman’s compensation coverage, when in fact the only thing they had was an altered policy from a previous customer. Hamilton had to threaten to file a lawsuit against Wendt in an attempt to get him to cease and desist from using the HRB name. Tom Wendt is currently under federal investigation by the Illinois Department of Insurance and Attorney General’s Office. His license to sell insurance or remain active in any facet of the insurance industry has been suspended indefinitely. HRB owner, Jim Hamilton asks all horsemen who may have purchased any type of insurance from Tom Wendt, to please come forward and let him know. You may write or call him at:

Jim Hamilton
c/o HRB Insurance Agency
1901 E. 31st Street
LaGrange Park, IL. 60431
708-354-2060

The Racing Board is checking on all policies that were written by Wendt and he is excluded from the grounds of racetracks and wagering facilities under the jurisdiction of the state of Illinois. If any horseman has a claim to file or any questions regarding their coverage, please contact Chris Ezzo at either Maywood or Balmoral Parks. Since this story broke, Tom Wendt has vanished and unavailable for comment. His phone number is no longer in service and his residence in Harvard is up for sale and facing  possible foreclosure. If anyone has any information about this matter or feels they purchased a fraudulent policy from Tom Wendt, please call the Illinois Department of Insurance. If you see Tom Wendt at any of the OTB locations or racetrack, please alert security at once.

Sincerely,
Mr. Self-righteous

There's definitely BULLSHIT in here.  This post should be taken down immediately.

There's nothing wrong with horsemen checking on their policies, but much of the personal information in here is total crap -- and I know this for a fact.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 03:40:01 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

All of the information that is posted is indeed factual and can be verified by calling Mr. Hamilton at HRB Insurance at 708-354-2060 or the Illinois Department of Insurance, Investigative Unit. Mr. Wendt is facing Federal investigation by the DOI and Ag's office. This information can be easily verifed.

Mr. Self-righteous
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 03:47:30 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

All of the information that is posted is indeed factual and can be verified by calling Mr. Hamilton at HRB Insurance at 708-354-2060 or the Illinois Department of Insurance, Investigative Unit. Mr. Wendt is facing Federal investigation by the DOI and Ag's office. This information can be easily verifed.

Mr. Self-righteous

I JUST talked to him ON his home number, so you'll have to work on that.

Considering this false information, I wouldn't be surprised if more existed.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 03:48:55 PM »

This post sounds like it is hard and TRUE facts and should not be taken down. It involves HARNESS RACING and the sale of bad Comp policies.  

Now were talking harness racing and who the REAL cheaters are don't you think Joe B and Burton and Richard Breth.
HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 03:52:46 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

If you just talked with him on his home phone number, then possibly you could come forward and provide his number to HRB Insurance Agency, the DOI, and the Northwest Times newspaper because they have some questions they would like to ask Mr. Wendt. Do the right thing and privately email these agencies with Wendt's number.

Mr. Self-righteous
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 03:57:25 PM »

Horsey
             Don't worry if your post comes down it will be because Wendt put a call into Janine crying and screaming at her to take it down.

If the post is true and I believe it is I don't think Janine will take it down because it involves harness racing and bad comp policies sold to horseman.

I would suggest you call or PM Janine and tell her youself about your post before Tom trys calling her.

Good investigative work.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 03:59:46 PM »

If the post is true

That's a pretty big IF, considering the very personal nature of this, Dan.

YOU should understand the proliferation of bullshit more than anyone.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 04:03:56 PM »

That's a pretty big IF, considering the very personal nature of this, Dan.

YOU should understand the proliferation of bullshit more than anyone.

Best,
EW

Edward

I don't think that Horsey would make statements like this and post Hamilton's name and number and address unless he talked to the man himself.
HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »

Sir,

No need to worry as I am sure the site moderator can easily verify any information that was posted. I was informed by HRB Agency owner, Jim Hamilton that Wendt's number was disconnected because Wendt has caused them a loss of business and they want it stopped. Maywood Park racing officials are now becoming involved because several horsemen have paid Wendt for their workman's compensation insurance and are not covered. Tom Wendt is denied access from any track or otb under the rules of the racing board pending further notice.

Who is the Edward William man, is he Tom Wendt posting under a different name or one of his associates? Please advise.

Mr. Self-righteous
Richard Breth

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »

Now were talking harness racing and who the REAL cheaters are don't you think Joe B and Burton and Richard Breth.

I can not speak for Joe B or Burton but my distaste to wager on Illinois harness racing is totaly due to cheating by horsemen. The trouble you and Joe D had with management and who has valid insurance policys does not effect the decision. Horsemen and there cheating ruined racing for me nothing else. Since you joined the stupidity of horsemen has turned me off to. A new name comes on the forum to post the "facts" above and you who have a conspiracy theory about everything else declare it hard and true fact that you believe. If you and Joe represent the breed of horsemen we should not wager money to make people like you a living.
Richard Breth

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 04:07:21 PM »

I don't think that Horsey would make statements like this and post Hamilton's name and number and address unless he talked to the man himself.

You dummy all that info. was in another subject. What the standard forum troll of many names did was create a post from previous posted info the same as he always does. Only new info was the "fact" that 19 policys are bad. If that is a "fact" at all.
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 04:08:06 PM »

I can not speak for Joe B or Burton but my distaste to wager on Illinois harness racing is totaly due to cheating by horsemen. The trouble you and Joe D had with management and who has valid insurance policys does not effect the decision. Horsemen and there cheating ruined racing for me nothing else. Since you joined the stupidity of horsemen has turned me off to. A new name comes on the forum to post the "facts" above and you who have a conspiracy theory about everything else declare it hard and true fact that you believe. If you and Joe represent the breed of horsemen we should not wager money to make people like you a living.

Don't try and turn this topic into a Dan nance and Joe D. topic. This topic is about Tom and bad comp policies. Stay on topic or get lost.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 04:09:01 PM »

Sir,

No need to worry as I am sure the site moderator can easily verify any information that was posted. I was informed by HRB Agency owner, Jim Hamilton that Wendt's number was disconnected because Wendt has caused them a loss of business and they want it stopped. Maywood Park racing officials are now becoming involved because several horsemen have paid Wendt for their workman's compensation insurance and are not covered. Tom Wendt is denied access from any track or otb under the rules of the racing board pending further notice.

Who is the Edward William man, is he Tom Wendt posting under a different name or one of his associates? Please advise.

Mr. Self-righteous

I'm not an associate in any way.  Several people on the board, and others around the track know who I am.

However, there are certain parts of the story that are being left out, and there's reasons that Mr. Hamilton may not be the best information source.

As far as the horsemen policies, if any of them are -- in fact -- false, I will eat my crow.  The DOI investigated him, and I'm sure they would've noted this fact if any were in fact false.

Besides what I've said here, I don't want to get too much involved.

Best,
EW

HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 04:09:29 PM »

Sir,

How many names does this Tom Wendt fellow have? First there was Edward William, Joe B, and Burton. Now comes Richard Breth, how many Tom Wendt's are there? I hope not too many because the state of Illinois cannot afford more frauds, especially the Department of Insurance.

Mr. Self-righteous
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 04:10:51 PM »

You dummy all that info. was in another subject. What the standard forum troll of many names did was create a post from previous posted info the same as he always does. Only new info was the "fact" that 19 policys are bad. If that is a "fact" at all.

I'm glad you're on topic now. I don't recall anyone posting the name and number and address of HAMILTON. Besides, the old forum posts were lost so how would anyone remember what was posted?

HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 04:13:45 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

Why wouldn't Jim Hamilton be a good source for information? Didn't Mr. Wendt work at his HRB Insurance Agency? Who better to speak with than Mr. Hamilton? Why would he lie? What does he have to gain? You say you really don't want to get involved, well guess what, you are involved when you stick up for a fraud. Are you the real Tom Wendt, yes or no?

Mr. Self-righteous
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 04:14:33 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

Why wouldn't Jim Hamilton be a good source for information? Didn't Mr. Wendt work at his HRB Insurance Agency? Who better to speak with than Mr. Hamilton? Why would he lie? What does he have to gain? You say you really don't want to get involved, well guess what, you are involved when you stick up for a fraud. Are you the real Tom Wendt, yes or no?

Mr. Self-righteous

I'm obviously not Tom, you dolt.  People KNOW WHO I AM.

Best,
EW

Richard Breth

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »

I'm glad you're on topic now. I don't recall anyone posting the name and number and address of HAMILTON. Besides, the old forum posts were lost so how would anyone remember what was posted? 

Dummy go read the Illinois State Fair subject from today. It is in there. You posted it! Are you the troll Horsey yourself?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 04:16:02 PM »

Mr. Edward William,

Mr. Self-righteous

I'm not "sticking up" for anyone.  But, it's BS to pile on someone, and potentially ruin their career with misinformation.  Of all people, Dan should definitely not be here egging this crap on.

Best,
EW

mr.maywood

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 04:17:03 PM »

HORSEY IS REALLY JOE DAKURAS
HORSEY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 04:17:11 PM »

Sir,

How many names does this Tom Wendt fellow have? First there was Edward William, Joe B, and Burton. Now comes Richard Breth, how many Tom Wendt's are there? I hope not too many because the state of Illinois cannot afford more frauds, especially the Department of Insurance.

Mr. Self-righteous
Armonsol

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 04:17:34 PM »

Pretty soon Tom's computer will also be disconnected. Hence, the number of attacks on SN DN etc. will abate.  Tom is dying the death.
swoodall

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 04:23:09 PM »

EW

This is my first post under the new format.  What the hell is going on?  I'm trying to catch up on the other posts on here but there is obviously something that happened under the old format that I missed!  Seriously,  I have missed some major events on here due to my son being hospitalized.  He was kicked in the head playing in a soccer tournament and had a seizure and it was very scary.  He didn't know who he was and kept repeating big, big, big over and over again.  He's ok now but I've not had time to keep up with BTW.  Please pm me and let me know what's up,  if you have time?  Congrats on the pick six hit if it was really you!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2005, 04:23:48 PM »

Dummy go read the Illinois State Fair subject from today. It is in there. You posted it! Are you the troll Horsey yourself?

Dummy, I said nothing was mentioned about any Hamilton on the old forum. I recieved a PM from someone is Chicago and they told me about the Hamilton guy, that's why I memtioned his name and said I would not post what I was told.

No dummy I'm not a troll and I don't know about Tom's insurance fraud 1900 miles away. I only know the info I'm feed from back in Chicago. My OPINION is that it sounds very reliable to me.

You my friend are the troll posting under a phony name and you popup everytime Tom needs a backer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: