Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 07:41:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is dutrow all done?  (Read 3248 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »

Funny thing about Ricky - as much of a 'whatever' he is.........it's easy to like the guy on a personal level....even if he's broke......
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »

And you believe that -- based on the U.S. Congress' track record of following through and doing the right thing -- horse racing SHOULD be afraid of Federal intervention?  

I believe that they ARE, based on their reaction to things like recent legislation, and statements in the press.

Of course you don't. How could you? It fits with the "blinded by biased rationalization" thing I mentioned earlier.

I have written nothing at all to indicate that I hate Dutrow, or am jealous of him, or anything else someone might want to accuse me of, because I'm not. I really do not understand a thing you are talking about with this "hate him so bad you're blinded/biased" line of argument. Where did that come from? Did you just make it up? Are you addressing someone else?
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »

I believe that they ARE, based on their reaction to things like recent legislation, and statements in the press.

What sort of reaction ? 

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »

What sort of reaction ? 

The reactions they had after the congressional hearings a few years ago.
The reactions that they've expressed in various meetings and conferences the past few years.
The reactions to the latest law proposed by Udall et al.

They're scared to death of Federal regulation and trying to get out front of it.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »

The reactions they had after the congressional hearings a few years ago.
The reactions that they've expressed in various meetings and conferences the past few years.
The reactions to the latest law proposed by Udall et al.

They're scared to death of Federal regulation and trying to get out front of it.

Is that the reaction?    "scared  to death".   who is scared to death ?    

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:24 PM »

Is that the reaction?    "scared  to death".   who is scared to death ?    

You look up and read the stories yourself and come to your own conclusions. That's my opinion.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 06:20:29 AM »

You look up and read the stories yourself and come to your own conclusions. That's my opinion.

So far, my conclusion is -  something about Richard Dutrow Jr. has them "scared to death."
But it's not a criminal investigation.

Does Rick cheat ?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:52:32 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

NIATROSS

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 08:11:23 AM »

So far, my conclusion is -  something about Richard Dutrow Jr. has them "scared to death."
But it's not a criminal investigation.

Does Rick cheat ?

Yes he does.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:56 AM »

Yes he does.

Well, if YOU know he cheats, call the FBI.  call the State police.  Don't be chicken.

let us know what they say.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:32:55 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

NIATROSS

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »

Well, if YOU know he cheats, call the FBI.  call the State police.  Don't be chicken.

let us know what they say.

Is knowingly breaking the rules cheating ?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »

No, the threat of Federal regulation and Federal laws, such as the currently proposed one against all race day drugs, that might also re-open the discussion of racing's monopoly on legal Internet gambling, has them scared to death.

The hearings a few years back, prominently featuring Dutrow and Big Brown and steroids as a backdrop scared them so much they finally banned steroids. That, apparently, was not enough to placate the Feds (specifically the Congressman from Kentucky), however, as they've continued down this path of intervening in horse racing. So now the powers of racing are taking more steps to get out front of that, by putting on show of getting rid of the medications/rules recidivists, like Dutrow. That's my take on it.

It is guys like Dutrow (and Asmussen, and Mullins, etc.), always in the news with various medications violations, that give racing one of its worst public black eyes. The general public, and many racing fans, doesn't know one drug from another - they just see race horses getting pumped chock full 'o drugs, and guys being bustd for it, so it has got to be illegal drugs, right? The Congressmen see what the public sees, or react to their public. It really doesn't matter if Dutrow is mentally incapable of keeping his barn clean and out of the news, or just doesn't care about the rules (my belief), it still looks bad on the pages of the NY Times. So, if he can't follow the rules, should he retain a trainer's license? He's been given umpteen chances. Some regulators have apparently had enough of his antics.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »

No, the threat of Federal regulation and Federal laws, such as the currently proposed one against all race day drugs, that might also re-open the discussion of racing's monopoly on legal Internet gambling, has them scared to death.

The hearings a few years back, prominently featuring Dutrow and Big Brown and steroids as a backdrop scared them so much they finally banned steroids. That, apparently, was not enough to placate the Feds (specifically the Congressman from Kentucky), however, as they've continued down this path of intervening in horse racing. So now the powers of racing are taking more steps to get out front of that, by putting on show of getting rid of the medications/rules recidivists, like Dutrow. That's my take on it.

It is guys like Dutrow (and Asmussen, and Mullins, etc.), always in the news with various medications violations, that give racing one of its worst public black eyes. The general public, and many racing fans, doesn't know one drug from another - they just see race horses getting pumped chock full 'o drugs, and guys being bustd for it, so it has got to be illegal drugs, right? The Congressmen see what the public sees, or react to their public. It really doesn't matter if Dutrow is mentally incapable of keeping his barn clean and out of the news, or just doesn't care about the rules (my belief), it still looks bad on the pages of the NY Times. So, if he can't follow the rules, should he retain a trainer's license? He's been given umpteen chances. Some regulators have apparently had enough of his antics.

Let me get this straight.  

Rather than have the feds step in , suits from kentucky are selectively prosecuting, hunting, if you will   Richard Dutrow Jr. for being a lousy barn manager.

Or, are they going after Rich, with a lifetime suspension, for keeping horses fit, diagnosing problems early, and getting horse ready to race?

I don't get it.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:33:53 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

NIATROSS

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »

Yes I must admit Big Brown's race in the Belmont was the epitome of what getting a horse ready to run is. doh doh doh
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »

Let me get this straight.  

Rather than have the feds step in , suits from kentucky are selectively prosecuting, hunting, if you will   Richard Dutrow Jr. for being a lousy barn manager.

It's his contention he's just a lousy barn manager. The regulators may see it in a different light, after dealing with him and his transgressions all these years. It is my personal belief they are going after him, as a (possibly only the first) bad apple to kick out of racing to prove to the Feds they are doing something about the drug problem, by getting rid of the recidivists who constantly get drug positives. That is my opinion.

Or, are they going after Rich, with a lifetime suspension, for keeping horses fit, diagnosing problems early, and getting horse ready to race?

I doubt that sincerely, and am not going to waste time debating such a claim. You, however, are entitled to hold whatever opinion you like.
Horse Voice

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »

Yes I must admit Big Brown's race in the Belmont was the epitome of what getting a horse ready to run is. doh doh doh

The colt threw a shoe and lost a chunk of hoof in the Belmont. Nothing any trainer can do about that.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

I ... am not going to waste time debating such a claim.

Yes, that's why this is a witch hunt. 

Anything more you want to add?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:29:29 PM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »

The colt threw a shoe and lost a chunk of hoof in the Belmont. Nothing any trainer can do about that.

The blacksmith is a cheat!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: