Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 08:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Goldy! Amazing even in defeat...  (Read 1311 times)
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 04:21:03 AM »

Doesn't change how wrong you were with your first statement, but then again that's nothing new.
Report to moderator   Logged
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:03 AM »

Doesn't change how wrong you were with your first statement, but then again that's nothing new.

Last five years of the big BC turf races (Mile, Turf, F & M Turf) Euros have won 10 of 15 races. I'll stand by my original statement.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 08:10:56 AM »

Last five years of the big BC turf races (Mile, Turf, F & M Turf) Euros have won 10 of 15 races. I'll stand by my original statement.

And you'll be very wrong as usual.  Your statement answered my statement of the Americans struggling to hit the board this year.  You followed with "how is that different from ANY other year."  Winning the race is certainly not struggling to hit the board.  Kip Deville, Artie Schiller and Singeltary won the race in 3 of 4 runnings between 2004 and 2007 so that is hardly struggling to hit the board.

You see after my post about Canford Cliffs you couldn't let go of the anger and how much I got under your skin so you had to try and post something to get at me.  You've taken several schoolyard whoopings for me and just come back for more, I don't mind it.

The last three years Goldikova's dominance is unprecedented as she has been and still is one of the all time greats in the sport.  I was wondering whether or not Canford Cliffs has moved past her as king of that division.  Put those two with Frankel and we may have the makings of one of the greatest BC races run in the last 10 years if all three make it there healthy.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »

You've taken several schoolyard whoopings for me

And i was glad to take them for you, too, as tight as we've been through the years. What's a whooping between friends? Unless its whooping cough.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:20 AM »

And i was glad to take them for you, too, as tight as we've been through the years. What's a whooping between friends? Unless its whooping cough.

I publicly call for a truce, I'm sure the rest of the forum does not want to read this stuff.  I respect the fact that you have not one single user on ignore as I feel it's foolish to not listen to all opinions as we may learn something.

We do seem to enjoy the sport and my offer of a lemonade is legit and will be happy to buy one for you when you come to NYRA or Monmouth.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »

I respect the fact that you have not one single user on ignore as I feel it's foolish to not listen to all opinions as we may learn something.

Gosh, yesterday I was the person who couldn't stand to hear ideas different than his own. Today I'm Mr. Rogers.

Yes, my initial reply to your statement about Americans having trouble hitting the board in this year's BC Mile was ill considered. You were right - obviously, if more than one decent Euro comes, the third-raters we send out here will have trouble filling out the placings.

On that note, I am filing an Ascot recap with bullet news item on Canford Cliffs now strongly considered for BC Mile. See you all in L'ville for the showdown.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »

Gosh, yesterday I was the person who couldn't stand to hear ideas different than his own. Today I'm Mr. Rogers.

Yes, my initial reply to your statement about Americans having trouble hitting the board in this year's BC Mile was ill considered. You were right - obviously, if more than one decent Euro comes, the third-raters we send out here will have trouble filling out the placings.

On that note, I am filing an Ascot recap with bullet news item on Canford Cliffs now strongly considered for BC Mile. See you all in L'ville for the showdown.

I don't know you at all so it's tough for me to say anything regarding Mr. Rogers or anyone else.  I just think it's best to talk horses and respect each others opinions since I have yet to read anything outlandish regarding racing from you.  Others on here whom I respect have no issue with you so neither should I.

Will a lemonade suffice to seal the truce?  I don't really drink but the lemonade at Saratoga is second to none.

Here's hoping all three Euro horses stay healthy and we see them at CD for the BC.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »

I don't really drink but the lemonade at Saratoga is second to none.

Hoping to get to Saratoga for a week of "work."

I will attempt to be more respectful, as well.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »

Hoping to get to Saratoga for a week of "work."

I will attempt to be more respectful, as well.

Here's hoping you get there.  It's never "work" at Saratoga.  Send a PM if you make it.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »

Wow.....I have been gone from here awhile.....nice to see its just like coming home..... maroon

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »

Wow.....I have been gone from here awhile.....nice to see its just like coming home..... maroon
                                                              horse
  Good to see you AM......Long time no see! Smiley
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 04:26:03 AM »

They slugged it out. I wonder what their Timeforms will be.

RPR's are 130 Canford Cliffs, 126 Goldikova

Highest for Goldi in quite a while.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: