Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 04:55:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DAN PATCH FIELD ALMOST SET  (Read 1642 times)
off stride

« on: April 19, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

Dan Patch field almost set
April 19, 2006

The $200,000 Dan Patch Invitational is set for Saturday night, April 29, and Hoosier Park race secretary Kevin Mack has already invited nine horses to compete in the event.

Those already invited include defending champ Maltese Artist, Hop Sing, Team Hutch, Casimir Camotion, Prime Time Bobcat, Tigerama, Escape The Wind, Mypanmar and Rebelman.

Last year Maltese Artist won the race with a decisive 1:49.4 victory. On that same card Mypanmar rallied to edge Art’s Chip at the wire in the $25,000 Gregg Haston Memorial.

Rebelman will be the local favorite for the Dan Patch. He has won two consecutive Hoosier Park invitationals, scoring April 15 with a 1:50.3 effort for trainer Steve Brannan, who also bred and owns the 5-year-old gelding by Electric Yankee.

Mack said a field of 10 will contest the Dan Patch, so one more invitation will be extended. Among the horses being considered is He Wants It All, who captured the Isle of Capri Pace at Pompano Park earlier this year. He Wants It All is in-to-go Saturday night at Balmoral Park, which will be his first start in 28 days for trainer Tom Harmer.

From Harnessracing.com

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:12:25 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:39:56 PM »

Dan Patch field almost set
April 19, 2006

The $200,000 Dan Patch Invitational is set for Saturday night, April 29, and Hoosier Park race secretary Kevin Mack has already invited nine horses to compete in the event.

Those already invited include defending champ Maltese Artist, Hop Sing, Team Hutch, Casimir Camotion, Prime Time Bobcat, Tigerama, Escape The Wind, Mypanmar and Rebelman.

Last year Maltese Artist won the race with a decisive 1:49.4 victory. On that same card Mypanmar rallied to edge Art’s Chip at the wire in the $25,000 Gregg Haston Memorial.

Rebelman will be the local favorite for the Dan Patch. He has won two consecutive Hoosier Park invitationals, scoring April 15 with a 1:50.3 effort for trainer Steve Brannan, who also bred and owns the 5-year-old gelding by Electric Yankee.

Mack said a field of 10 will contest the Dan Patch, so one more invitation will be extended. Among the horses being considered is He Wants It All, who captured the Isle of Capri Pace at Pompano Park earlier this year. He Wants It All is in-to-go Saturday night at Balmoral Park, which will be his first start in 28 days for trainer Tom Harmer.

From Harnessracing.com

There's a whole lot of Indiana in that race.  I really thought they could put a slightly better field together with that kind of $$.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
off stride

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »

when you take the ledfraud horses out of the mix that race is a whos who of the best going today..only rebelman is really an indiana horse with many coming from canada, the big m, illinois..last years buckeye wolverine winner prime time bobcat,tigerama, and escape the wind are from canada.. hop sing, my pan mar, maltese artist, and casimir connection are from new jersey..team hutch and he wants it all are from illinois, that is a great field...
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »

I would like to see Loyal Opposition in that field.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:21:39 PM »

I would like to see Loyal Opposition in that field.

Why let her get beat 5-10 lengths when she can race against the girls?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »

Why let her get beat 5-10 lengths when she can race against the girls?

Best,
EW

I personally think that if she is at the top of her game she could be competitive.  So....a 200k purse would be a good reason.  She has a mark of 1:48.4 don't forget.  Additionally, I think it would be a good marketing ploy by Hoosier to advertise a girl against the boys.

I would like to add that Maltese Artist is not the horse he was last year at this time, He Wants It All is coming of a month lay off, and Team Hutch off a several month layoff....who knows!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:38:06 PM by RDUKE » Report to moderator   Logged
Imfaster

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 06:33:36 PM »

Sounds like an awesome field.....I hope He Wants IT All..goes for it all and gets that last invitation.
MC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 09:50:08 PM »

DON'T WORRY HOMER WILL HAVE HIS PRE-RACE READY FOR THESE RACES!
DawgPound

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:37 PM »

If the connections of Hop Sing bring him to this race, this field won't beat him
off stride

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 10:20:36 AM »

team hutch showed that in no way is he ready to take on the free for all crowd as he he finished last in the field in last nights prep for next weeks dan patch .. he should forfeit his invitation .. and hopefully they will invite foxy manuever in his place .. a great race from the veteran indiana performer deserves him a spot in the big race
off stride

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 08:36:53 AM »

Below is the potential field in alphabetical order for Saturday's $200,000 Dan Patch Invitational at Hoosier Park. Listed drivers and trainers are from most recent races.

Horse 2006 Record Driver Trainer Owner(s) or Lessees
Casimir Camotion 9-2-3-2 $80,051 1:49.3M G. Brennan B. Saunders M&M Harness Racing
Escape The Wind 10-3-1-3 $89,523 1:49.0S R. Mayotte R. Mayotte Venture 2000 Stable, Early Bird Stables
Hop Sing 11-6-2-1 $253,400 1:48.3M R. Pierce E. Annunziata R. Annunziata
Maltese Artist 3-1-1-0 $10,090 1:54.0F M. Wilder M. Burke G. Leon, J. Howard, J. Koran
Mypanmar 10-2-2-2 $69,884 1:50.2M R. Macomber V. Morgan Jr. Peter Pan Stables
Primetime Bobcat 12-7-2-1 $163,451 1:49.4S J. Jamieson A. Montini W. & J. Rogers, A. Montini, B. Michele
Rebelman 3-2-0-1 $25,760 1:50.3S J. Essig Jr. S. Brannan S. Brannan
Spirit Of A Shark 9-4-3-1 $83,700 1:48.4M W. Haynes Jr. L. Pence C. & H. Siegel, L. Wasserman, J. Fodera
Team Hutch 1-0-0-0 $0,000 Q1:55.0M H.Hochstetler H.Hochstetler J. & B.N. Hutchison Jr.
Tigerama 14-4-5-3 $178,139 1:50.3S M.MacDonald R. Griffiths R. Hamather

BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »

was hoping to see royollcot in that race lol

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
Imfaster

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 09:35:29 AM »

They should put the indiana sired horse Foxy Manuever in the race!!!!!
off stride

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »

team hutch should not be in the field, foxy or he wants it all should be there instead, but that is a blame for hoosier track mngmt. not homer and company.. team hutch probably is not ready to go 1.51 or better off 1 qually and 1 poor race .. wish hutch well for ill fans
casemania

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 11:28:31 AM »

after last weeks performances, he wants it all and maltese artist look like should be in for a tag somewhere!! esp maltese artist!! both horses were disgraceful!!! rat if hop sing and/or casimir camotion ship in everybody is racing for third AT BEST!!!!!! dollar
shuffledagain

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »

Very nice field.  Draw will be very important.  Lots of speed.

If he draws well, I know who my money is on.

Last in 24.2, "something ain't right with that!"
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »

Well it looks like they dropped Team Hutch and added Foxy Manuever, which IMO was a good one. Although I would of liked to see He Wants It All in there. O well there are always outsiders looking in. Go to Hoosierpark.com for all the entrants.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
Mike Bozich

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 12:26:30 AM »

PrimeTime Bobcat Baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Imfaster

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »

I think the race will be between Hop Sing and Casimir Camotion
casemania

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »

if georgie goes out to drive casimir (which he prob. wont) they are already making the winners circle pic for him! just gotta take the pic now!!! Wink
Imfaster

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »

I hope your right casemania.....I hope Georgie comes to drive and I hope he wins.  How fast do you think they will go? My guess 1:49.3 or faster
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 11:36:57 AM »

I think the field could be tougher...im glad Foxy Manuever was added.  I would also like to see He Wants It All, im sure he would be tighter.  How does everybody think Jenna's Choice would fit?
NorthWest

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 02:10:07 PM »

I think the field could be tougher...im glad Foxy Manuever was added.  I would also like to see He Wants It All, im sure he would be tighter.  How does everybody think Jenna's Choice would fit?

He Wants It All...Nooooo

Dead last in last years Patch and with his recent lackluster 4th at Balmoral.  I would rather see Foxy.
off stride

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »

THE DAN PATCH FIELD

Foxy Maneuver has drawn post position one for the Dan Patch Invitational. Other horses included in the race, in post position order with driver are as follows: Casimir Camotion (George Brennan), Rebelman (Joe Essig Jr.), Hop Sing (Tony Morgan), Tigerama (Robert Shepherd), Mypanmar (Ricky Macomber Jr.), Escape The Wind (Roger Mayotte), Primetime Bobcat (Jody Jamieson), Spirit Of A Shark (Walter Haynes Jr.), and Maltese Artist (Mike Wilder).

VJRNR

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »

team hutch showed that in no way is he ready to take on the free for all crowd as he he finished last in the field in last nights prep for next weeks dan patch .. he should forfeit his invitation .. and hopefully they will invite foxy manuever in his place .. a great race from the veteran indiana performer deserves him a spot in the big race

That was an excellent call 3 days in advance of the Draw. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: