Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 01:18:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to contact Gov. Quinn  (Read 17847 times)
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »

I know we've been asked to write and call our legislators and the Governor countless times in the last couple of years.

It's tough to keep rallying the troops.  There will be naysayers on here who will say we are wasting our time.  And who knows, maybe we are.  But isn't trying to save our business better than giving up? 

We could not have gotten SB744 passed without the calls to legislators, let's not forget that.  They HEARD us, and the bill passed the General Assembly. 

We have a human roadblock in the form of the Governor.  He says the public is on his side.  Quite simply, that's bullshit. 

Let's all call.  Be polite but firm in your convictions. Horsemen and bettors alike.  In state or out of state.  When I called both offices yesterday they didn't even ask where I live.  A minute of your time and a few cents for the call. Well worth it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now: there is no quit in an Illinois horseman.  Please prove me right and call.

Thanks
Report to moderator   Logged

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »

Emphasize that this bill helps horsemen: it ends recapture, it guarantees live racing dates

There is agriculture funding: state and county fairs, 4-H, conservation

Illinois horsemen are united in support of this bill, we need longterm growth to rebuild our breeding industry.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »

What a joke. Down here in bumblemuck Southern Illinois, rowdy bars have slot machines that pay and nobody does anything to stop it because the officials are all crooked.
mikep

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 03:27:01 PM »

All excellent i could have used this a few weeks ago.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »

Nice post Old and Slow.  Very eloquent as well.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »

We have a human roadblock in the form of the Governor.  He says the public is on his side.  Quite simply, that's bullshit. 

This failed Governor needs to go! He has done nothing for racing and more importantly, he has done nothing for the state economy as well. Illinois is coming apart at the seams yet clowns like this keep getting re-elected.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

Appears current hang -up   is  that Gov.  insists on  ethics provisions  , including a contribution ban,   and  the  Legislators   want to keep collecting big contributions from the gaming industry.  Politics and Greed in Illinois.

Looks like Gov. has a valid argument .   Ethics should be paramount.

May be time to lay the blame on the Senators and Representatives.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »

There used to be a contribution ban many years ago, why was it removed? Lang said during debate yesterday that there is a question of constitutionality.

Of course other articles seem to say it is only certain contributions that are a problem.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »

if my foot would somehow want to contact the governor, where to you think it might want to contact him ?

Certified Derbytologist
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

if my foot would somehow want to contact the governor, where to you think it might want to contact him ?
Grin

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
thegreenmean

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »

This was posted yesterday, but wanted to bump it up. Everyone get on this site and let Gov. Quinn know that we need for him to sign the bill as passed.

http://www2.illinois.gov/gov/Pages/ContacttheGovernor.aspx

I called today and asked to speak with him...Of course he was not available but the girl who answered was in his staff and said she would document my concerns..I went on for a good 10 minutes emphasizing the fact that my family and friends are democrat voters and we feel that he has turned his back on his democratic constituents and he needs to sign this bill and or a stand alone ADW bill...She said she has received a few calls today like mine so we need everyone who reads this to take 5 min and call...Let's put some pressure on him! 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: