Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

January 20, 2017, 01:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary & The Donald Horse race  (Read 16696 times)
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: January 19, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

A horse racing and Trump connection.

"The New York Times on Wednesday reported on an Aug. 8, 2016, altercation during the Fasig-Tipton yearling sale that would have been more suited to a boxing ring than the sales ring. It involved an unnamed worker for Mazzone Catering and St. Elias Stable's owner Vincent Viola, who was recently tabbed by President-elect Donald Trump to be Secretary of the Army.

According to the Times, police were called in to break up a dispute between the two men the police report said took place on the second floor of the sale pavilion. Viola, 60, a Wall Street trader and owner of the National Hockey League's Florida Panthers, allegedly punched the concession worker after his wife, Teresa, told him the worker had pushed her when she was trying to get water for a woman who had fainted.

The unidentified worker, whose lip was bloodied and swollen from the punch, denied pushing Viola's wife."

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/outside-ring-violas-fasig-tipton-punch-garners-national-attention/
Report to moderator   Logged
Stats Master E

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »

"All right, kids, everybody buckled up?"  "Yeah, Dad!"
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: January 19, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

I guess, from what I've been reading here, the world as we know it ends tomorrow.  Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone, it's been nice.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: January 19, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »

... Congress does not work for the best interests of the middle class due to all of the outside money, influence and opportunities outside money provides to members of Congress, and that includes both Republicans and Democrats...

Beobob, you're right. I've heard some bad things said about pols, but this Congress-not-working-for-the-middle-class stuff is a bridge too far.  Props to Mary Ann for coming up with this amazing and incisive if depressing datum.

Truly I despair.
hbt
silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »

I guess, from what I've been reading here, the world as we know it ends tomorrow.  Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone, it's been nice.

The end of the world starts tomorrow. It will take him a little time to accomplish the destruction.

His first test should come soon. He claimed of a North Korean test of an ICBM "IT WON'T HAPPEN!", but it looks like they're getting ready to fire one off any day.

So maybe we will soon learn who is crazier, Kim Jong Un, or Donald Dong Oops.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/asia/north-korea-missiles/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:54:18 PM by hbt » Report to moderator   Logged

Trump: The best president rubles can buy!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: January 19, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »

Next up:  *some politicians may be motivated by self-interest!!!!*
zanzibar

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: January 19, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »

Kids, and their parents, had better buckle up if Betsy De Vos is Sec. of Education.  She's a train wreck.

Probably her most famous reply:
When Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) asked her whether she would agree that guns don’t belong in schools, she said: “I will refer back to Sen. [Mike] Enzi and the school he was talking about in Wyoming. I think probably there, I would imagine that there is probably a gun in the schools to protect from potential grizzlies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/01/18/six-astonishing-things-betsy-devos-said-and-refused-to-say-at-her-confirmation-hearing/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.d0ab86fbfd37
hbt
silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: January 19, 2017, 06:06:38 PM »

"Keeping the door shut and calling animal control" apparently not being an option at those "Little House in the Rockies" schools that are all so common these days.

hbt
silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: January 19, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »

Trump is apparently channeling the ghost of Leonid Breshnev.

According to this story and a few others floating around, he wanted to have tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue, but is going to have to settle for a mere 20 military aircraft overhead.

It's Huffington so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-military-equipment-inauguration_us_58811f4ae4b096b4a23091f7

Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »

Next up:  *some politicians may be motivated by self-interest!!!!*

"The Corruption Allegations Against Benjamin Netanyahu"

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has faced allegations of corruption before, but two recent probes may be more likely to damage him."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-corruption-allegations-against-benjamin-netanyahu?mbid=social_twitter
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

"the unprecedented concern about Trump in polling since the election also signals he may be miscalculating how much turmoil most Americans will tolerate from a president. “This constant badgering and tweeting may talk to his base, but it’s not growing his base,” said Tom Davis, who served as a Republican representative from Virginia and chair of the National Republican Congressional Committee. “They have to grow the base or they have a midterm problem.”

Indeed, amid all the swirling currents, the clearest message of Trump’s transition is that he has narrowed his support since Election Day, rather than expanding it as almost all of his predecessors did."

"Yet the bigger story is the hardening of opposition to Trump among the groups always most skeptical of him. In that ABC/Washington Post survey, Trump faced disapproval for his transition performance from nearly 55 percent of white college graduates, almost three-fifths of Millennials, two-thirds of adults in urban areas, and three-fourths of minorities."

"Stormy seas are the only waters Trump knows—and Republicans have now bound themselves to his course like a sailor lashed to the mast."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/the-great-instigator/513527/
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

Get to know Trump. "In the days immediately after the election that shocked the world, POLITICO Magazine convened the group of people who know Donald J. Trump better than anyone outside his family. We asked his biographers the questions that were on everyone’s mind: What happens next? Will the unabashedly self-promoting and self-obsessed businessman transform himself into a selfless and dignified president of the nation he was elected to lead?

Now, after more than two months of Trump’s norm-shattering transition, we gathered Gwenda Blair, Michael D’Antonio and Tim O’Brien by conference call (Wayne Barrett, the dean of Trump reporters, died on Thursday in Manhattan after a long illness) to assess whether Trump has continued to surprise them. Their collective wisdom? In a word, no."

One of the questions asked:

"Michael, in your book, and other places, too, he has talked about how much he enjoys fighting. And he certainly fought a lot of people throughout the campaign, and he hasn’t stopped fighting. From Meryl Streep to the intelligence community, he’s still picking fights. Do you think he is going to pick fights with leaders of other countries? In other words, is there any indication that he would be able to separate the interests of the country now from his own personal pique?

Blair: Zero.

O’Brien: Absolutely not. There will be no divide there. The whole thing has been a vanity show from the second he ran to the Republican Convention. I think we can expect to see the same on Inauguration Day. He’s been unable to find a clean division between his own emotional needs and his own insecurities and simply being a healthy, strategically committed leader who wants to parse through good policy options and a wide series of public statements about the direction in which he’ll take the country."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biographers-presidency-legitimate-214655
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: January 19, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »

I guess, from what I've been reading here, the world as we know it ends tomorrow.  Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone, it's been nice.

And I feel fine!
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:51 PM »

This is breaking news from The New York Times:

"American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said."

"Mr. Manafort is among at least three Trump campaign advisers whose possible links to Russia are under scrutiny. Two others are Carter Page, a businessman and former foreign policy adviser to the campaign, and Roger Stone, a longtime Republican operative."

“We have absolutely no knowledge of any investigation or even a basis for such an investigation,” said Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for the Trump transition.

In an emailed statement Thursday evening, Mr. Manafort called allegations that he had interactions with the Russian government a “Democrat Party dirty trick and completely false.”

“I have never had any relationship with the Russian government or any Russian officials. I was never in contact with anyone, or directed anyone to be in contact with anyone,” he said."

Read more:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html?emc=edit_na_20170119&nl=breaking-news&nlid=48681536&ref=cta&_r=0

One of the NYT reporters said on Twitter: "Some officials disclosed details of the investigation b/c they feared Trump's admin would obstruct the inquiry"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:36:25 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: January 19, 2017, 11:52:48 PM »

This stuff about *allegations of corruption* being made against this or that politician is, frankly, shocking.  Such claims are utterly unprecedented in human history.  Next they'll be saying that sometimes people jaywalk, or, worse yet, actually LITTER on occasion.  Shocked Shocked

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: Today at 12:00:51 AM »

FWIW, DeVos is indeed bad news and IMO a terrible pick.  But the *Federal* Department of Education is superfluous and should be phased out.  We survived without one quite well for 200 or so years. 
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: Today at 12:59:03 AM »

This stuff about *allegations of corruption* being made against this or that politician is, frankly, shocking.  Such claims are utterly unprecedented in human history.  Next they'll be saying that sometimes people jaywalk, or, worse yet, actually LITTER on occasion.

You mean like this?

The Dems, meanwhile, got right in line behind Hillary once Bernie stepped off the stage --- and swallowed her whole... the various e-mail scandals, her unabashed and appalling pay-for-play record, and the serial fcukups and lies before, during and after Benghazi.

Let's not forget Chaffetz uses private e-mails himself and also helped defund security at embassies. P.S. Hillary's server never got hacked so nothing got in the wrong hands.

Here's what your little weasel Chaffetz has been up to lately:

"Representative Jason Chaffetz, who has primary oversight responsibilities in the U.S. House, styles himself a zealous believer in executive-branch accountability and an advocate of state- and local-government authority.

Except when it's politically inconvenient, apparently. The Utah Republican led ferocious congressional investigations of alleged abuses by federal officials during the administrations of President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Now that Donald Trump is about to take over, he seems to have lost his zeal."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-19/chaffetz-is-a-watchdog-who-doesn-t-bark-at-republicans

"Rather than commit to investigating President-elect Donald Trump’s ongoing conflicts of interest and his refusal to comply with the letter of the Constitution’s emoluments clause, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) has decided to dragoon the head of the Office of Government Ethics, who spoke out about Trump’s ethical shortcomings, to a closed-door session. Chaffetz prefers to browbeat the messenger rather than enforce the Constitution and prevent rampant corruption. (The Post’s editorial board today argues, “Mr. Chaffetz is already prioritizing partisanship over responsibility. Undercutting the executive branch’s ethics office would represent a larger failing.”)

"On Monday, Shaub wrote a letter to Chaffetz recounting that his request for an open hearing had been denied. Clearly, Chaffetz wants to do his bullying behind closed doors."

“As these communications make clear, the public wants to understand conflicts of interest in government and the role that OGE plays in preventing conflicts from hindering effective governance. Holding our meeting in public is in accordance with OGE’s educational function and will further ensure transparency in how we approach ethical governance.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/01/18/utah-voters-to-chaffetz-do-your-job/?utm_term=.8c84ddc6582b

And then there's this:

"The Democratic Coalition Against Trump is taking action against Rep. Jason Chaffetz by filing an ethics complaint, according to a press release from the commission."

“Representative Chaffetz, in an ill-planned partisan attempt, released information that compromised the integrity of the FBI, when he irresponsibly tweeted out that the case investigating Secretary Clinton’s emails had been reopened, when in fact it had not been. Members of Congress are elected to make our country a safer, better place -- not to use their power to work with leaders such as Comey in a partisan fashion,” said Scott Dworkin, Senior Advisor to the Democratic Coalition Against Trump."

http://kutv.com/news/local/chaffetz-ethics-complaint
« Last Edit: Today at 12:08:27 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: Today at 06:31:38 AM »

Perhaps, dear Mary Ann, you might profitably examine the rather gaping chasm between "allegations of corruption" and, erm, A Proven Record Of Ongoing And Unabashed Corruption Covering Decades.  Just a suggestion, mind you... I know, I know, why bother with such silly notions as "context," py yiminy.

How 'bout that horrible Illinois *rethuGglican* (BOOOOOO!!!) who not only had to dispense patronage jobs at the beginning of his first term, but, worse, had to turf his Secretary of War early in the game because the guy was so corrupt his own party regulars were complaining about him.  Can you imagine such a horrible, tainted incompetent president?

Yep, you guessed it:  GEORGE QUINCY MADDISSSON!!!   Angry Angry Angry

hbt
silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: Today at 09:57:27 AM »

Acting as a partisan attack dog on the taxpayer dime is the traditional function of the head of the Oversight Committee, whatever party is in power.

Look at all the many $millions they wasted with 48 different investigations of Benghazi. They didn't care about the lives of those Americans killed any more than they cared about the lives of Americans they killed in their phony Iraq war. It's just politics.

Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: Today at 11:44:59 AM »

Perhaps, dear Mary Ann, you might profitably examine the rather gaping chasm between "allegations of corruption" and, erm, A Proven Record Of Ongoing And Unabashed Corruption

Oh, I know the difference but apparently that even with all of the many Chaffetz investigations on Clinton as well as an FBI investigation that really found nothing, you continue to harp she's guilty based on allegations.

Let's take a further look at Chaffetz. "Rather than commit to investigating President-elect Donald Trump’s ongoing conflicts of interest and his refusal to comply with the letter of the Constitution’s emoluments clause, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) has decided to dragoon the head of the Office of Government Ethics, who spoke out about Trump’s ethical shortcomings, to a closed-door session. Chaffetz prefers to browbeat the messenger rather than enforce the Constitution and prevent rampant corruption. (The Post’s editorial board today argues, “Mr. Chaffetz is already prioritizing partisanship over responsibility. Undercutting the executive branch’s ethics office would represent a larger failing.”)

Here's the oath Chaffetz, as well as all other members of Congress, took: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/a/oaths_of_office_4.htm

How amazing is it that you don't have a problem with this.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: Today at 11:49:42 AM »

Acting as a partisan attack dog on the taxpayer dime is the traditional function of the head of the Oversight Committee, whatever party is in power.

Look at all the many $millions they wasted with 48 different investigations of Benghazi. They didn't care about the lives of those Americans killed any more than they cared about the lives of Americans they killed in their phony Iraq war. It's just politics.

The many Chaffetz Benghazi/e-mail investigations were a campaign stunt paid with taxpayer money. Since Chaffetz wasted millions of taxpayer dollars using his position in campaigning against Clinton, it would be fitting that he personally pay back all of those millions to taxpayers and to lock him up.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:06:51 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: Today at 12:33:02 PM »

US citizens died at Benghazi, and Hillary acquiesced in the promulgation of a knowingly false narrative about the attack on the compound being caused by some Youtube vid made by a Copt.  These are not allegations; they are established facts

As for the e-mail issue, Comey found she was "extremely careless"; the Justice Department of her own party declined to prosecute the Dem Presidential candidate.  If this is an exoneration, I am the Archbishop of Canterbury.  If you doubt that our intelligence services are severely politicized,  you'd probably do well to start reading

No less to the point, the e-mail scandals are almost secondary to the rest of the rather daunting anti-Hillary brief. Arguing that Lynch declined to prosecute her is akin to arguing that Hitler was actually a pretty good guy since, um,  his claim on the Sudetenland had some facial validity based on the presence of German-speakers there.       
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: Today at 12:42:21 PM »

US citizens died at Benghazi, and Hillary acquiesced in the promulgation of a knowingly false narrative about the attack on the compound being caused by some Youtube vid made by a Copt.  These are not allegations; they are established facts

As for the e-mail issue, Comey found she was "extremely careless"; the Justice Department of her own party declined to prosecute the Dem Presidential candidate.  If this is an exoneration, I am the Archbishop of Canterbury.  If you doubt that our intelligence services are severely politicized,  you'd probably do well to start reading.        

Maybe you should do some fact checking first:

"The question won’t go away: Did President Obama and administration officials mislead the public when they initially claimed that the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began “spontaneously” in response to an anti-Muslim video?

The question surfaced again on Oct. 25 — more than six weeks after the incident — when government emails showed the White House and the State Department were told even as the attack was going on that Ansar al-Sharia, a little-known militant group, had claimed credit for it.

We cannot say whether the administration was intentionally misleading the public. We cannot prove intent."

"Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20."

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

"It is impossible to know with certainty what Clinton told these families in brief conversations at a private reception only three days after Benghazi. Some, but not all, family members who have spoken to the media said Clinton mentioned a video or protests in their meeting. Some said she didn’t mention a video. Clinton says she did not."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/feb/09/what-did-hillary-clinton-tell-families-people-who-/

And just maybe if security at the embassies had not been defunded by the Republicans, the attack at Benghazi might have been prevented.

And what was Bush's excuse for allowing 9/11 to happen where we lost thousands of Americans not to mention an unnecessary war with Iraq that also created the terrorist group that is now attacking worldwide?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:58:33 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: Today at 12:54:56 PM »

This is from YOUR link:

"But, at this point, we do know that Obama and others in the administration were quick to cite the anti-Muslim video as the underlying cause for the attack in Benghazi that killed four U.S. diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. And they were slow to acknowledge it was a premeditated terrorist attack, and they downplayed reports that it might have been."

And somehow you managed to overlook THIS:

"Judicial Watch announced today it has obtained new documents from the Department of State containing the telephone transcripts from the evening of September 12, 2012, in which then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton informs then-Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil that the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi “had nothing to do with the film.”  The documents include previously unreleased telephone transcripts with world leaders about the Benghazi attack."

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/state-department-belatedly-releases-new-clinton-benghazi-documents/

But, of course, you weren't a *party* to the telcon, ergo it didn't happen.  And the Russians could have hacked the conversational content, by jing!
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: Today at 01:00:43 PM »

This is from YOUR link:

"But, at this point, we do know that Obama and others in the administration were quick to cite the anti-Muslim video as the underlying cause for the attack in Benghazi that killed four U.S. diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. And they were slow to acknowledge it was a premeditated terrorist attack, and they downplayed reports that it might have been."

And somehow you managed to overlook THIS:

"Judicial Watch announced today it has obtained new documents from the Department of State containing the telephone transcripts from the evening of September 12, 2012, in which then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton informs then-Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil that the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi “had nothing to do with the film.”  The documents include previously unreleased telephone transcripts with world leaders about the Benghazi attack."

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/state-department-belatedly-releases-new-clinton-benghazi-documents/

But, of course, you weren't a *party* to the telcon, ergo it didn't happen.  And the Russians could have hacked the conversational content, by jing!

It was not missed: "when government emails showed the White House and the State Department were told even as the attack was going on that Ansar al-Sharia, a little-known militant group, had claimed credit for it".

You keep citing all of these right-wing groups. Yeah, Judicial Watch has claimed a lot of things.

Now, how about that Chaffetz who appears to be on the hot seat now?
« Last Edit: Today at 01:03:41 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: