Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

June 28, 2016, 04:39:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where have all the posters gone?  (Read 125 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »

Janine is still with us in spirit as the forum keeps rolling. Just a few posters are here though:  Andy with his takeout and California issues; Mohawk, pointing out the most outstanding horses ever; MaryAnn, keeping us informed with links to national issues; Terry and I throwing out our usual take it or leave it thoughts, and UFO, contributing for his alter ego, 1st Over. I know there are a few others, but not many.

Arlington is running, sort of, so there must be a slew of issues coming out of there.  My only view is with the old people on the second floor so I do not see much. We are now in the midst of summer racing so there must be things going on at tracks across the nation and world. A number of good horses either are continuing to run or are coming back.

How are things at Hawthorne's Harness Meet? What does it look like for the Fall Meet? What does it look like for Illinois horsemen in general?

I am just sort of bored on the these hot days and want to find out information and stimulate this fine forum.
Report to moderator   Logged
AndyA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »

The problem, like most other forums is that certain posters do drive by's and kill threads by attacking the person rather than presenting an argument for or against the subject of the thread.  That sort of thing really can't be stopped in the long run.  It just takes too much work to monitor every post.  That type of thing keeps people who are just reading and sitting on the fence from getting involved. 

Maybe forums are just outdated.  The rise of twitter has hurt these types of forums as well.

I'll keep posting.  Good luck.
Bucksboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:34:29 AM »

A lot of people gave up on this forum, Janine's passing notwithstanding, when an ***hole hijacked it to rant for 18 months about Arlinton's media director.

It can get tiring to post solid info and just get slammed by a guy who was off on unrelated tangent/obsession.

Chicago racing needs a place for a good exchange of ideas from literate and informed people.  If BTW can't make without Janine at the helm perhaps someone else (Terry) with sufficient time to devote can start a new one.

I have no opinion one way or another on Howard S and nobody else does either.  The constant vicious haranguing of him turned a lot of people off.  It was one jackass that ruined this place.  If he's gone, maybe things can rebound at this, or a new, forum.
honest & balanced terry
silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:51:23 AM »

When warmed over decided to cease posting there went 3 posters right there.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Better Red.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: