Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O.T. the original macho man dead  (Read 633 times)
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »

Randy macho man savage. had a heart attack while driving, went off the road and hit a tree. dead on arrival. one of the best at his craft. rest in peace macho man
Report to moderator   Logged
bigdog32

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »

rip macho man
threegoodlegsst

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »

Don't think that is OT as it is now who I HAVE to bet on in the Preakness tomorrow. 
GO M3!!!  Do it out of respect for the original.

RIP Randy Savage
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »

Only "name" pro wrestler I ever went to see in person. A roommate and I used to to howl in laughter at the TV wrestling, so finally went one night to the Horizon to see a bout starring Randy, and to laugh at the silliness and fakery of it all. We were surprised to learn that we were the only ones in the audience who considered it fake, and that our laughter and comments were not appreciated. After that we could not watch it on TV ever again.

Sitting in the bar of the hotel there on Mannheim (?) before the bout, Randy and his retinue came through the lobby, in full regalia. It was like seeing a rock star come through.

RIP Macho Man you were a great entertainer.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:42:55 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 07:18:28 PM »

Only "name" pro wrestler I ever went to see in person. A roommate and I used to to howl in laughter at the TV wrestling, so finally went one night to the Horizon to see a bout starring Randy, and to laugh at the silliness and fakery of it all. We were surprised to learn that we were the only ones in the audience who considered it fake, and that our laughter and comments were not appreciated. After that we could not watch it on TV ever again.

Sitting in the bar of the hotel there on Mannheim (?) before the bout, Randy and his retinue came through the lobby, in full regalia. It was like seeing a rock star come through.

I have a cousin in the WWE. Kane, for those of you who may happen to pay attention to that sort of thing. Personally I don't, but I can tell you, those guys pay their dues. It is a very tough life style. Glen wrestled for years in obscurity, driving from show to show, getting stiffed on payments etc. And trust me, while the outcome is predetermined, the injuries they incur are very real. He has had multiple broken bones, back injuries etc. It aint easy, believe that. He has his head shaved and his daughter said, Dad your head is ugly, full of scars, and he said , yeah those scars are putting you through college!!!
pari mutual

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »

I took my Mother in Law to wrestling at the old Amphitheater in 70 or 71. She also thought the fights were not pre determined. She loved Dick the Bruiser and he was in the Main Event. I thought she was going to have a stroke. Dick "lost" and she was so mad she peed on herself.

I decided not to bring her into the Sirloin Room at the Stock Yard Inn afterwards. She would have died if she had seen all those guys who "hated" each other celebrating the success of the show with rounds of beer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:32:35 PM by Joe Bunzol » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »

I took my Mother in Law to wrestling at the old Amphitheater in 70 or 71. She also thought the fights were not pre determined. She loved Dick the Bruiser and he was in the Main Event. I thought she was going to have a stroke. Dick "lost" and she was so mad she peed on herself.

I decided not to bring her into the Sirloin Room at the Stock Yard Inn afterwards. She would have died if she had seen all those guys who "hated" each other celebrating the success of the show with rounds of beer.

Like all the buddy-buddy scenes in the movie "The Wrestler". 
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »

Macho Man was a Chicagoian - Downers Grove North and SIU. Who can forget Miss Elizabeth? RIP
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 07:30:36 AM »

I actually played baseball against him in high school......the guy was huge as a 15-year old and a decent guy too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: