Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 15, 2014, 04:34:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Animal Kingdom Win Sat?  (Read 1174 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: May 18, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »

i hope he does....racing needs all the help it can get and a colt going for the TC is the best help it can get - even if only for a short time.......
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »

I doubt it.  The second race on dirt off the synthetic usually doesn't bode well, especially with only 2 weeks between the Preakness and Derby. 
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »

Wow 3 days before the race and a Preakness topic? It just goes to show you how far this great game has fallen.....Even people who are supposed fans of the game have no interest in whats going on in it.....Even at the most important time of the year......Im with you....I hope he wins the Triple Crown....I went to Fair Hill to peep at him the day he arrived from the Derby and he looked like a fresh horse who is ready to take the next step

SHOWTIME!!!
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »

I dought it but with all the other weak 3 year olds it could happen!
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »

Who is gonna beat him ?  

I asked my waitress and the cashier at brkfst if they are going to watch the preakness?  The cashier was mute. The waitress told me once upon a time her mother was a racing fan and bet lots.  That's Chicago.  I'm past feeling sad about it.

Three weeks ago, I asked my doc and his nurse if they would be my guest at the OTB after doc told nurse kathy I like racing.  Anyway, that went nowhere.  screwy

See, when I started with him he would ask me if "I'm working."  And I finally figured it out and learned to say, "yeah, I'm working."   thumbs up

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:46:31 PM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »

Wow 3 days before the race and a Preakness topic? It just goes to show you how far this great game has fallen.....Even people who are supposed fans of the game have no interest in whats going on in it.....Even at the most important time of the year......I'm with you....I hope he wins the Triple Crown....I went to Fair Hill to peep at him the day he arrived from the Derby and he looked like a fresh horse who is ready to take the next step

I was thinking the same thing.  I figured no one was interested in the Preakness.  I was hoping for some insight.  I don't know much about some of the horses even though I've been reading what I can. 
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  I figured no one was interested in the Preakness.  I was hoping for some insight.  I don't know much about some of the horses even though I've been reading what I can. 

Speaking as an amateur, for one without insight you seem to do fine for someone who's bet ever since her grampa taught her handicapping.

Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »

I doubt it.  The second race on dirt off the synthetic usually doesn't bode well...

Agreed.

At TG, this is called "won and done" syndrome: "explosive" effort first dirt, then bounce to the moon.

Animal Kingdom will likely regress substantially off of his Derby win -- he only wins the Preakness if everybody else puts in a substandard effort as well.

The early candidate for improvement and a win in the Preakness is Mucho Macho Man, but this 3 year old crop isn't much, so give the new shooters (those that skipped the Derby) a very close look.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »

Thanks 747, I sure to try and I sure to love the sport.  When I'm at the racetrack where he first took me, I feel like I'm with him.  And when I'm handicapping, I always feel he's looking over my shoulder and I want him to be proud of me.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »

Agreed.

At TG, this is called "won and done" syndrome: "explosive" effort first dirt, then bounce to the moon.

Animal Kingdom will likely regress substantially off of his Derby win -- he only wins the Preakness if everybody else puts in a substandard effort as well.

The early candidate for improvement and a win in the Preakness is Mucho Macho Man, but this 3 year old crop isn't much, so give the new shooters (those that skipped the Derby) a very close look.

Insights coming in!   Allrighty then.
abrunks2

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »

I will be looking to bet against Animal Kingdom since there seems to be a lot of positive sentiment behind him. He ran the best race in the Derby, but it was quite a goofy race. (I kind of win want him to win though also...)

I am hoping Master of Hounds returns for the Belmont because I think he left a lot on the track in the Derby and we will see inflated odds at Belmont. Gomez should have recognized the pace and been moving him much earlier.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »

Agreed.

I'd back any of these at better than 11-1.

#4 flshpoint
#7 midnight interlude
#8 dance city
#14 mister commons

at better than 16-1.

#1 Astrology
#3 King congie
#5 shackleford
#6 sway away

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:51:55 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

Pocket Rocket

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »

Many in the race just are not fast enough to win (Astrology, Norman Asbjornson, King Congie, Isn't He Perfect, Concealed Identity, Mr. Commons).  Mucho Macho Man has reached his ceiling.  You know what you are going to get, and more than likely someone will jump up and run a big race, while Macho just continues to run the same race, which is not good enough to win.  I believe Dialed In is a fraud, light in the body, just gets himself too far back, hates the dirt in his face.  Thing the horse most likely to pull the upset is Sway Away, ran monsterous in San Vincente, bounced in Rebel, made a wide early move in Arkansas Derby. Think he is sitting on his best race.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »

Oh MAN do I hope this works that way!
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 07:12:28 AM »

Only like 3 out of the last 30 Preakness winners have skipped the Derby so I wouldnt look that way.....An amazing 90% of the time over that period the Preakness winner has ran in the Derby and two of those were Rachel Alexandra and Bernardini.......I dont see any new shooters with that kind of talent......The bottom line is if Animal Kingdom duplicates his Derby race he is 1-9......If he doesnt there is really no logical reason to favor one horse over the rest......I do agree though that Sway Away at least has the potential to run a number big enough to win......Outside of MMM and Dialed In (Who I dont like either) I dont see any other horse that can

SHOWTIME!!!
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »

Only like 3 out of the last 30 Preakness winners have skipped the Derby so I wouldnt look that way.....An amazing 90% of the time over that period the Preakness winner has ran in the Derby and two of those were Rachel Alexandra and Bernardini.......I dont see any new shooters with that kind of talent......The bottom line is if Animal Kingdom duplicates his Derby race he is 1-9......If he doesnt there is really no logical reason to favor one horse over the rest......I do agree though that Sway Away at least has the potential to run a number big enough to win......Outside of MMM and Dialed In (Who I dont like either) I dont see any other horse that can

Well. Sure. You have to be afraid of Animal Kingdom or nearly any horse in this race that
takes money.  But you mention a big IF.  Are you making Animal Kingdom 1-9 ?
Not actually, right?  

2-1 seems about right.  I'm real afraid of him.  I think he can win the triple crown.

Here's my line

#1  13-1
#2  23-1
#3  12-1
#4  9-1
#5  11-1
#6  13-1
#7  8-1
#8  8-1
#9  10-1
#10 6-1
#11 9-2
#12 99-1
#13 22-1
#14 10-1

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:53:06 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »

Well. Sure. You have to be afraid of Animal Kingdom or nearly any horse in this race that
Not actually, right?  

2-1 seems about right.  I'm real afraid of him.  I think he can win the triple crown.

Here's my line

#1  13-1
#2  23-1
#3  12-1
#4  9-1
#5  11-1
#6  13-1
#7  8-1
#8  8-1
#9  10-1
#10 6-1
#11 9-2
#12 99-1
#13 22-1
#14 10-1

No I'm saying that if he runs the same race he ran in the Derby he would be 1-9 to win the race.......I dont think he will but if does duplicate that effort he will win by daylight.....Dialed In has all the conspiracy theorists on his side......Dont think they bet much though they just complain.......MMM and Sway Away will be overbet because really who else if you dont want to bet the favorite can you make a case for.......Shackleford I cant see getting an easier trip then he got in the Derby........Though the track was a little anti speed/rail that day

SHOWTIME!!!
NIATROSS

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »

i hope he does....racing needs all the help it can get and a colt going for the TC is the best help it can get - even if only for a short time.......

A horse winning the TC does nothing to resolve the industries key issues.This is simply another of the media's hype jobs as to the sport.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »

Not actually, right?  

Here's my line

#1  13-1
#2  23-1
#3  12-1
#4  9-1
#5  11-1
#6  13-1
#7  8-1
#8  8-1
#9  10-1
#10 6-1
#11 9-2
#12 99-1
#13 22-1
#14 10-1

Im not a big Animal Kingdom fan but I would make a huge wager at 9-2....Just on value alone.....I expect he will be right about the ML......Maybe 5-2......You know the favorite is like 53% percent or something in the Preakness

SHOWTIME!!!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »

Well I hope AK GALLOPS.......go into belmont a "two-fer" and leave it up to the triple crown gods........

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

A horse winning the TC does nothing to resolve the industries key issues.This is simply another of the media's hype jobs as to the sport.

it does nothing more and nothing less than doing anything else does for the sport - setting new world records, going undefeated, winning a bcup race....no one cares once it's done.....but it sure makes things interesting thru june 11th and hopefully thru yr's end cause i would hope they 'd rest him n then bring him back for the jim dandy/travers and in the fall, face his elders .......yea, i know- i'm dreaming  maroon

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »

it does nothing more and nothing less than doing anything else does for the sport - setting new world records, going undefeated, winning a bcup race....no one cares once it's done.....but it sure makes things interesting thru june 11th and hopefully thru yr's end cause i would hope they 'd rest him n then bring him back for the jim dandy/travers and in the fall, face his elders .......yea, i know- i'm dreaming  maroon

I beg to differ with the nobody cares once it's done.  The TC was last done in 1978 and everyone still talks about Affirmed being the last to do it.  Everyone still talks about Secretariats Belmont, everyone still talks about RA and Zenyatta.

Greatness rarely gets forgotten.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:29:59 PM by OTB » Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »

tried to quote you OTB ,but kept getting a 'session verification' thingy to log out n then back in but it wouldn't LET me log out....anyway....of course winning the triple crown would not be forgotten.....by us true fans/lovers of horses and racing.....but by chance that AK does win it.....i bet u could poll 80% of the crowd on hand at belmont to see it a yr later and asked about witnessing history they'd be like ....you know, the horse with the disney name.....and yea, man, he won 3  important races in a row! .....you get my drift, otb.........it's just not like it used to be....less people care about the sport/history....and more people care about being part of the 'event'.....why else do 150k+ jam into CD on the 1st sat n may and pay huge bucks to get in and stand, not see the track or tv, pee their pants in line for the bathrooms and eat cold food and drink warm beer? did it once.....if i don't have a seat, i ain't doing it again!

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »

tried to quote you OTB ,but kept getting a 'session verification' thingy to log out n then back in but it wouldn't LET me log out

Server issues.  I think they fixed it, is anyone still having the problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: