Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 29, 2014, 02:50:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archarcharch  (Read 3386 times)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »

HV - I love your wit and writing style but I can honestly say that I never met you at the track, (that I know of) so I can't evaluate your horse racing methods or logic.

As for Biggest Al, I can honestly say that he is atop notch handicapper and employs methods that I think are logical and wise.  I don't think he gives out all of his best stuff in public (in fact, I know he doesn't).  I've listened to his logic and cannot fault it to any large degree.  IN fact, I profitted from listening to him last year at the BC. 

I've listened to other so called gamblers and a mutual friend who is very intelligent but not as logical or methodical as Al.  If ever you happen to see a tall gent in a New Jersey Devils jersey at the track, you may want to ask him about his methods. 

Those are some interesting facts for we forum members too. 
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 06:41:42 AM »

HV - I love your wit and writing style but I can honestly say that I never met you at the track, (that I know of) so I can't evaluate your horse racing methods or logic.

As for Biggest Al, I can honestly say that he is atop notch handicapper and employs methods that I think are logical and wise.  I don't think he gives out all of his best stuff in public (in fact, I know he doesn't).  I've listened to his logic and cannot fault it to any large degree.   In fact, I profitted from listening to him last year at the BC. 

I've listened to other so called gamblers and a mutual friend who is very intelligent but not as logical or methodical as Al.  If ever you happen to see a tall gent in a New Jersey Devils jersey at the track, you may want to ask him about his methods.   

Thanks Mick. I am truly humbled. one of the few times I am humbled and practically speechless.

The times together with Mick (and let me say its been way too few) have always been great on and off track (remember the Louisville night spot we hit what a few years ago) and the dom perigon with Dave.

its always been a pleasure.

clocker biggestal

PS--HV you have to join us at a BC one day. we'll have a blast. :-) dude beer

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »

Yes but how many of them were true contenders. (Like Archarcharch)

2010--Lookin at Lucky-roughed at the start--6-1
2009--Westside Bernie--No trouble--no horse--32-1
2008--cool coal man--no trouble--no hoss--44-1
2007--sedgefield--no trouble--no hoss--58-1
2006--Jazil--swerved at the start--no hoss later--24-1
2005--sort it out--no trouble--no hoss--61-1
2004--Limehouse--shuffled back--made run-not good enough--41-1
2003--Supah Blitz--came out at the start;checked mildly first turn--no hoss--43-1
2002--johnnesburg--no trouble; no hoss--8-1
2001--songandaprayer--showed speed-tired--no hoss--35-1

Besides Lookin at Lucky, which of the other 9 was a seroius contenter for the derby/

clocker biggestal

Thank you, Al, for your cogent analysis.
Horse Voice

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 09:22:26 AM »

Thank you, Al, for your cogent analysis.

Earl, did you miss the part about nobody wanting the 1-hole during those years when the connections could select their post position?

The reason the horse in the 1-hole had been uncompetitive in the past is because that's usually where a sluggo horse ended up.

Al's analysis was technically correct, but it was only a surface glance at the issue. If Al had to analyze why a guy who got shot in the head didn't make it, he'd probably say that the guy "died from a headache".
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »

The times together with Mick (and let me say its been way too few) have always been great on and off track (remember the Louisville night spot we hit what a few years ago) and the dom perigon with Dave.

its always been a pleasure.

clocker biggestal

PS--HV you have to join us at a BC one day. we'll have a blast. :-) dude beer
Yeah, I remember the bar, it was a punk rock bar and we looked about as out of place as possible.  At least they had the good stuff (Guinness not Dom Perignon).  And as I recall, we kicked a little punk rock ass at the pool table.  I agree it would be great to see HV at Churchill in November.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »

Earl, did you miss the part about nobody wanting the 1-hole during those years when the connections could select their post position?

Yeah, guys like Zito shun the one hole and still lose all the time.
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »

My thoughts are with you , hope all is well
Horse Voice

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 04:57:19 PM »

Yeah, guys like Zito shun the one hole and still lose all the time.

Wow, Earl -- how much deeper do you want to dig the hole you are in?

1. Zito has won several Derbies. He doesn't need to apologize to you or anybody else when he doesn't win.

2. In a 19-horse field when the 1-hole doesn't win (like today), 17 other connections that "shunned the one hole" ALSO lost -- I guess they are clueless, too, eh?

doh
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »

Archarcharch, who started on the rail, was injured and taken off the track by ambulance. The injury is a lateral condylar fracture and is not life-threatening.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2011305040182
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »

Archarcharch, who started on the rail, was injured and taken off the track by ambulance. The injury is a lateral condylar fracture and is not life-threatening.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2011305040182

If only the field had been limited to 14, would never have happened.  head shake head shake head shake
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »

he is having surgery toight as soon as he is stabilized. Surgeon coming in from Lexington.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

If only the field had been limited to 14, would never have happened.  head shake head shake head shake

Rather than a snide comment, how bout let hope the horse is OK, ah genius. I'm sorry but your punk attitude is beyond bearable to me. You are worthless in my book, pathetic.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »

I heard something happened to Comma to the Top too. But not what is was.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »

Ankle chip:
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2011/05/07/comma-to-the-top-to-sidelines-with-ankle-injury.aspx
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »

How a good old fashioned Kentucky Derby does sort the players from the pretenders. My "watch out" horse Twinspired 3rd last. The subject of this thread, and Comma, bottom 5. At least, mostly (besides Soldat), the bottom 10 were horses I expected to be down in the order. Now if I only knew how to handle the top 10!

And, by the way, congratulations to Team Valor for finally (?) winning a KY Derby. They must over the moon.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »

horse
  Archarcharch is retired....maybe onto the breeding shed?
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2011, 07:48:40 AM »

Wow, Earl -- how much deeper do you want to dig the hole you are in?

1. Zito has won several Derbies. He doesn't need to apologize to you or anybody else when he doesn't win.

Hope you didn't bet him this year.
Does "Several" = 2? Not in my book.
Zito's record in the Derby stinks.
Horse Voice

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »

Hope you didn't bet him this year.
Does "Several" = 2? Not in my book.
Zito's record in the Derby stinks.

Wow.

Most trainers would cherish just ONE win in the Derby.

Zito has 2 Derby winners, and his record in this race "stinks"?

This is according to you, Earl -- someone who fancies racing at Fairmount Park, thinks those plugs are just peachy -- right?

Admit it, Earl -- you simply don't like the guy (emotion), and you are trying to justify it with some ridiculous & meaningless stat. Who cares how many horses Zito has sent to the Derby? People only remember you if you win, and this is just about the hardest race in the U.S. to win. Don't you understand that?  doh

Hey, you have the right to think what you want, and write what you want -- no matter how idiotic. It's just that with each post you make, I'm having a harder and harder time believing that you are an actual horse racing fan.

Your latest post is SO idiotic, in fact, that I am making it my new "sig" -- or whatever that thing is called that trails each post. Congratulations!
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »

Hey, you have the right to think what you want, and write what you want -- no matter how idiotic. It's just that with each post you make, I'm having a harder and harder time believing that you are an actual horse racing fan.

Your latest post is SO idiotic, in fact, that I am making it my new "sig" -- or whatever that thing is called that trails each post. Congratulations!

LMFAO you buffoon.
"Several" is a pronoun indicating more than two and fewer than many.
It's been so long since Zito won a Derby you don't even remember how many he won.
Horse Voice

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »

LMFAO you buffoon.
"Several" is a pronoun indicating more than two and fewer than many.
It's been so long since Zito won a Derby you don't even remember how many he won.

Poor, misguided Earl.

He has no horse facts (nor horse sense), so he has to resort to splitting hairs over the use of a single word.

Whether one, two, or "several" Derby wins, Earl fails to grasp the significance of a trainer's place in racing history for having won this special and difficult American race; instead, he sneers at a Hall of Fame trainer because it's "been so long" since his last win.

(Yeah...1994 was like, FOREVER ago!  doh  )

No, Earl would rather pick nits and argue usage. That's how he spends the weeks of the Triple Crown season.

WAFI!

How does my Brit friend say it when he encounters an abject moron like Earl? "Sod off, wanker." Yeah, that's it.

Sod off, Earl. And no, it doesn't mean "switch to the polytrack".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: