Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 08:25:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vernon Downs Saturday 4/23 Thread.  (Read 2412 times)
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2011, 09:56:44 AM »

Homeboy-They have raced in every jurisdiction, raced out of detention, and have never once even had a high blood gas or therapeutic drug overage.  They have raced world champions, cheap claimers, and everything in between and all they do is good things.

As for Jack Rice, he has had ups and downs in his life.   In the not too distant past he was the KING of Vernon.   Your right he did lose interest when his main clients did not return after Mid-State Racing's demise.    Why would anyone want to be 8th or 9th choice.   He and Maria have started building up their stable and have done well over the recent past.

Bottom line I am not buying the juiced up nonsense.   I know Josh knows horses, he can walk thru the stable area and know every horse on the grounds by name, know there tendencies, and when he approaches them he has a direct connection from equine to human that I have never seen before.

As for Tracy she has a heart of gold and cares for the animals and the workers moreso then any other outfit currently in operation.

I chalk it up to good horsemanship and spending money on the best care (feed, farriers, vet work, etc).

If you know otherwise please share.   Thanks.

Happy Easter JJ. I respect your opinion and your loyalty to your friends. I have no proof. Zero evidence, any horse of Tracey or Josh has been juiced. I do have many replays of races where Jack has driven like he was forced to sit in the bike and for no other reason.
 My point was, all it takes for a guy like him, obviously disenchanted with his prof fession, can now strut like a man possessed.
 I have zero proof the horse in her barn are racing with the aid of any illegal substance. I do have the experience of 35 years in this business. In that 35 years there has never been a trainer that has done with common claims and purchases, the things that she has, on a consistant basis, with out the aid of something other than hay, oats and water.
 Yes, she has a super talent in spotting undervalued horses. Yes, she has the moxie to pull the trigger. Yes to all we can find endearing to her and her success. But, yes to all that goes with that superiority in a negative fashion as well.
Time tells all. In time we will know if we have been witness to one of the greatest horse trainers in history. Time will also tell if she is as mortal as the rest of us.
 As for josh, it is not worth the argument. The ball is in his court. Everyone else and the state racing commissions have made their judgment of him known.

Just a quick comment the NYSRWB has not yet rendered a decision.  We have all expected it now for month but alas the powers to be are sitting on their hands.   I expected to see him driving in March at the spa.   It is now the end of April.   Possibly we may see him in May.
Report to moderator   Logged
Total Truth

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

Homeboy-They have raced in every jurisdiction, raced out of detention, and have never once even had a high blood gas or therapeutic drug overage.  They have raced world champions, cheap claimers, and everything in between and all they do is good things.

reminds me a lot of Lou Pena.  I guess Pena is just a better horseman than everyone else too.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »

reminds me a lot of Lou Pena.  I guess Pena is just a better horseman than everyone else too.

Lou Pena has never had a world champion.   Your comparing apples to oranges my friend.
NIATROSS

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »

Eric Ledford is back driving.How bad a person is Josh Marks that he cannot even get a groom's license anywhere ?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »

Eric Ledford is back driving.How bad a person is Josh Marks that he cannot even get a groom's license anywhere ?
No kidding.
He probably couldn't even drive here in Illinos.
cheatsandthieves

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

I have good reason to believe Josh will not get any license in NYS, and even if he does he will not be allowed at any Gural track. The guy has had many opportunites and continues to fail on every opportunity he gets, and he will not get anymore from Gural, and does not deserve it with his drinking, drugs adn temper he has shown in the past. TB will be the next one barred from Gural tracks, I believe by the end of July at best.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: