Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 12:11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Magee article in the November Hoof Beats!  (Read 1556 times)
BIG FAN

« on: November 09, 2005, 06:44:03 PM »

November Hoof Beats did a great article on David.He deserves it......I wish Neil Milbert was doing more writing in the Newspaper...Check it out!!!

PS GO GET THAT 11,000th win DAVEY!
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:52:29 PM »

Dave " The Hands " Magee is the master and the best driver Chicago has ever had. He's far above Morgan in class and driving.

Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:57:49 PM »

dont know about class.....but as far as driving....I'd say Magee is the best Chicago ever had.  thats no knock on Morgan because he's a great driver as well......but Magee's a notch higher.  ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT in his younger years in Chicago....and probably raced with a better crew of drivers in his prime than Morgan has to deal with in his prime.....Think Morgan will ever catch Davey in Wins? 
BIG FAN

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 07:00:06 PM »

Danny,Dave is an all around nice person.If we only had more people like him around we would be better off. Smiley Smiley
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 07:01:08 PM »

dont know about class.....but as far as driving....I'd say Magee is the best Chicago ever had.  thats no knock on Morgan because he's a great driver as well......but Magee's a notch higher.  ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT in his younger years in Chicago....and probably raced with a better crew of drivers in his prime than Morgan has to deal with in his prime.....Think Morgan will ever catch Davey in Wins? 

Very true. Magee had to drive against alot better in his prime then Morgan had to drive against.

I know Morgan is good but not as good as Davey.
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:06:31 PM »

Danny,Dave is an all around nice person.If we only had more people like him around we would be better off. Smiley Smiley

I've always been a big fan of Davey. When he drove for me he got the job done when I had my horse fit and classified. I'll always be grateful what he did for me with Pirate Laura. I just wish I could have gotten Davey to drive for me on a more regular basis because I know I would have won hundreds of more races. But, he was tied in with Davino and a couple of others first call.
BIG FAN

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 07:14:22 PM »

Dan,I too have great racing memories with Davey.First horse I ever claimed Davey won with him on his first two starts.That was going back like ten years ago.More recently he got the job done for me coming from dead last turning for home seven wide and getting up at Balmoral Park!
redneck

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 10:20:49 PM »

Big Fan

Hoofbeats has been doing a real good job lately covering Illinois racing, they have an article on
Loyal Opposition this month too. Last month they had the Longo`s plight with nursing
Carls Big Mac back to health and racing. They have made some nice changes to the magazine!
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 10:53:50 PM »

Big Fan

Hoofbeats has been doing a real good job lately covering Illinois racing, they have an article on
Loyal Opposition this month too. Last month they had the Longo`s plight with nursing
Carls Big Mac back to health and racing. They have made some nice changes to the magazine!

That's because Langley is the President of the USTA and wants good publicity about Chicago racing. Everyone knows it's " A Dead Game Laddie " in Chicago so he's trying to make people believe it's not.
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 11:49:32 PM »

Here is another outstanding driver. Over 33 million in purse money won to date and over 5000 wins. All this and he missed 7 years of driving because the Johnson's and Langley wouldn't let him drive at their STINKEN racetracks. Well, " BOOM BOOM " is back and winning races again at age 52.

Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 01:51:35 AM »

Just want to say DAVE MAGEE is a first rate human being which is much more important than being a first rate driver.
icare

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 02:07:44 AM »

Dave has more class than any driver or I should say all the drivers put togather, He's a real family man
redneck

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 10:00:18 AM »

Dan

I have issues before PL when Fred Noe was pres. and they still did quite a bit on Illinois racing.
I hope you`re wrong about the dead game thing.

I agree about Marsh he can still drive with the best of them and I`m glad they gave him a second chance, he is still alright in my book.
BIG FAN

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 05:42:57 PM »

Icare and Fillmore I cant agree with you guys more!Maybe our state of affairs would be better if we had more guys like Davey! Smiley
BIG FAN

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 06:06:38 AM »

Saturday night proves that Davey is still the man!5 wins last night and one of them was the 250,000 big one!!!!Keep it up Dave!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: