Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 12:44:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was at Hawthorne for the ILL Derby?  (Read 827 times)
cubfan

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »

has to be the biggest crowd I have seen there in a longggggggggggg time. weather was perfect, fans were "up' to the task.  TIM CAREY AND JIM MILLER ...thanks for a great day.  beer

Your comments?
Report to moderator   Logged
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »

It was nice to see Tom Sr in the winners circle with Tim.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »

great weather, great turnout, awful quality of horseflesh running majority of the card including the ILL derby which was a absolute joke of a race. you had numerous horses in there who hadnt broke their maiden, the one who ran second still hasnt and it was just brutal as a whole in quality all the way around even for a G3. someone here recently said they should shift the race to the fall, if the turnouts gonna be this poor quality wise then i agree. its not just here either tho, the LA derby was pretty damn soft for a million dollar purse. gotta good 3yo, nice money to be made without much competition Smiley
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »

great weather, great turnout, awful quality of horseflesh running majority of the card including the ILL derby which was a absolute joke of a race. you had numerous horses in there who hadnt broke their maiden, the one who ran second still hasnt and it was just brutal as a whole in quality all the way around even for a G3. someone here recently said they should shift the race to the fall, if the turnouts gonna be this poor quality wise then i agree. its not just here either tho, the LA derby was pretty damn soft for a million dollar purse. gotta good 3yo, nice money to be made without much competition Smiley

so what's your F'N point?
Horse Voice

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Ignore him. AFP only crawls out from under his rock to rip on Hawthorne, then claims that he has complaints about AP too -- but doesn't have any time to post those.

May...June...July...August...September. For five months, AP has the wheel. But AFP doesn't have one damn minute to post any complaints about AP. Do you believe that crap? Me neither.

AFP =  BSmeter
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:54:18 PM »

ashtons#1 is apparently paid to dump all over Haw on any occasion.  Wink

Great betting day, even if I did have to do it via a "runner". Thanks Hawthorne and IL horsemen.  thumbs up
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:36 PM »

and thank you hv & f&bt for the explanation
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »

Pardon' (in honor of Florent), I meant to say H&B T
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »

The following just in from a local spy, who reported conditions at the track as, "perfect weather", "huge crowd", "happenin'", "everyone having lots of fun", and "lots of young people I didn't recognize!"

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »

and thank you hv & f&bt for the explanation

yes listen to the two residents who argue with just bout everyone and are never wrong and hawthorne can never do no bad in their eyes and their continual downfall has nothing to do with them making any mistakes. what did i say that was so far off base or untrue? the card was terrible as a whole, maybe 2 other races on the card were worth interest(msw, and 2x)and there were no other stakes on the card even minor ones. was a great day to be at the track regardless, and was real good to see that kinda crowd out there. of course the problem not only locally but nationally is to get them to keep coming regularly.

lol im not paid to bash hawthorne and despite what terry and HV think id like to see them turn it around and not meet the same fate as their neighbor did. i will voicewhat dislikes i have at arlington once the meet begins

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »

yes listen to the two residents who argue with just bout everyone and are never wrong and hawthorne can never do no bad in their eyes and their continual downfall has nothing to do with them making any mistakes.

Oh, right ... just a couple little management tweaks here and there, and Saturday's card could have looked like Travers or Preakness Day.  doh

what did i say that was so far off base or untrue? the card was terrible as a whole, maybe 2 other races on the card were worth interest(msw, and 2x)and there were no other stakes on the card even minor ones.

As I said before, it was a great betting card.
Horse Voice

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »

lol im not paid to bash hawthorne and despite what terry and HV think id like to see them turn it around and not meet the same fate as their neighbor did. i will voicewhat dislikes i have at arlington once the meet begins

You're on!

I have already made a note to keep track of ALL of your posts where you complain about Arlington.

I will print off these posts and place them in the folder of all of your previous complaints about Arlington (you guessed it -- it's empty).

(Anyone out there want to set the line for the number of complaint posts about Arlington that AFP will make in the next meet?)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 12:28:50 AM »

You're on!

I have already made a note to keep track of ALL of your posts where you complain about Arlington.

I will print off these posts and place them in the folder of all of your previous complaints about Arlington (you guessed it -- it's empty).

(Anyone out there want to set the line for the number of complaint posts about Arlington that AFP will make in the next meet?)

To be fair, I think he mentioned a negative thing about AP last summer. Some flower bed not up to standards, or something.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »

horse
    Congrats to the all the participants for the Illinois Derby Day. So happy to see there was a great turn out and who knows....maybe some new racing fans were attending and will come back more often! trophy trophy trophy
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »

The following just in from a local spy, who reported conditions at the track as, "perfect weather", "huge crowd", "happen in'", "everyone having lots of fun", and "lots of young people I didn't recognize!"

Looked great to me.  And picnic tables.  We never get any picnic tables out here.  That would be fun if the weather was nice to be able to spread out the form on and eat junk food without spilling it on your new white shorts.
Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS to Florent Geroux (local rider) and the connections of JOE VANN.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: