Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 04:57:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW Looks Pathetic!  (Read 4178 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:51:10 AM »

As a harness fan and former owner I couldn't help but see BTW as looking pretty pathetic as to topics when I signed on today.
Too bad the #1 harness forum has little content relating to harness racing.
Just my opinion.
Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »

Why don't you add a couple of interesting topics instead of compaining about the lack of them?
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »

As a harness fan and former owner I couldn't help but see BTW as looking pretty pathetic as to topics when I signed on today.
Too bad the #1 harness forum has little content relating to harness racing.
Just my opinion.

As a former owner who ran into a water truck jogging a horse at Maywood, it was pretty pathetic that burton tried to sue the Johnston's.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

As a former owner who ran into a water truck jogging a horse at Maywood, it was pretty pathetic that burton tried to sue the Johnston's.
I would cut you some slack if it was an innocent lie, but you know it's not.
You say you're honest?
Pathetic is more like it.
Is this all you do all day?
It's April 14th.
Only 16 more days until your unemployment check comes.

Who do you like at the BigM tonight Dan?
I want to talk harness racing.
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »

I would cut you some slack if it was an innocent lie, but you know it's not.
You say you're honest?
Pathetic is more like it.
Is this all you do all day?
It's April 14th.
Only 16 more days until your unemployment check comes.

Who do you like at the BigM tonight Dan?
I want to talk harness racing.

Only 4 more days until " Red Rock Station " opens.

Only 11 days until Ray Howard arrives.

Only 24 more days until the next t-bred capping contest at the Southcoast.

Only 22 until Hawthorne opens.

trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »

Only 4 more days until " Red Rock Station " opens.

Only 11 days until Ray Howard arrives.

Only 24 more days until the next t-bred capping contest at the Southcoast.

trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter

Now we're talking greatness !   trotter  TC
tonymfan

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 11:37:11 AM »

I look forward to that meet too, but have a funny feeling about it this year. Hope I am wrong.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 11:48:38 AM »

Hawthorne?HuhHuh??

Won't we be seeing the same lame horse who are currently racing in Chicago?
What will make it better?
tonymfan

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 11:57:31 AM »

Hawthorne?HuhHuh??

Won't we be seeing the same lame horse who are currently racing in Chicago?
What will make it better?

The racing will be the same. Maybe even worse. The usual strong arm methods from Balmoral/Maywood like stabling rules and threats are designed to ruin Hawthorne's meet by depressing entries.

Things to look forward to are the more fan friendly management, a shorter drive for some with less Dan Ryan, and the triumphant return of Team Nance to the Chicago racing scene. I'm worried about the fan friendly aspect with the management turnover. That's where I hope I am wrong. At any rate no surcharge. The return of Team Nance should overshadow everything else. It will on this forum that's guaranteed even if it is a meaningless blip on the national racing radar.
TinCupCorey

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »

doubt it
swoodall

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »

burton

another c*nt with a computer.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »

Swoodall

Did I offend you in someway?
Or are you just one of many nobodies who feel like sombodies when they suck up to Nance?

I've got nothing against you.

Good luck at the BigM next week!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 12:14:31 PM »

The racing will be the same. Maybe even worse. The usual strong arm methods from Balmoral/Maywood like stabling rules and threats are designed to ruin Hawthorne's meet by depressing entries.

Things to look forward to are the more fan friendly management, a shorter drive for some with less Dan Ryan, and the triumphant return of Team Nance to the Chicago racing scene. I'm worried about the fan friendly aspect with the management turnover. That's where I hope I am wrong. At any rate no surcharge. The return of Team Nance should overshadow everything else. It will on this forum that's guaranteed even if it is a meaningless blip on the national racing radar.
TomTonymfan, my cousin Erv owns a costume shop.  He can outfit you at cost on some fake beards and stuff.  He calls it his "Chad Martz Package".  Then, you can attend the Hawthorne cards live.  If spotted w/o the disguise, you face being treated worse (by security) than the guy who broke into the car in the Spk lot and had Geno Oliver sidle up to him - RIP.   trotter  TC
tonymfan

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »

TomTonymfan, my cousin Erv owns a costume shop.  He can outfit you at cost on some fake beards and stuff.  He calls it his "Chad Martz Package".  Then, you can attend the Hawthorne cards live.  If spotted w/o the disguise, you face being treated worse (by security) than the guy who broke into the car in the Spk lot and had Geno Oliver sidle up to him - RIP.   trotter  TC

I can attend any Illinois track or OTB any time I like.
swoodall

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 12:18:44 PM »

burton

BTW doesn't need to look like the USTA's newsroom to reflect harness racing topics.  This is the reason people log on here,  to get the news behind the news.  If you want your topics more generic and boring go to the other websites,  there is nothing wrong with that.  I visit them too every once in a while.
tonymfan

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »

BTW doesn't need to look like the USTA's newsroom to reflect harness racing topics.  This is the reason people log on here,  to get the news behind the news.

Correction. You speak for some people not all.

You might also mention the activities of the forum's resident "journalist" and others as they copy and pastes entire copyrighted articles here. Never any complaints about that.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »

I can attend any Illinois track or OTB any time I like.
Great ! I should have known it was a rumor that you (Tom) were BARRED.  Just don't let poor Chris Ezzo see you in the stands.  Mickey told the other stewards that her blood pressure went up 40 points over coming across so many of those phony workman's comp cards that were traded for cash vouchers that someone used to bet on Tony at 3/5.  I hope to see you there and maybe even have a Falstaff or two.   trotter  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »

burton

BTW doesn't need to look like the USTA's newsroom to reflect harness racing topics.  This is the reason people log on here,  to get the news behind the news.  If you want your topics more generic and boring go to the other websites,  there is nothing wrong with that.  I visit them too every once in a while.
Swoodall
you know that is not what I am referring to.
I want behind the scenes info too.
It's the name calling that gets tired.
Too much Nance/Wendt bs.
i think they might actually be in love with eachother
LOL!
swoodall

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »

Those copyrighted articles are about topics involving harness racing that members want to read,  like cheating and contract issues.  Not bullshit like Randy (race fixer) Tharps winning 6 races at a three legged mule track or great race cards to bet at the Arctic circle.  Tonym I not sure why you won't let this go.  All those posts were intended to annoy Dan.  So don't defend their content as if they had merit on BTW.  We are smarter than that.
tonymfan

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 08:53:36 AM »

Those copyrighted articles are about topics involving harness racing that members want to read,  like cheating and contract issues.  Not bullshit like Randy (race fixer) Tharps winning 6 races at a three legged mule track or great race cards to bet at the Arctic circle.  Tonym I not sure why you won't let this go.  All those posts were intended to annoy Dan.  So don't defend their content as if they had merit on BTW.  We are smarter than that.

Mr. Woodall

Thank your for writing with your concerns. I have a few comments in reply.

First you are very wrong. My posts were not intended to annoy Dan. That was a happy accident as it led to Dan displaying his true colors. My posts were related to an exchange with TC the day before. They were aimed at TC and his fellow dictators of post content. For all Dan's faults he doesn't usually try to tell other posters what to post.

Second you are not the person to lecture other posters on the content of their contributions. Your own such as the recent "Sugar Daddy" thread are consistently among the vilest, most mean-spirited, "rottenest" garbage spewed to this forum. No one really needs to read that. It's the same as if someone said another poster was a disability cheat. It's bullshit. My contributions about drivers are far better than gutter snipe gossip trash like that.

Third and in summary
SHOVE
IT!
Tsunami

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 10:10:09 AM »

SWOODALL&NJHORSEMAN=KNOW IT ALLS
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 09:53:36 PM »

I think tonymfan is one of the BEST posters on this board...  

He doesn't take shit from anyone... 

And he lets people know exactly how he feels... 

We need more like tonymfan on here to balance out the GOOFS who screw up this forum with their babbling bullshit and negative crap-o-la.

tonymfan... a true "esteemed" member of the BTW forum.   

alan d

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 10:06:24 PM »

hey burton congrats on know what  a  fake  dan  is 
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »

I think tonymfan is one of the BEST posters on this board...  

He doesn't take shit from anyone... 

And he lets people know exactly how he feels... 

We need more like tonymfan on here to balance out the GOOFS who screw up this forum with their babbling bullshit and negative crap-o-la.

tonymfan... a true "esteemed" member of the BTW forum.   

Yeah Observer, FIVE  FOR TOM WENDT
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 10:23:43 PM »

Well Hi Dan...  Grin

I would like to wish you a HAPPY EASTER...  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: