Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 06:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yonkers is clueless with a 15,000 guarantee  (Read 768 times)
cheatsandthieves

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

Below is the statement about a 15,000 P4 Guarantee, if they had half a brain they would go to 50,000 on saturday and try to pull as many Meadowland bettors over there, make the races the toughest of the night with the hope of getting some nice payoffs in the 2-5k range. They have 10 weeks to pull some of the bettors over there with something like this, I enjoy the p4 wager and would go 50 to 100 on most nights in it, I have not tried Yonkers and have no intention at 15k, at 50k I would give it a shot. Any other comments.?

Yonkers, NY --- Yonkers Raceway will offer guaranteed Pick 4 pools twice weekly as part of the U.S. Trotting Association's Strategic Wagering program.

Beginning this Saturday (April 9) and continuing each Saturday and Monday at least through the end of the month, the late Pick 4 (races 7 through 10) comes complete with a $15,000 guaranteed pool.

"We're very happy to be a part of the USTA program," general manager Bob Galterio said. "We've attracted the best horses and drivers in our two ongoing series (George Morton Levy and Blue Chip Matchmaker) as well as our overnight races, and we've seen an increase in handle.

"The guaranteed Pick 4 has the potential for a big payout, and we invite all racing fans to take their best shot."

Report to moderator   Logged
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

I AGREE .THATS SAD . BACK IN THE DAY JONKERS GOT $250,OOO IN THE POOL EVERY NIGHT ,IN THE 70-80'S
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »

I'm guessing they are putting up the money they feel safe doing.
You all rip them for a low handle.
It works both ways.
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:38:56 PM »

A $15K guarantee puts them at risk for what,$5K if the program is a complete failure. I agree the best way to attract some of the action that is wandering homeless is with real reward. A $50K guarantee will do it. maybe they should ask the board for a pick 5 , thus negating some risk.

pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »

A $15K guarantee puts them at risk for what,$5K if the program is a complete failure. I agree the best way to attract some of the action that is wandering homeless is with real reward. A $50K guarantee will do it. maybe they should ask the board for a pick 5 , thus negating some risk.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD OFFER THE $50,000 PAYABLE OUT OF HORSEMENS PURSE IF THEY DONT GET $50,000
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

you know Pigman, I see that coming soon. If the horsemen don't see they need to contribute to the efforts, I don't see management giving a hoot either. If the horseman would match the managements commitment and split the $50K guarantee, just an additional $250K in handle would cover both.
 And each day there is a carry over, their risk is greatly reduced.
 They could even get the contest underwritten by lords of London for a %.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »

"Lords of London?"  Grin
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »

"Lords of London?"  Grin
Combination of Lloyd's of London and House of Lord's I guess.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »

you know Pigman, I see that coming soon. If the horsemen don't see they need to contribute to the efforts, I don't see management giving a hoot either. If the horseman would match the managements commitment and split the $50K guarantee, just an additional $250K in handle would cover both.
 And each day there is a carry over, their risk is greatly reduced.
 They could even get the contest underwritten by lords of London for a %.
thumbs up
ryansdad

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »

i have to agree not that much see on mon&tues  thr /fri /sat  should be at least 50 to 100gs
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »

In the New York market, the $15,000 pool guarantee for a pick 4 is like bringing a duck to a *** fight.
This weekend, Aquaduct is offering a $500,000 guaranteed pick 4.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/500kP4WoodDay.shtml
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »

Come on...it's a great business model.   I had a business once and ran it the same way.  I sold no product, had no customer, and have my employees a raise.  Shit, it was brilliant!  I'm just glad NY and PA follow my plan.  They are sure to have long lasting success! 
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »

I forgot to mention...more keys to my success...just like harness racing.

I rewarded my employees who cheated and stole from me.  There was this one person who, in the strange event we actually had a customer purchase something, would simply put the money in his pocket.  He didn't share it with anyone, just kept it all for himself.

Another great thing I did, just like harness racing, I took my best product, you know, the one everyone wanted to see and buy, and hid it.  I put it right in a safe, deep in the basement.  Maybe like having Joch Campbell, the face of the sport, race at a track that has 2 fans that bet $4.  Hells yea!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: