Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 05:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brian Pelling  (Read 2856 times)
deadly breeze

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:57 PM »

Tried this a couple of years ago with no luck. But going to try again. Looking to figure out what happened back in the 80's. He had a stable of 8k-12k claimers at balmoral. Raced at Sportsman's and Hawthorne. Then around '82 stable got really strong with top level horses.(Prince Sharvid Tact Boyden). What caused the change. Better owners I assume. Then busted at Maywood for race fixing and suspended. Later you had Brett Pelling show up at the Meadowlands and had great success. What is the relationship? Did Brett get his horses/Owners? Cannot find much on the internet.
Report to moderator   Logged
baking soda shakes

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »

Tried this a couple of years ago with no luck. But going to try again. Looking to figure out what happened back in the 80's. He had a stable of 8k-12k claimers at balmoral. Raced at Sportsman's and Hawthorne. Then around '82 stable got really strong with top level horses.(Prince Sharvid Tact Boyden). What caused the change. Better owners I assume. Then busted at Maywood for race fixing and suspended. Later you had Brett Pelling show up at the Meadowlands and had great success. What is the relationship? Did Brett get his horses/Owners? Cannot find much on the internet.
  what is brett pelling doing today,,working with sheldon ledford??? laughing guy laughing guy   prince sharvid brings back memories
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »

I remember him from the Meadowlands in the late 70s... he was a claiming wiz, had a nice horse named Illusionist who used to win in 100K claimers, then he disappeared, always wondered what became of him.
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:29 PM »

When I started in '80 he had a small stable of claimers. The best I think was a 25k claimer called Tennessee N. Then in '81 or "82 his stable took off. Won the training title at Sportsman's around '83. And had some really nice New Zealand breds.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »

When I started in '80 he had a small stable of claimers. The best I think was a 25k claimer called Tennessee N. Then in '81 or "82 his stable took off. Won the training title at Sportsman's around '83. And had some really nice New Zealand breds.
I thought he had some top notch stock right when he got to Chicago.
If not I think he had a month or two waiting for the transportation, detentions etc; which were much stricter back then.
But it has been a long time.
I do remember winning some big tickets with him while he had an appeal going on the drug charges.
he was winning with everything before he got tossed.
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:42 PM »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-10-13/news/9510130174_1_racehorses-carriages-stable

Pelling left soon after that fire... and very little has been heard of him since.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »

Totally forgot about that fire.
What a tragedy!
canuhandlethetruth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »

Brian is Bretts father . He does quite well in florida semi retired has a small stable and enjoys fishing on his boat drinking beers and relaxing . All i can say he drives a nice car has a nice boat and nice house all paid for . And welcomes anyone of his friends out with him and will not take a dollar from them for anything .
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-10-13/news/9510130174_1_racehorses-carriages-stable

Pelling left soon after that fire... and very little has been heard of him since.

I had never heard that story. Very sad.
The story says this was in '95. When did he get suspended? I thought it long before then.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:06:53 PM by deadly breeze » Report to moderator   Logged
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

Brian is Bretts father . He does quite well in florida semi retired has a small stable and enjoys fishing on his boat drinking beers and relaxing . All i can say he drives a nice car has a nice boat and nice house all paid for . And welcomes anyone of his friends out with him and will not take a dollar from them for anything .

Always liked him. Would talk to him in the open paddock at Sportman's all the time.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »

Brian raced in California in the mid 70's at Bay Meadows and Los Alimitos. Met him through a mutual acquaintance when I was down a Los Al for some business.

Seemed to be a real gentlemen and told me a funny story about one of his horses that was doing real good at the time. The horse was called Trent. He said he received a call from a person in Illinois who will remain nameless but, offered him a substancial amount at that time for the horse. He said he would sell and didn't think much more about it because he thought the guy might be blowing smoke. Well a couple days later a guy arrives at his barn with a brief case filled with 50 g's cash and Brian said when the guy opened the case his eyes lit up and couldn't believe it.

Always thought he seemed to be a decent guy. I would describe him as relaxed, sort of care free and friendly.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »

Told me at O'Hare airport Shadow Dance was the best pacer in the world. I went on to lose thousands and thousands on him from that point on. True story.

Goodfella horse shoe

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »

Brian Pelling was kind of a snake, but I got along with him ok. NOT the kind of guy you could trust with ANYTHING of value..............LOVED to gamble. beer
emp
The HV

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

What would you like to know about Aussie born  Mr. Brian Pelling? Call him yourself MATE xxxx

YES he did get a BIG group of "better owners"... personally know of them

emp
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:52:21 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged

If you can't succeed, try something else.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

Was Nardoni one of those "bettor owners" ?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »

What would you like to know about Aussie born  Mr. Brian Pelling? Call him yourself MATE xxxx

YES he did get a BIG group of "better owners"... personally know of them

emp
This is not appropriate and should be taken down.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:52:35 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »

Why?
baking soda shakes

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »

no swear words or cutdowns Huh?
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »

He had posted a phone number. Saying it was Pelling's.
TTT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »

Remember that horse. Think his actual name was Young Tennessee N.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 01:34:25 AM »

He had posted a phone number. Saying it was Pelling's.

OK. That is uncalled for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: