Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 09:36:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Levy this Saturday  (Read 2569 times)
deadly breeze

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »

Their are 6 divisions of the Levy this weekend. Each going for 50k. Cannot their be a better way to run this series. Their are numerous horses that have no chance entered. NONE! And this goes on for how many weeks? 5? 6? If you have one of the better horses (Foiled Again River Shark) you will have to go a lot of trips to get to the final. For what? 300K? Run it 3 weeks. lower the purses to 30k and increase the final to $1,000,000. Then you would see all the big boys there. Even some you do not normally see on a half miler. Also, move it back to May when everyone is racing.
Report to moderator   Logged
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »

people enter as they hope to draw into a weak division

if a horse doesn't belong he will be exposed and not entered as he can't earn vs. top horses

$5,000 entry fee and guaranteed entry every week

sternnation

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »

50K 6 WEEKS IN A ROW ...WHERE ELSE? WHAT OTHER TRACK?
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »

move it back to May when everyone is racing.

M1 is closed in April.  Perfect time to run this series.  You need to be able to recognize when things are done logically instead of complaining about everything.

I'm sure you blame Obama for every little thing too.  Oh, wait - so do I!  Cheesy

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »

people enter as they hope to draw into a weak division

if a horse doesn't belong he will be exposed and not entered as he can't earn vs. top horses

$5,000 entry fee and guaranteed entry every week

Was not aware of the entry fee. Must be nice to have 5k to throw away.
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »

M1 is closed in April.  Perfect time to run this series.  You need to be able to recognize when things are done logically instead of complaining about everything.

I'm sure you blame Obama for every little thing too.  Oh, wait - so do I!  Cheesy

I am not complaining. This series always seemed a little strange to me. And it is not being run in April because the Meadowlands is closed. That is the time it is run every year.

I am just throwing some ideas out there. I am trying to get some conversation out there that after 3 post does not turn into Sam is a _________ thread.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »

Another reason for the demise of Harness racing. How can you card a race like this for a dump like Yonkers which caters to line ups. Should have been moved to a mile track where any horse has a fair chance to win. Still won't improve there handle much unless they figure how to put slot money into the mutual pools. INSANE!!!!
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »

Another reason for the demise of Harness racing. How can you card a race like this for a dump like Yonkers which caters to line ups. Should have been moved to a mile track where any horse has a fair chance to win. Still won't improve there handle much unless they figure how to put slot money into the mutual pools. INSANE!!!!

moved the race?

every track has an option to create a series for top older horses, Yonkers picked this one up from Roosevelt

with the purses they always draw some nice horses

Yonkers stepped up to the plate here
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »

they stepped up but the race is biased to inside posts and speed. Mile track plays fairer to all. Maybe the USTA could step up to the plate since they doing nothing and try and move the race to a level playing field.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »

they stepped up but the race is biased to inside posts and speed. Mile track plays fairer to all. Maybe the USTA could step up to the plate since they doing nothing and try and move the race to a level playing field.
The USTA has nothing to do with setting up a race series, the purses for the races or the track the series is raced at.
Yonkers is not owned by the USTA.
Gonna blame this on Stan Bergstein?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »

Was not aware of the entry fee. Must be nice to have 5k to throw away.
When you look at it, it's really not throwing 5K away.
We entered Jetty, and I don't think she will be in the final, but a couple of good checks can earn a great deal of cash.
Three 4th's will get you 12K.
One 2nd will get you 12.5K
So we figured to take a shot and hope to draw the inside on most of the legs.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »

We entered Jetty, and I don't think she will be in the final, but a couple of good checks can earn a great deal of cash.
John what was the story when Jetty got a positive last year at Chester and had to return the purse?
deadly breeze

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »

Well I wish you the best. And I am being sincere. Your logic makes sense.
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »

John what was the story when Jetty got a positive last year at Chester and had to return the purse?
No story, We moved on.
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »

Well I wish you the best. And I am being sincere. Your logic makes sense.
Drew the 4 hole in the 10th race !
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »

No story, We moved on.
You "moved on" by retaining the trainer who got the positive which resulted in a forfeit of the purse?
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »

You "moved on" by retaining the trainer who got the positive which resulted in a forfeit of the purse?
Yes, we decided to stay with the same trainer.
The only one we have had in 7 years.
Everyone deserves a second chance !!!
Even you, although I don't fully agree.
yeast

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »

Your trainor is batting 112 udrs at Meadowlands not much better elsewhere.  Yetty is pretty much an autotoss in these races. 
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »

Your trainor is batting 112 udrs at Meadowlands not much better elsewhere.  Yetty is pretty much an autotoss in these races. 
We shall see !
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:41 AM »

Yes, we decided to stay with the same trainer.
The only one we have had in 7 years.
Everyone deserves a second chance !!!
Even you, although I don't fully agree.

Very well. That's your decision.
Thanks for answering my question.
I appreciate it.
Good to have real facts and not "stories".
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »

Drolet was the leading trainer in Noo Yawk for much of the mid-70s when he trained Herve's stable (stakes horses and classified stock, as well as claimers); if memory serves, he thereafter trained Dauplaise's barn and then went out on his own, with great success all the way along and no big suspensions that I can recall.  He also happens to be a very good guy, anyone who has him for a trainer is lucky.  Every trainer's going to pick up a positive if he has enough horses and stays in the game long enough, but Drolet's record in the pre-juice days speaks for itself.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:05:39 AM by McElwyns Danger » Report to moderator   Logged
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »

Very well. That's your decision.
Thanks for answering my question.
I appreciate it.
Good to have real facts and not "stories".

You are a pompous ass who knows nothing Burton. John could buy and sell you ten times over and we both forgot more about racing then you will ever know. Please get the last word in again you tool.  bowing bowing bowing
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 07:05:30 AM »

Drolet was the leading trainer in Noo Yawk for much of the mid-70s when he trained Herve's stable (stakes horses and classified stock, as well as claimers); if memory serves, her thereafter trained Dauplaise's barn and then went out on his own, with great success all the way along and no big suspensions that I can recall.  He also happens to be a very good guy, anyione who has him for a trainer is lucky.  Every trainer's going to pick up a positive if he has enough horses and stays in the game long enough, but Drolet's record in the pre-juice days speaks for itself. 

Sorry to say this but Drolet could not buy a win at the Meadowlands until a few years ago when he suddenly started to win again. he also trained for his brother Claude if memory serves me and my friend Linda is married to Claude.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:55 AM »

You are a pompous ass who knows nothing Burton. John could buy and sell you ten times over and we both forgot more about racing then you will ever know. Please get the last word in again you tool.  bowing bowing bowing
Better work on your math my friend.
You have no idea.
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 07:10:06 AM »

This is true... his win pct. at the Meadowlands has certainly not been what it was in NY in the old days, when the words "Drolet dropdown" invariably meant money, and often decent prices to boot.  Then again, his stock ain't what it used to be, though he did pretty well with Boiler Bob The QB this past meet, a stone closer who always seems to get stuck behind the inevitable dead outside flow.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: