Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: arlington racing club ARC card  (Read 2577 times)
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »

So they go from offering effectively a season pass and parking pass for $90 to offering a half price admission voucher with a few garbage throw-ins for $70? How does that work? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their old system was 'too popular'. Anything that discourages people in the plant and live handle can't be a good thing.
Just thought of it , This sounds like a PSL you pay money up front for the right to buy a ticket. Ha Ha
t
Report to moderator   Logged
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »

I wonder if the plan is to lower attendance to show how much they need slots? Could it also be a way to increase use of Twin Spires? I know a couple people that were in the ARC club that will not be going to AP on a regular basis but stay at home.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

From the standpoint of normal humans who visit the track maybe a couple times a month as entertainment, the $70 deal might seem more attractive than a $100 deal.

For the abnormal humans who pretty much live at the track all summer, maybe AP is thinking you should probably wager enough to qualify for Bronze level club rating and get your free admission that way, or if you're not really wagering that much but just using the track as a teen hangout, pay a little admission so they can afford to pay help to clean up after you and keep the flowers pretty. 
DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »

From the standpoint of normal humans who visit the track maybe a couple times a month as entertainment, the $70 deal might seem more attractive than a $100 deal.

For the abnormal humans who pretty much live at the track all summer, maybe AP is thinking you should probably wager enough to qualify for Bronze level club rating and get your free admission that way, or if you're not really wagering that much but just using the track as a teen hangout, pay a little admission so they can afford to pay help to clean up after you and keep the flowers pretty. 

Bingo. We have a winner.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »

Right, I do have a pass already so if I were to join the ARC club it would be as an extra pass. I can either buy an extra ticket 5 times and pay the 40 dollars or I can get 5 free passes for 70 dollars. Seems like a bad deal to me.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »

Right, I do have a pass already so if I were to join the ARC club it would be as an extra pass. I can either buy an extra ticket 5 times and pay the 40 dollars or I can get 5 free passes for 70 dollars. Seems like a bad deal to me.

5 free passes AND 10 parking upgrades.  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

But this raises a question - if someone was buying the pass as an extra for friends and family, and only intended to use 5 events all season anyhow, why on earth would they spend $99 on the old ARC program? That makes even less sense than spending $70 to do it.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »

No Terry I was planning to use it more then 5 times.  Stop piss*ng on my leg and tell me it's raining.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »

No Terry I was planning to use it more then 5 times.  Stop piss*ng on my leg and tell me it's raining.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Tell it like it is girl.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »

No Terry I was planning to use it more then 5 times. 

So why create an example where you were only going to go 5 times and pay the $40?
DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »

So why create an example where you were only going to go 5 times and pay the $40?

Because then her argument doesnt make sense
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »

Because then her argument doesnt make sense

Well, the new deal is NOT as good a deal for someone who goes 3 or 4 times a week all season long, that's for sure. I just think this new plan is designed to appeal to the more casual customer, who splits his/her leisure hours over the summer with other forms of entertainment. I'm confident someone at AP ran the numbers for what's happened and who has attended in the past two years, and what they are trying to accomplish this year and overall, all balanced against what they can afford, and came up with what they did for this year.

If, for instance, the old plan was designed to convince the light users to attend more often but all it really did was cut down admission revenues from people who were pretty much going to attend all the time anyhow, or if the old plan totally killed the Friday Miller Party in the Park deal where people would attend religiously to get that free pass for next year, well, that's not a plan that's accomplishing much of a goal, and it's time for a change. Lacking any actual statement of what they are trying to do this year and why the plan changed, it's all kind of hard to tell.
Ghostjones

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »

Interesting...

http://www.arlingtonpark.com/visit/arlington-racing-club/arlington-racing-club-frequently-asked-questions

knocking 20% off memberships if you buy them by 4/15

and they apparently did not get rid of the ARC tables  Smiley

Ghostjones

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »

I had to call to get this....to get the 20% off online for a single membership enter:

ARCSINGLE

in the promo box when checking out.

For family:

ARCFAMILY

Scav

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »

Well said, Bronze level is 25k on the year, or 12k in a quarter.

So if you were to qualify for Bronze just for betting onsite Arlington you would have to average $291 wagered per day onsite.

If you were to just do it via the 3rd quarter (July/August/September), you just need $227 per day.
thearmada

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

Does anyone know if you can use the 5 free admissions for other people or does it just have to be yourself using them if you buy the single membership?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: