Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 20, 2014, 08:42:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: arlington racing club ARC card  (Read 2594 times)
orioles

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »

Huh Just went to the AP web site to see what the deal was this year. Take a peek lets see what everybody thinks. Did they louse it up this year.
Report to moderator   Logged
pari mutual

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:29:02 PM »

Appears those IT morons from Louisville struck again--tried 2 computers and three search engines--won't let me in.
pari mutual

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »

OK--Finally got in. If this was the first year being offered, I'd say looks good. Unfortunately compared to last years it is piss poor, especially if you attend often.
Appears the special seating areas   are gone which is a poor decision. You do get 2 or 4 free upgrades to boxes,but they will almost surely be in sections F and G.  At least the fam price is significantly lower than last year,and there are small discounts on the overpriced Levy cuisine. Looks like everyone pays for programs.

With gas price, this is the wrong change at the wrong time. Can bet at home and order a good pizza get free brisnet and save admission , program and fuel costs rather than pay "half price"
nwaryas

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »

Boycott Arlington Park!
pari mutual

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

No Nick. We need to support our product both at AP and Hawthorne. But we can do that without being at the track each day
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »

They can't even update to say they are running Wednesdays, Friday thru Saturday.

These updates are the most retarded thing I have ever seen. The easiet way to alienate people is to take away something that they originially had.

I'll say this, Arlington is, at the very least, trying. THey have been having focus groups for the last two months where local management has sat down and had lunch with alot of the bigger players. I've heard some interesting things have come out of it, but we will see what happens.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »

Who would have thought it would be AP fans eventually doing the "bashing"?

Times are tough. There's a recession on. Everyone has to share in the sacrifice. Builds character. Live within their means. Tighten the belt. Good for America.  

flag flag flag

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »

Huh Just went to the AP web site to see what the deal was this year. Take a peek lets see what everybody thinks. Did they louse it up this year.

I finally went to look, and didn't get past page 1.

Yes, that blue and yellow Mr. D's ad is a monstrosity, but really, how can you get past the Mr. D's bargains, $3 domestic bottles, $4 24oz MGD drafts, and $0.35 hot wings? Damn the torpedos for what happens in May, if I lived closer and it didn't cost $15 in gas to get there and back, I'd visit NOW.

Spring Training is HERE!
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »

Our trainers are going to Oaklawn...

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »

What a joke.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:42 AM »

News for you Terry, the recession ended about 8 months ago!!!   I know it still feels like we are in a recession with your boy running the show, therefore, I will have to forgive your mistake!
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »

screwy  If its not broke lets break it. In a downturn economy lets do something to bring people out. People still want to go out and have a little fun. Just give them a good deal. St Pat nite the bars in Arl Hts and Rolling Meadows were busy. Trackside maybe 10 people. No deals no Advertisement no nothing. People walk in and ask if there is a restaurant in here. How dumb is that.
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 07:43:45 AM »

the northern district   did not   give  CDI   the impact  surcharge 

meanwhile
in the comptrollers  office  a fly on the wall   overheard  these words 

"chief ,  how do  we  spell

"losses from discontinued  operations"  ? "

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »

bang head How about losses for stupidly run operations
Horse Voice

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »

News for you Terry, the recession ended about 8 months ago!!!   I know it still feels like we are in a recession with your boy running the show, therefore, I will have to forgive your mistake!

Please, PLEASE, motto -- send me just a wee bit of what you are smoking, so I can forget the ginormous hole Dubya got us into --one which we may never get out of.

(What, Obama was supposed to fix Dubya's mess -- that took EIGHT years to make -- in only TWO years?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy)
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »

OK--Finally got in. If this was the first year being offered, I'd say looks good. Unfortunately compared to last years it is piss poor, especially if you attend often.

So they go from offering effectively a season pass and parking pass for $90 to offering a half price admission voucher with a few garbage throw-ins for $70? How does that work? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their old system was 'too popular'. Anything that discourages people in the plant and live handle can't be a good thing.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »

News for you Terry, the recession ended about 8 months ago!!!   I know it still feels like we are in a recession with your boy running the show, therefore, I will have to forgive your mistake!

Just a symptom of how bad this recession your boy got us into really was, starting 13 months before he left office!

(And yes, like all other economic ills, this deal with the watered down ARC is ultimately Dubya's fault.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy )
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:31:15 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »

I am not hear to talk politics and double talk, you said we are still in a recession.  I was simply pointing out your mistake, as I don't want to see you look foolish talking about a recession that ended long ago.  I did not know it would take 6 more years to turn the country around, but thanks for the information!   I am a rich republican so I can wait with little trouble I just hope the less fortunate people can wait 6 more years.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 08:47:19 AM »

I am not hear to talk politics and double talk, you said we are still in a recession.  I was simply pointing out your mistake

You could have done that without any comment at all about any president or double talk about who is to blame, but instead, you chose to go further and make it a political discussion and try to lay that blame.

I did not know it would take 6 more years to turn the country around, but thanks for the information!   I am a rich republican so I can wait with little trouble I just hope the less fortunate people can wait 6 more years.

Oops! Even more political comments. You seem to be unable to help yourself.
DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »

So they go from offering effectively a season pass and parking pass for $90 to offering a half price admission voucher with a few garbage throw-ins for $70? How does that work? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their old system was 'too popular'. Anything that discourages people in the plant and live handle can't be a good thing.

It blows my mind that all these supposed fans of live racing, continue to *** and moan
about spending a few dollars for admission and a program. Obviously you're not wagering enough, or they would give it to you for free, ya think? So if the steakhouse down the street offers a 2 for 1 dinner promotion, they are obligated to keep that same promotion every year? Maybe Arlington and all tracks should just have free admission, free programs, free food, free seats, free gift shop, and maybe free massages after your bad beats too? Let me guess, you complain about the prices at sporting events too? Guess what? That's the price of doing business. This is 2011, not 1960. Geesh.

Ed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »

That may be  the cost of going out of business. Or, maybe AP wants to have a bad meet . . . . . more justification for slots.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »

That may be  the cost of going out of business. Or, maybe AP wants to have a bad meet . . . . . more justification for slots.

Or maybe their costs are up and the gambling revenues down, and like everyone they're trying to make ends meet.

I fully expect that when I walk into Comiskey Park this season with my overpriced $42 ticket for a week night game against nobody special I will find the price of everything else higher at the ballpark, too.
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »

So Terry, you trhink thi move will increase revenues?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »

So Terry, you trhink thi move will increase revenues?

I really don't know. I don't run a racetrack. The track's bottom line is not my responsibility. When you see them nickle and diming like this (plus some of the other moves), it's got to be serious out there.

I DO know that when Haw downgraded their rebate scheme for bettors of my magnitude, it seriously discouraged me from making as many visits as I used to. There really is substance to the idea of people not liking it when you take something away from them after they have gotten used to it.

But hey, this new program DOES give you five (5) totally free admissions, plus the 10 preferred parkings, so add those up - that's like a $75 value right there paying for the entire cost of the program, and that's on top of as many half-price visits as you can possibly make. So think about it that way.     
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »

I just had another thought on this issue, and it relates to what Scav said about the focus groups with bigger players, the whole picture of various AP cutbacks, and my own previous experience at Hawthorne with less rewards for smaller players but more for the larger. Perhaps AP, too, has chosen to focus more of its rewards and goodies on the players who put more handle through the windows. So, that's the AP rumor I am starting right this instant - if you see less rewards, less Vegas trips, and a scaled back ARC card for you, the every day player, blame it on the big guys and their never-ending clamor for more, more, more.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: