Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 04:14:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sat Coffee Break 02  (Read 454 times)
wilderness

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »

http://www.mi-harness.net/SBreds/Mystery.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:26:20 PM by wilderness » Report to moderator   Logged

Regards Don
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:41:41 AM »

The little girl in pic 2 looks like June Allyson.
Report to moderator   Logged
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »

June Allyson was born in 1917, which would have made her about 45YO at the time of this photo.

BTW, I saw an older June Allyson on Johnny Carson in the late-1960's or early-1970's.
 Wearing hot-pants and exposing her cleavage, which was hardly her modus operandi during her film career Wink

Regards Don
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:57:51 AM »

Are you sure the couple in #1 are married?
He looks like an old "Hoss" trainer, and she looks like she is much younger, and just came from the beauty parlor.

Are you testing our memories? Checking to see who is paying attention. I think you have put these pictures up before.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:08:40 AM »

Are you testing our memories? Checking to see who is paying attention. I think you have put these pictures up before.

looking ,
            In this renewal of "Coffee Break"  I included an explanation/request that said something like: Some of these pic have been sent to those in my local email groups, if you're in one of these groups, please exclude yourself from this amusement.

As regards to you (or your Mrs.), I haven't had a functioning email for some while (everything gets returned).

The age difference between the couple caught my eye as well, however if you look closer you'll see that she is not that much younger than he, just more striking.

Regards Don
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

myST001.jpg—MayanHanoverMrMrsCloydColbath
August 1963 Hoof Beats
Mayan Hanover, center, top winner at Hinsdale Raceway this year is shown with her owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cloyd Colbath, of Bangor, Maine. The reigning queen of pacers in winning six of her first 10 has never been the favorite on the tote board.

myST002.jpg—MindyMindyMiller
July 1964 Hoof Beats
Mindy and Mindy get together at Northfield Park. Mindy the horse is a two-year-old Gene Abbe pacing filly owned by Vince Miller, Sr., Fremont, O., and the winner of her first two starts with a record of 2:10h. Mindy the little girl is the granddaughter of Vince Miller, Sr.

myST003.jpg—MrJonesJohnMongeonCameo
August 1964 Hoof Beats
Mr. Jones and John Mongeon

myST004.jpg—OldEntranceColesCountyFair
September 1963 Hoof Beats
Before the extensive "face-lifting" operation at  the Coles County Fair in Charleston, Ill., the entrance presented a run-down, weather­beaten appearance to the fair visitor.

myST005.jpg—PoconoDowsGroundbreaking
July 1963 Hoof Beats
Ground breaking for Pocono Downs Raceway took place in Luzerne county, Pa., and was well attended by dignitaries including Victor Dieham, president, Ross D. Miller, vice president and general manager along with other directors of the Anthracite Raceway, Inc. The Raceway will include a five-eighth mile race track and a training track of the some size. It will house 1200 horses and accommodate 25,000 patrons. Estimated cost is about ten million.

Regards Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: