Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 08:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Hankins  (Read 5180 times)
sleepless

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:12:34 AM »

Heard tonight that the Ol tanker was let go from his California job.  Anybody know anything about it?
Report to moderator   Logged
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:44:21 AM »

The old saying is "where there's smoke there's fire."   Point is, I too head 'something about this' when my wife and I were at Cal Expo for a visit a week and a half ago.     Kim was to drive in a amateur race that night and was a 'late scratch.'   Something was and is amiss.   Kim's always been a decent guy to me, and we wish him well.....whatever the case may be.   I know he went to California with high expectations and great enthusiasm for his new position.   I e-mailed him and have not received a response.   Hope all will be well with him and that we'll soon know the facts, or as commentator Paul Harvey would say, "The rest of the story........"
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »

Those with integrity issues need not apply. That's what the OL' TANKER posted on this forum.

Maybe the OL' TANKER was too clean for the crooks at Cal Fixpo.
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:14:11 AM »

Those with integrity issues need not apply. That's what the OL' TANKER posted on this forum.

Maybe the OL' TANKER was too clean for the crooks at Cal Fixpo.

Dan - What percentage of those involved in harness racing (from the bottom to the top) do you suspect are doing something illicit in the game?

Monster Mile
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:28:39 AM »

Dan - What percentage of those involved in harness racing (from the bottom to the top) do you suspect are doing something illicit in the game?

Chicago.... 5%

Cal Expo..... 50%

The Big M...... 2%
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:30:01 AM »

Chicago.... 5%

Cal Expo..... 50%

The Big M...... 2%

I always suspected Cal-X was a dump, but it sounds worse than I ever suspected.

Monster Mile
Armonsol

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »

the last two legs of the Bal-Cal Fix four looked a little shifty last night, as always.
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »

the last two legs of the Bal-Cal Fix four looked a little shifty last night, as always.

Could you tell that Scott E. was pissed with the drive he got with his horse last night. Four different times he paused calling the race. He must have been turning off the mic swearing his ass off between calls.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »

I always suspected Cal-X was a dump, but it sounds worse than I ever suspected.
Cal Expo's game has always been "lineups" rather than good, expensive chemistry.  Once you're in the clique, you're allowed to go to the Sacramento Pancake House on race mornings to get in on those lineups taking place that evening.  The drivers out there are shadier than a string of elm trees in the forest.   trotter  TC
tonymfan

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 11:41:20 AM »

Cal Expo's game has always been "lineups" rather than good, expensive chemistry.  Once you're in the clique, you're allowed to go to the Sacramento Pancake House on race mornings to get in on those lineups taking place that evening.  The drivers out there are shadier than a string of elm trees in the forest.   trotter  TC

They must take turns, because I couldn't find any big nights from any one driver. I'll keep an eye on it.
Armonsol

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:57 AM »

Could you tell that Scott E. was pissed with the drive he got with his horse last night. Four different times he paused calling the race. He must have been turning off the mic swearing his ass off between calls.
Yes, you could tell he was pissed, no doubt about it.  I didn't realize that was why, but you are right.
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »

Yes, you could tell he was pissed, no doubt about it.  I didn't realize that was why, but you are right.

Nothing gets passed me. Scott E. was steaming with the drive he got last night. You could tell in his voice while calling the race.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49:17 PM »

Only here could a $9 and $12 winner be construed as "shifty."

Last night the track was DEAD front.  The furthest any winner was off at the three-quarters was about a length.  If you picked up on this fact, and can trip handicap at all, it should've lead to a profitable night.

On a side note, FRANKTHE BANK in the 10th broke the bias, and with a better draw position next week -- should be one to watch.  Wojcio has been hot as of late, and he'll definitely be on him next week.

Finally, I sincerely hope that Mooney allows his 3yo colt Celebrity Surfer to come trot out East.  He's already the holder of the 2yo and 3yo track records at Expo, and has been pounding the high condition levels the past couple weeks.  Hopefully he'll join "Laura Lane N" on the bus out to East Rutherford.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

Only here could a $9 and $12 winner be construed as "shifty."

Last night the track was DEAD front.  The furthest any winner was off at the three-quarters was about a length.  If you picked up on this fact, and can trip handicap at all, it should've lead to a profitable night.

On a side note, FRANKTHE BANK in the 10th broke the bias, and with a better draw position next week -- should be one to watch.  Wojcio has been hot as of late, and he'll definitely be on him next week.

Finally, I sincerely hope that Mooney allows his 3yo colt Celebrity Surfer to come trot out East.  He's already the holder of the 2yo and 3yo track records at Expo, and has been pounding the high condition levels the past couple weeks.  Hopefully he'll join "Laura Lane N" on the bus out to East Rutherford.

Best,
EW

This thread is about THE OL' TANKER. If you know so much about Cal Fixpo then tell us what happened to the OL' TANKER.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »

This thread is about THE OL' TANKER. If you know so much about Cal Fixpo then tell us what happened to the OL' TANKER.

I'm aware of the situation, and I assume it'll be aired here shortly.  Not my place, however.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
mymymy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:14:03 PM »

edwardwilliam,
If you are going to derail a thread at least mention, Ledford, or how Dan got railroaded out of the business by the Gestapo. Don't you have any BTW etiquette?
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

edwardwilliam,
If you are going to derail a thread at least mention, Ledford, or how Dan got railroaded out of the business by the Gestapo. Don't you have any BTW etiquette?

Dan didn't get railroaded out of the business by the gestapo so don't post that I did. Dan retired for the reasons I mentioned in the other topic.

The gestapo didn't do jack shit to Dan. The gestapo awarded Dan the " Beat Barn Award " in 1989.

Dan didn't have a problem with management EVER in his career, so get that straight right here and now.

Dan hates the gestapo and management because they RUINED Chicago harness racing. I have no hate for the gestapo because of anything they did to me personally because they NEVER did anything to me personally.

Dan is pissed at Doc for telling Joe B. I have integrity issues because he knows better.

NOW DOES THAT CLEAR A FEW THINGS UP?   
tonymfan

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 01:26:11 PM »

The gestapo awarded Dan the " Beat Barn Award " in 1989.

Did you play bongos and recite bad poetry at the Beat Barn?

I have new respect for Dan in the HOF balloting.
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »

Did you play bongos and recite bad poetry at the Beat Barn?

I have new respect for Dan in the HOF balloting.

Your man Morgan won the award for the " dirtyest gymshoe " award.
Dan Nance

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 01:32:51 PM »

Dan didn't get railroaded out of the business by the gestapo so don't post that I did. Dan retired for the reasons I mentioned in the other topic.

The gestapo didn't do jack shit to Dan. The gestapo awarded Dan the " Beat Barn Award " in 1989.

Dan didn't have a problem with management EVER in his career, so get that straight right here and now.

Dan hates the gestapo and management because they RUINED Chicago harness racing. I have no hate for the gestapo because of anything they did to me personally because they NEVER did anything to me personally.

Dan is pissed at Doc for telling Joe B. I have integrity issues because he knows better.

P.S.
      The gestapo did railroad my brother out of the business for 10 years with 9 phony M99 positives so they could let the " Hall Of fame " trainer get away with 52 cloudy tests. 
tonymfan

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »

Your man Morgan won the award for the " dirtyest gymshoe " award.

It is spelled "dirtiest". Thought you might want to know.

Did you ever notice Tony doing anything like putting the salad fork on the wrong side of a plate at a table setting?
Dan Nance

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »

I heard they railroaded Morgan out of Chicago too.
tonymfan

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 01:47:43 PM »

I heard they railroaded Morgan out of Chicago too.

You hear a lot of things. The doctors have a name for that condition.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 02:29:30 PM »

It is spelled "dirtiest". Thought you might want to know.

Did you ever notice Tony doing anything like putting the salad fork on the wrong side of a plate at a table setting?
I'll guarantee you Tony wouldn't know a salad fork from a dinner fork.  John Campbell and Mike LaChance know the difference though...and I don't even care for LaChance personally.  All Tony knows are mangy dogs, beat-up pick-up trucks, and dirty gym shoes.  The highest he ever aspired is "Quack 101" by doing those illegal throat surgeries, where he lied to owners vis a vis recovery time, just to line his greedy pockets. Tony makes Jed Clampett look like william F. Buckley - LOL  trotter  TC
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 02:38:46 PM »

I hope that what I heard the reason for Kim's dismissal is not true.  Very, very disturbing if found to be true.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: