Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 01:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kyle kaenel  (Read 2485 times)
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:04:04 PM »

im surprised he didnt get the chances in the short time he was here. was riding1 maybe 2 at most in a day and wasnt really getting on live horses. what other bug that has come here since zoe was a bug has really been above average on the track? ive watched this kid ride quite a bit and altho it was on the lesser TUP circuit he does have some talent. what really confuses me is that the past few years bug riders with mediocre to average talent were gettin the chances and no1 really seemed to wanna give this kid a shot. well hes been in ny for a little while and i hope he makes it, tim thorton shoulda stayed there while he had his chance last year and was doing fairly well there.
Report to moderator   Logged
Thomas Graham

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 11:13:52 PM »

AFP#1

I have a question for you and please don't take this as a knock, but it seems to me that you spend an awful lot of time writing about jockeys and not a whole lot about the horses.

Going back over the couple of years I've been lurking and posting somewhat minimally, I recaqll an awful lot of posts about the jockey colony and this rider vs. that rider, etc.

IMO, The jock is a piece of the puzzle in the game, but a small piece.

So the question is: Why do you put so much stock in the jockey, or perhaps why do you care so much about the jock standings or this jock vs. that jock, etc?

TJG
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 11:19:57 PM »

well i see it as 85% horse 15% jock thomas but sometimes that 15% means the difference between winning and losing does it not. i do pay close attention to the way the jocks ride! youre correct tho i do post alot about jocks but i post alot about horses, announcers,racetracks and other things involving the game..........justa huge fan of the game overall! cmon how many times on here was i postin about paddys spy or humor at last or other horses and races?lol alotta my posts here early on were personal becuz some people got offended if i even said anything remotely negative about hawthorne. no offense taken whatsoever
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 11:24:04 PM »

1 thing i will add thomas is that jockeys dont get the overall respect they do deserve, most dont care about em including alotta trainers but without them this game wouldnt go and lol degenerate gamblers would have no1 to blame their wagering losses on
Thomas Graham

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 09:04:38 AM »

fair enough.  thanks for the response. 
TommyCh

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 01:42:17 PM »

Two cents. afitzpatrick's posts with a jockey theme sure beat the profanity-laced, paranoid outbursts of John Frank. At least they deal with the game.

And I know more than a few guys who play the jockey angle heavily, so it's always interesting.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:38:18 PM »

Actually, John (Ashton) is a horse owner so his interests cover most aspects of racing.  Being a fellow paddock dweller, I, too, follow the jocks in Chicago and everywhere else because I find them to be an interesting piece of the racing scene.  Before Kyle got injured at Turf Paradise, he was supposed to come to Arlington and was expected to make a big splash here as he had done well in Arizona.

Keep writing about the jocks, John, I enjoy your views.
Thomas Graham

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 03:56:30 PM »

John (Ashton), I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you stop writing about jocks --- I was just inquiring about your fascination with them, given your screen name and posts.

It seems I am being taken to task by Dan and Tommy, so I just wanted to re-iterate that I was not criticizing, just asking.

Indeed, keep it up and to echo Tommy, I'd rather read 100 posts about jockeys than one obscenity-laden diatribe by John Frank.
TommyCh

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:37:36 PM »

Thomas Graham, not taking you to task at all. In fact, I share your curiosity about those who put a great deal of stock in the jockey's performance. At the upper level tracks, I tend to disregard the jockeys. Except in the case of say, the third or fourth favorite: "Can this jockey make him better, ride him well enough to get second or maybe first?" There are a few I don't like in that regard. And when a jockey is hot, I'm thinking he's in a decision-making zone. I do pay attention to the jockey-upgrade angle, for sure. Unfortunately, at Hawthorne or Arlington, the obvious jockey/trainer combinations can seal the deal ahead of time.

But it sure is funny how so many people develop such deep hatred or love for particular jockeys. I know guys who hate Bailey.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 10:29:25 PM »

Kyle was coming off an injury...He was working horses to get fit here...I dont blame trainers for waiting a bit before using him...Then he supposedly went to New York..I didnt care enough to se if he went there or if he is doing well..

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 05:05:07 PM »

won 2 races today at the big a
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 05:25:06 PM »

people can hate bailey all they want but the fact is he proved hes the best again this year! i dont understand why some people do disreguard jocks completely in races, for example randy meiers a good veteran rider whos won alotta races but would you really feel confident putting your money on him on a horse that comes from outta the clouds? also thanks dan for the kind comments!!!!!!!
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 08:50:29 AM »

Glad some owners have respect for the riders and thier position!  Definitely a hard job.

In my own opinion, a jockey doesn't make a good horse win, but I have seen a few jockeys make a good horse lose.  I'm not particularly biased, I do not own, I do not gamble.  Just my opinion. 

I agree, keep up the posts Ashton, glad to see you are posting what you feel is important.   Wink
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 10:20:12 AM »

I thought it was a great move for him.  With the AQU meet + the MED meet at night, across the river, it was a great chance for a lot of exposure.  More and better horses to ride and work out.  Better purses to shoot at and a chance at getting in with some decent stables.  They love to use apprentices out there, this year I'd see 2 of 3 in some races.  A couple years ago, there were a couple races with 5 or 6 of them in the same race!  With the AQU Inner Dirt meet coming soon and the 'big name' riders moving elsewhere, some better mounts overall will free up, he'll move higher up the 'food chain'.  Show what he can do for the ones that stay at AQU with their first strings, and the better stables that keep a 2nd and/or 3rd string there.  Build some bridges for the future.  Plenty of strong, well experienced riders he can learn from while he's been there.  Hard to believe it takes the Baileys, Velazquez's , Prado's etc. going away so that the Aaron Gryder's, the Mike Luzzi's, the Richard Migliore's and many others can better show their talents.  The move worked pretty well for Raphael Bejarano last year, some people actually had doubts whether he could ride in NY! 
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 04:18:20 PM »

The jockeys are how I get some of my long shots.  I saw Hoverson on a 25/1 horse at Hastings on Sunday.  Bet that horse to win and it was beautiful to see.  Stayed at 25/1 too!  Yes!
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 04:24:10 PM »

thanks again for the kind comments! steve youre right they do like to use the bug in NY alot, even roberto villafan got mounts there but quickly learned once the bug was gone it wasnt his circuit to be on. i disagree with you somewhat tho, mike luzzi shows his talent all year long he just doesnt have the"big" horses so he doesnt get noticed. this guy makes some of the smartest, most patient rides youll ever see majority of the time win or lose
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: