Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 04:26:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shame on Hawthorne  (Read 2551 times)
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »

My apologies for working a 15 hour day yesterday and not answering your post more quickly.

I don't know for certain but based upon what I am reading, the problem could be in what you say here.  And it's not a horse racing problem but a problem everywhere.  I've been working 50 - 60 hours a week for 2 0 3 years and know many others who do the same.  People get burned out doing this for too long and that is when mistakes happen.

I've been pushing management to give me more help and finally, finally, I got two new resources.   Now I know I could be way off base but perhaps the Throne has been running too lean for too long.  The economy has changed and the company I work for is doing great.  Great enough for me to get two new people.

Has the Throne been more profitable?  Have they added enough staff to handle the work that is needed?   

Report to moderator   Logged

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

They should say they are sorry for the horrid product they have putting out the past few weeks. The whole industry in the state should be embarrassed.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »

They should say they are sorry for the horrid product they have putting out the past few weeks. The whole industry in the state should be embarrassed.

Outside of not running in the winter, what can they do?  The Illinois situation is so bad that they just cannot get the horses.  The spring has always been a bad time for getting numbers of horses.  By the end of the month, the winter tracks will be slowing down and closing and things should improve for the last month of Hawthorne.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:52 PM »

I'm sorry I have to watch these bad horses with bad jockeys every Wednesday,Friday and Saturday......gentleman start the incinerator
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:48 PM »

I'm sorry I have to watch these bad horses with bad jockeys every Wednesday,Friday and Saturday......gentleman start the incinerator

Rather than pissing and moaning, why don't you open up that wallet of yours and buy some quality race horses, bring them to IL. and race them? Or you could just keep making stupid comments, showing how very little you know about anything that has to do with the business of racing. Yeah, that's what I figured.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

Rather than pissing and moaning, why don't you open up that wallet of yours and buy some quality race horses, bring them to IL. and race them? Or you could just keep making stupid comments, showing how very little you know about anything that has to do with the business of racing. Yeah, that's what I figured. /quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tbred if your idea was so bright don't you think guys in the business would come here but they don't so that tells me your tongue in cheek logic is foolish......but you figured that out
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:34:24 AM by Matchtown » Report to moderator   Logged
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 04:38:02 AM »

Mr.Miller in my opinion has done a very good job for the thorne..
He has a very tuff job and is always a stand up guy..
He replys on the board here..If we were upset and unsatisfied with a sports team you all know there would not be an answer from any team.
Jim tries to answer everything that we all ask..
Im out of the game racing and I have one broodmare left so I have nothing to gain by this

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »

Rather than pissing and moaning, why don't you open up that wallet of yours and buy some quality race horses, bring them to IL. and race them? Or you could just keep making stupid comments, showing how very little you know about anything that has to do with the business of racing. Yeah, that's what I figured. /quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tbred if your idea was so bright don't you think guys in the business would come here but they don't so that tells me your tongue in cheek logic is foolish......but you figured that out

Matchtown, I don't really think I need to rehash the problems facing Illinois racing. One thing is sure, people with your attitude aren't part of the solution. I always loath the people who sit on the sidelines and *** like somehow that helps anything.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 07:22:01 PM »

Tbred I understand you frustration but the blame falls on the racetracks and *** state we live in......I've lived in Illinois since the day I was born and the racing here makes me sick I remember Sportsmans Park 30 yrs ago when the bullring spring meet opened it was excitement the place was jammed ...not this crap we get fed nowdays if I sound bitter you bet I am...... I love horse racing .....but this is just plain bad racing..
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 08:16:02 PM »

Mr.Miller in my opinion has done a very good job for the Thornie..
He has a very Tiff job and is always a stand up guy..
He replays on the board here..If we were upset and unsatisfied with a sports team you all know there would not be an answer from any team.
Jim tries to answer everything that we all ask..
I'm out of the game racing and I have one broodmare left so I have nothing to gain by this

Every time he's posted he has been nothing but a gentleman.  And for him to bother with us is wonderful.  How could one not like Jim Miller?
DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 08:28:36 PM »

I don't know for certain but based upon what I am reading, the problem could be in what you say here.  And it's not a horse racing problem but a problem everywhere.  I've been working 50 - 60 hours a week for 2 0 3 years and know many others who do the same.  People get burned out doing this for too long and that is when mistakes happen.

I've been pushing management to give me more help and finally, finally, I got two new resources.   Now I know I could be way off base but perhaps the Throne has been running too lean for too long.  The economy has changed and the company I work for is doing great.  Great enough for me to get two new people.

Has the Throne been more profitable?  Have they added enough staff to handle the work that is needed?   

Great post
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: