Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 02:51:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTION FOR ALL HANDICAPPERS  (Read 1501 times)
bigdaddy

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2006, 01:47:34 AM »

What's your thought's on playing a race with horses previously trained by Ledford in it? Do you pass the race? Use them for savers?  Throw them out?  I myself would think if they have been off for a couple or few weeks they may need a start. Were the horses under house arrest just standing? Do you think the Racing Board will make them all have to run a qualifer? I just realized I am probably cramming to many questions into 1 topic, sorry.
Report to moderator   Logged
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »

Good question..I have been thinking the same thing. What do you do with them.?..my first answer is a sure pitch..off the board...but if the first one races good i must change that stratagy
tonymfan

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 10:09:02 AM »

What's your thought's on playing a race with horses previously trained by Ledford in it? Do you pass the race? Use them for savers?  Throw them out? 

I would consider it a "negative trainer switch" and handicap them on their pre-Ledford performances, if you can see those.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »

but yet you bet that devil you have your head examined

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
tonymfan

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »

but yet you bet that devil you have your head examined

You don't know anything I do except post Tony's driving statistics to this forum.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:55:44 AM »

ya i do you worship a devil

tonymfan

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »

ya i do you worship a devil

You should change your troll screen name to "Madame Claire" for your special powers of clairvoyance.

Way to troll up a perfectly good thread.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 11:04:35 AM »

You should change your troll screen name to "Madame Claire" for your special powers of clairvoyance.

Way to troll up a perfectly good thread.
OK, Tom...interesting observation.  Why don't you be a man and confess your new screen name.  We know bringthepain here and he's no troll, so you're wrong for the 1,000,000th time on this forum, no matter which name you sign up under.   trotter  TC    P.S. Got any fake State Farm letterhead ?
tonymfan

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 11:09:45 AM »

OK, Tom...interesting observation.  Why don't you be a man and confess your new screen name.  We know bringthepain here and he's no troll, so you're wrong for the 1,000,000th time on this forum, no matter which name you sign up under.   trotter  TC    P.S. Got any fake State Farm letterhead ?

"We" don't know the real name of the new troll you invited here.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »

"We" don't know the real name of the new troll you invited here.

Well Tom, if you actually showed your face at the track, you'd know his name or are you barred for fraud like everyone is saying ?  If you are barred, perhaps Tony and Gerry should be barred too for bringing you around the horsemen with those bogus w.c. cards.  Chris Ezzo wants to talk to you about those and she wants to know if Dehrlich was cut in on those dirty deals.   trotter  TC
tonymfan

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 11:47:17 AM »

Well Tom, if you actually showed your face at the track, you'd know his name or are you barred for fraud like everyone is saying ?  If you are barred, perhaps Tony and Gerry should be barred too for bringing you around the horsemen with those bogus w.c. cards.  Chris Ezzo wants to talk to you about those and she wants to know if Dehrlich was cut in on those dirty deals.   trotter  TC

It's too bad I'm not Tom. Then that might mean something.

I'm done here. I don't want to participate in helping you and your troll friends ruin bigdaddy's thread any more than it's already been ruined. If you feel like more typing practice spinning yarns about other posters, please move it to another thread.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 01:17:26 PM »

come to bal sat tonymfag i'll show you my troll

swoodall

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

I asked this very question in a thread I started and received no responses.  Maybe I started it too soon since no horses had been transferred and the outlook was bleak for Ledfraud.

Anyway,  My question had less to do with current form or time off but residual effects of the aranesp in the transferred horses who showed eyepopping improvement in form in the last month with Ledfraud.  How long will the past aranesp injections continue to boost these horses performances?  Assuming the new trainers aren't doing the same thing to their own horses,  you would expect a negative form reversal but after how long?  I would expect these horses to perform close to the level they were at for at least a couple of starts.  This would help support Ledfraud's defense position that the horses were never given aranesp.

Wouldn't you agree that the new trainers have a couple of free starts to gun these horses as hard as they can and any eyepopping  miles would be blamed on Ledfraud?
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »

I asked this very question in a thread I started and received no responses.  Maybe I started it too soon since no horses had been transferred and the outlook was bleak for Ledfraud.

Anyway,  My question had less to do with current form or time off but residual effects of the aranesp in the transferred horses who showed eyepopping improvement in form in the last month with Ledfraud.  How long will the past aranesp injections continue to boost these horses performances?  Assuming the new trainers aren't doing the same thing to their own horses,  you would expect a negative form reversal but after how long?  I would expect these horses to perform close to the level they were at for at least a couple of starts.  This would help support Ledfraud's defense position that the horses were never given aranesp.

Wouldn't you agree that the new trainers have a couple of free starts to gun these horses as hard as they can and any eyepopping  miles would be blamed on Ledfraud?

Not trying to be a wise guy, but I would say "Who the hell knows how these horses will race?" Other than that, my instinct tells me to stay away from them for a race or two because (a) they're probably not getting the "juice" any longer and need to detox and binoculars they've probably missed some training during the time that elapsed between the raid and the transfer to other barns.
alan d

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »

if there last few lines were about the same time  wise i might use them if the last 2 lines were out of wack with recent form i would  pass
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 03:01:33 PM »

P.S. Got any fake State Farm letterhead ?

OK - I'm rather new on these boards, but could somebody please explain the "fake State Farm letterhead" comment to me. It looks like it might carry a hilarious story with it.

Monster Mile
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »

Come on - Let us all in on the fake State Farm Letterhead reference.

Monster Mile
Armonsol

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »

Come on - Let us all in on the fake State Farm Letterhead reference.
Google wendt insurance fraud banned and you should get your answer.
Please drive thru.......
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »

Nope - Just a bunch of references to a Seinfeld episode.

Monster Mile
Armonsol

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »

Nope - Just a bunch of references to a Seinfeld episode.
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2005/10/17/60910.htm
try this one
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »

Got it - Thanks.

Monster Mile
micha goss

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »

If i was the new trainer of an ex-Ledford pupil, i'd hope it raced real bad the first time or two. If the new trainer takes that Ledford horse and the horse maintains its form, people may wonder, "how'd that happen"

If the horse falls off the map, it will look like the new trainer is an honest, oats and hay conditioner.
nelly

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »

I would have to question the health of the horses formerly trained by the Ledfords, who knows how bad they are going to crash from the alleged use of aransep!!!!!!!  I personally will throw them out because I think that the new trainers will race them cold because they do not want to draw any attention from the racing officials.  This will also benefit the new trainers by proving that the horses were improved upon by illegal doping!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: