Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 04:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Races/Fair Races question  (Read 464 times)
Tannor

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »

I was wondering what Topline fair races are considered as. Are they stakes? I ask this because in order to race a horse in the amateur races, one of the conditions is that they couldnt of raced for over a 8000 claimer. So are the Topline events stakes or if not what are they?

Thanks

Tannor
Report to moderator   Logged

They're at the gate!!!!
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:53:37 AM »

Tannor - I cannot address the Topline Series but as an Amateur on the rise, you might want to consider joining the CKG Billings Amateur Driving Series.   The 25th Anniversary Season gets underway next month and the Midwest Division has 40 scheduled stops, 14 are at Fairs.   Interestingly enough, the Billings Series makes a stop at Hawthorne this year on Sunday, June 11th, then the following week at Balmoral on the 18th.  Even a fat guy like me may take a shot if the race(s) are off the card and non-wagering.  Billings is all about the driver but there are conditions for the trotters as well.   There are some wonderful stops along the way for the series drivers - such as the Historic Track at Goshen, NY on Saturday July 1 and later in the year at Delaware, Ohio, home to the Little Brown Jug.   Another first this year is a stop at Jackson Harness Raceway in Michigan on Saturday, May 5th.   For more information go to the USTA website, click on Standardbred Driving Clubs or click on the news release that appeared yesterday (Tuesday) on the News side of the site.  Series ends up at the Meadowlands in November and its a million bucks worth of fun.   Horses last year raced for over $456,000 in purse money.
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »

Dale,

That would be great and all but i dont think i will have enough time. Plus we dont have any trotters. Its an option for the future but right now I think i am going to stick around here.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: