Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 09:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic toss-out  (Read 944 times)
bowserkat

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:09:03 PM »

I, when in control of my senses, throw out any horse being driven by Art Gregory.  Balmoral's 4th race is a good example of this.  What a terrible drive aboard Southern Victoriak.  Even in this short field, he had little chance of winning.  The terrible drive assured that the poor owner wouldn't even get a check.I would drive a horse I owned before letting that guy near it--and I'm not any good.
Report to moderator   Logged
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »

somebody lost. Everytime these drivers who dont get many drive sit on the rail they suck, They leave they suck. Make up your mind. Horse was picked for last and got a check. Why dont you get a license and show them how easy it is!
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:19:02 PM »

I never said it was easy.  Would you hire a lawyer who lost his last 50 cases.? If you would, you can bet on this guy and others like him.  I won't.
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »

I think this is the same horse who won on supernite picked for last and payed over 40 dollars. I remember this because I bet her. Some good lawyers do lose cases, I mean someone does have to lose. I hope even the best lawyer loses if he's defending the guility party.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

Good for you. I won on Rick Finn from the 8 post at Maywood several years ago.  However, 99.999% of the time, he, Art G. and others are toss-outs.
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:31:03 PM »

Good for you. I won on Rick Finn from the 8 post at Maywood several years ago.  However, 99.999% of the time, he, Art G. and others are toss-outs.
never said I could bet Rick Finn- Suprised you bet him if he's a toss out.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »

I'll throw a few bucks on a race that is terrible just for the hell of it.  That race didn't have any horse that looked like it could even finish in the money, plus the two lowest odds animals looked lame to me. Went off at 40-1 and the exacta was huge.  I'll have to get my micrometer out to see how much better AG is then RF.
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 12:20:01 AM »

I'll throw a few bucks on a race that is terrible just for the hell of it.  That race didn't have any horse that looked like it could even finish in the money, plus the two lowest odds animals looked lame to me. Went off at 40-1 and the exacta was huge.  I'll have to get my micrometer out to see how much better AG is then RF.
     betting a race that is terrible tells me something you either have money to burn or your a sick gambler.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 12:30:51 AM »

betting a race that is terrible tells me something you either have money to burn or your a sick gambler.
ilovecopper, you can't tell me that have not bet a terrible race. If I am wrong I stand corrected, but I myself have bet a race for the sake of having action. I do it for fun  call me sick I may be (LOL)
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »

ilovecopper, you can't tell me that have not bet a terrible race. If I am wrong I stand corrected, but I myself have bet a race for the sake of having action. I do it for fun  call me sick I may be (LOL)
      What I was trying to say is he said there losers, so I said why bet them? I have and Do bet terrible races most these days are. but if I dont care for a driver and i need action I'll bet another horse with a driver I like or maybe a different track with so many tracks racing you can stay out of a race and have Action somewhere else!
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

"betting a race that is terrible tells me something you either have money to burn or your a sick gambler."

HEY! If you want to bet Chicago, you HAVE to deal with crud races at least half the time. There's no avoiding it!

The short fields make value even tougher. You basically have to bet on a superior horse suddenly losing form or breaking.

Wednesday night, in Race 3, the 3 and 7 horses should have laid over that field. The only wild card was how far the 6 horse could last on the front end. The 3 (oosting) pulled and couldn't move; the 7 (hiteman) tried to close and BROKE.

Meanwhile, the other potential speed - Roberts and Binkley in holes 1 and 2 - made NO moves off the gate.

And of course Mr. Bud Weisar found his form tonight. I can see that ,though. That's just a tough beat.

Back to the original post: I didn't see the race in question, but I do remember Gregory wiring with Southern Vic K, who used to be a respectable trotter.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 06:53:07 AM »

maroon  Ok- I bet a terrible race just for the hell of it. Threw in $6 and got back over $500.  When I go to the track, I bet every race there.  Some races suck, so I'll only invest a few bucks.  I don't pretend to be a professional gambler.  It's only a hobby.  If I go to the track and lose a few hundred bucks because I had a bad night, it's not much different than playing a round of golf at a nice course.  I know I bet too many races. But-like I said it's a hobby.  Being a professional gambler is just too much work.  I like watching the races.  When I have a chance, I'll even drive out and watch the qualifiers.  I guess I'm a sick individual with money to burn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: