Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 20, 2014, 03:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PENN NATIONAL 5TH RACE FRI NIGHT  (Read 502 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »

MY friend's horse is running...1st time Penn - he is a 'cold weather' horse and when Finger Lakes closed in Dec she sent him down with a trainer who goes to PA......has a good 48.2 breeze over the track over the weekend.....he's a 4-5k claimer, but man, is the race he is in tough! He is a speed horse...but so are 6 others lol.....eh, I'll use him in the tri/exacta - he will be a huge price (no super in a 11 horse field?? what is worng with PA?)....he is the #4 horse...."Strike Jet" - to me, it's the 3 or the 6 on top......play with the 2-4-5-8-11 underneath....and i am not 'tipping' him....we have no idea how he'll run in a race over that surface .....
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:08:14 PM »

Is the horse stabled at Penn National?  I was always under the impression that TB guys hated to ship 4 hours to race.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »

Is the horse stabled at Penn National?  I was always under the impression that TB guys hated to ship 4 hours to race.

He is stabled there...arrived dec 16th....will be running same class, albeit a bit tougher, for 4-5k more in purse monies, and the daily is $5 less a day than her f'lakes trainer....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:35:43 PM by Alpha Mare » Report to moderator   Logged

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »

He is stabled there...arrived dec 16th....will be running same class, albeit a bit tougher, for 4-5k more in purse monies, and the daily is $5 less a day than her f'lakes trainer....

Guys at Finger Lakes are getting a higher per day rate than guys at Penn National?  Wow, what does your friend attribute that to?
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:39 AM »

Guys at Finger Lakes are getting a higher per day rate than guys at Penn National?  Wow, what does your friend attribute that to?

Well, the rates are either the same or 5-10 more at penn, but jeter went with a ft erie trainer based at flakes this past summer, recommended by her flakes trainer and he just charges $5 less.....she has contacted a few pen trainers and they charged $45 /day just like most of flakes decent trainers......the stakes trainers at penn, like todd beattie, get $75/day

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:25 AM »

Well, the rates are either the same or 5-10 more at penn, but jeter went with a ft erie trainer based at flakes this past summer, recommended by her flakes trainer and he just charges $5 less.....she has contacted a few pen trainers and they charged $45 /day just like most of flakes decent trainers......the stakes trainers at penn, like todd beattie, get $75/day

Todd Beattie trained/trains one of my favorite horses in Fabulous Strike.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

well that was awful.....he got slammed by the 3 horse  twice at the break and had the 5 horse cross over in front of him..manage to rush up to 5th, but being a front runner, soon lost interest and faded and jock didn't abuse him...better luck next out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: