Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 01:41:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta has revived horse racing despite her bashers claims otherwise ...  (Read 2807 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »

Oops!

She didn't even revive horse racing on her own home So Cal circuit. SA handle is in the tank compared to last year through the first three days. So much for Zenyatta reviving racing, and so much for that dirt track reviving SA.

National handle during the Queen's reign: In the tank
Google searches during the Queen's big year: puny
Santa Anita handle the very first meet after the Queen retires: in the tank

Sorry, but the numbers just don't lie. There's no hard evidence at all that Z "revived horse racing".

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=finley_bill&id=5968859

Report to moderator   Logged
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

ouch
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »

Yes you did, the Beldame to you was the be all and end all.  When I asked you about your knowledge of her conditioning for such an event you did not answer.

Yep....my statement of i THINK she should have or I WISH she would have is not INSISTING.....perhaps you need to revisit dictionary 101.....and THINKING/WISHING about it has nothing to do with what I know of or don't know of...her condition....which we all know was fine, btw.......and this was for 2009.....move on already...

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »

As bitter as you and Terry that Zenyatta won 19 in a row???

Nobody is bitter, it's horse racing.  People can have an opinion but the only bitterness should be at the windows or if your own horse is injured.

i'm not bitter at all,......i just like having battles of wits with unarmed opposition.... maroon

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »

Oops!

She didn't even revive horse racing on her own home So Cal circuit. SA handle is in the tank compared to last year through the first three days. So much for Zenyatta reviving racing, and so much for that dirt track reviving SA.

National handle during the Queen's reign: In the tank
Google searches during the Queen's big year: puny
Santa Anita handle the very first meet after the Queen retires: in the tank

Sorry, but the numbers just don't lie. There's no hard evidence at all that Z "revived horse racing".

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=finley_bill&id=5968859

Now Terry dear, zen DID revive it......for three wks leading up to the Breeder's Cup.....when she lost...all that 'revived' interest was no longer interested.....after all, what brand new bandwagon jumper wants to support a loser??

NIATROSS

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »

DEFINITION
REVIVE: TO RENEW IN THE MIND TO RECALL.

Thank You Terry for all your posts about Z and horse racing.Revivivng all the memories of years past in one's own mind.Recalling and comparing her to all the greats in the past.Thank You for bashing her and her connections for running on the poly.Recalling all the the past greats that ran on turf or dirt.Thank you for bashing her connections for not taking on the road and facing better.Recalling and reviving all those memories of past greats and haivng people recall those memories in their minds.
Thank You for posting all those threads about those who are voting for Blame for HOY.Where would we be had Z not revived your hatred for her and her connections and her fans in horse racing.

Most of all Janine should thank you and Z for reviving this forum  with all the Z and horse racing talk which combined probably equal more than 75% of any horse racinng talk.

Keep on reviving the  Z and horse racing experience all the way thru the Eclipse Awards !

trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »

Now Terry dear, zen DID revive it......for three wks leading up to the Breeder's Cup

She also revived it by a few thousand every time she showed up at the tracks, so let's be fair. Five days out of the year revived, at single tracks, and then a blip for the BC. What a heroine.

.....when she lost...all that 'revived' interest was no longer interested.....after all, what brand new bandwagon jumper wants to support a loser??

Exactly. When they saw that BC Classic choke they jumped ship and disappeared, leaving more empty seats than September's Cubs.  

NIATROSS

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »

Love all the revived interest in horseracing talk Z has brought this forum.

KEEP IT UP !

trophy trophy trophy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 12:00:47 PM »

i'm not bitter at all,......i just like having battles of wits with unarmed opposition.... maroon

Really. The only ones demonstrating bitterness on the forum are those whose heroine came up a loser in last year's HOY voting and started all this nonsense. All the rest is merely plugging the dam against that flood tide of Zientolgist bitterness. No one who backed RA or who has no real dog in the fight has any reason to be bitter.
NIATROSS

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »

Thanks again Terry for the revived interest you have in horse racing because of Z and her fans.

trophy trophy trophy trophy
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:06:54 PM by NIATROSS » Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2010, 02:31:25 PM »

Thanks again Terry for the revived interest you have in horse racing because of Z and her fans.

trophy trophy trophy trophy

cutting and pasting again, Trossie?? maroon

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »

cutting and pasting again, Trossie?? maroon

At least he admitted the interest in Z was only from existing racing fans.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »

sorry terry, but earl, will you marry me?  heart maroon

I love you too, Alpha Mare.
You, me and my wife will all have to go to Fairmount together some time. The former Clocker Terry, too.
 beer
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »

GET OVER IT Z HATERS SHE REVIVED HORSE RACING THIS YEAR.

she did?

1.why is Callie racing still have short fields

2. why is national handle down again this year

3. why are there an abundance of claimers at good meets?

revived racing this year. She did no such thing.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
NIATROSS

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »

At least he admitted the interest in Z was only from existing racing fans.

So you are saying there is a revived interest regardless of where it comes from ?

Thanks for pointing that out and for your revived interest in horse racing and all things Z related.
NIATROSS

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »

she did?

1.why is Callie racing still have short fields

2. why is national handle down again this year

3. why are there an abundance of claimers at good meets?

revived racing this year. She did no such thing.

clocker biggestal

I thought you of all people would knwo the answer to the above questions.

HORSE SHORTAGE !

Thank You for posting about Z and all things Z related.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »

I thought you of all people would knwo the answer to the above questions.

HORSE SHORTAGE !

Thank You for posting about Z and all things Z related.

So Zenyatta revived Horse racing but she did nothing for the horse shortage which is what really to be addressed to revive racing in the US. correct?

Reviving racing needs more than simplistic notions that good horses will revive horse racing with no notion of what to do with the so-called "created fans" due to Zenyatta etc.

How do you get them back to the track (and betting) for oh lets say a weekday card in the latter part of December at Santa Anita when there is no really good horses on the card?

All the good horses won't get that "created fan" to bet on horses that they are not really interested in.

My love of horse racing doesn't depend on one horse.

If Goldikova (my favorite horse running right now) retired tomorrow would I stop betting races becuase of it.

No I'd just find another favorite.

To zenyatta fans the so called "created fans". Thiere is no other horse than zenyatta.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
NIATROSS

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »

When people like you finally get rid of the idea that getting people back to the track on a Wednesday is going to solve racing's problems

THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN PERIOD.

All tracks receive most of their handle off track.People want to bet when they want to bet and more and more is going online.

Racing needs to downsize and get the govt out of running race tracks in NJ NY etc.

Thank Zenyatta for reviving the interest in a dying sport.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »

So Zenyatta revived Horse racing but she did nothing for the horse shortage which is what really to be addressed to revive racing in the US. correct?

The only thing she revived was endless nonsense spewing forth from her fans, who were overwhelmingly existing fans of horse racing. As far as anything tangible or measurable, she did nothing from a "revival" standpoint. Even the BC television ratings will be back to snoozeville like always next year. Even the spewing nonsense will prove fleeting.

My love of horse racing doesn't depend on one horse.

If Goldikova (my favorite horse running right now) retired tomorrow would I stop betting races becuase of it.

No I'd just find another favorite.

If there was no Zenyatta, racing fans would be still talking about horses.
NIATROSS

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »

If there was no Zenyatta, racing fans would be still talking about horses.

Based on the increase of your posts alone in the last year is proof Zenyatta has revived interest in horse racing.

Thank You Terry for your revived interest in horse racing because of Zenyatta.
I am sure Janine will congratulate you also.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »

I love you too, Alpha Mare.
You, me and my wife will all have to go to Fairmount together some time. The former Clocker Terry, too.
 beer

Fairmount? I'm in NY! But if i ever get out that way, it's a deal!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: