Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 01:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta has revived horse racing despite her bashers claims otherwise ...  (Read 2818 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »

OK, I stand corrected on that one.  BUT, so MANY of you keep talking about her though "she did nothing for horse racing."   On and ON.

doh

Who started the two current threads? Not me. Not AM. Not NYRA 792 or brianwspencer. Zenyatta fans, making outlandish claims for her, that's who.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »

Hey, another Zenyatta thread started.  How original!

It's more authoritative if you make a new thread with your assertion in the title.  screwy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »

But I know that's way less fun than just pretending I hate Zenyatta, think nobody has been talking about her, that she's done nothing good for the game, and that she'll be forgotten in six months because I don't think she's Jesus Christ.

Damn Zenyatta hater.  Angry
NIATROSS

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »

doh

Who started the two current threads? Not me. Not AM. Not NYRA 792 or brianwspencer. Zenyatta fans, making outlandish claims for her, that's who.

OUTLANDISH CLAIMS ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

This coming form the guy who said Z fans made hate filled posts about Blame and his connections.

WHAT A LIAR !  screwy screwy screwy
NIATROSS

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

I understand what "early the next year" means, but it's the kind of hair-splitting that renders the point you're trying to make completely irrelevant. I would assume, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the point you're making is that a top class racehorse came back the following year and repeated incredible things throughout the year -- if it's not, and you're just talking about the calendar to try to score some point on a technicality, then that's great, you can have that one because it's not a point worth discussing, where the spirit of your original comment that I interpreted is a point worth discussing, because it's rare and both mares have done it in recent years and their connections are to be commended for it.

And stop trying to lump me in with others -- if you'd pay attention and read my first post in this thread, you'd note that the last two lines of your post were just an unnecessary expenditure of your energy typing them, because I didn't disagree as a whole, and in fact, called out someone who disagreed with you by trying to diminish her presence in the game this year in super-secret Saratoga backstretch parties.

But I know that's way less fun than just pretending I hate Zenyatta, think nobody has been talking about her, that she's done nothing good for the game, and that she'll be forgotten in six months because I don't think she's Jesus Christ.

Where did I lump you in with the others ?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »

Where did I lump you in with the others ?

This more than implicitly indicts me of considering her irrelevant.

Of course I'm still posting about her, because she's the biggest topic in racing this year. No surprise there, unless, that is, you've lumped me in with folks like AM who consider her a fleeting afterthought in her world. If you hadn't, that wouldn't have been a necessary inclusion in your response.

You are still posting about ZENYATTA making her all the  more relevant here on 12/29/10.

Thanks for proving my point how Z revived Horse Racing in 2010.
NIATROSS

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »

Of course I'm still posting about her, because she's the biggest topic in racing this year. No surprise there, unless, that is, you've lumped me in with folks like AM who consider her a fleeting afterthought in her world. If you hadn't, that wouldn't have been a necessary inclusion in your response.

SHE IS THE BIGGEST TOPIC IN RACING THIS YEAR !

You have just made my point for me thank you.
Now in your recent memory what was the last horse we spent more than a year of talking about on a regular basis ?
Since BC 09 thru the upcoming Eclipse Awards making it 14 months straight.

What other horse in the last 25-30 yrs commanded all that attention ?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »

SHE IS THE BIGGEST TOPIC IN RACING THIS YEAR !

Now in your recent memory what was the last horse we spent more than a year of talking about on a regular basis ?
Since BC 09 thru the upcoming Eclipse Awards making it 14 months straight.

What other horse in the last 25-30 yrs commanded all that attention ?

Cigar, for starters.

But on the other hand, more importantly, her being the biggest topic in racing this year does not mean she "revived racing," so I didn't make your point for you at all. And as you've seen from this board and plenty of others, a whole lot of the talk about her is not constructive conversation that actually has anything to do with reviving racing, it has to do with partisan bickering from 2009 that spilled over into 2010 at a steady drumbeat with no stop.

Your leap in logic doesn't hold up -- "she was the biggest topic in racing" does not equal "revived racing."

Or this entire thread is irrelevant, because Barbaro already revived racing in 2006/2007, so there wasn't even any work for her to do this year anyway.

She's been good for racing. Very good. Extremely good in a way we haven't seen too often in the last 15 years, but she's likely to have revived nothing in the long-term, unfortunately, and I wish I agreed with you.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

Cigar, for starters.

Rachel Alexandra, last year and this.  doh

Goldikova.
Curlin.
Ghostzapper.
Azeri.
Skip Away.

on the other hand, more importantly, her being the biggest topic in racing this year does not mean she "revived racing," so I didn't make your point for you at all.

She was the big American racing topic of this year, got a few little girls interested for the first time, and maybe caught the interest of some "lapsed" fans for awhile in October and November.

Your leap in logic doesn't hold up -- "she was the biggest topic in racing" does not equal "revived racing."

thumbs up

She was the racing topic du jour, like some horse is the racing topic du jour every year.

Or this entire thread is irrelevant, because Barbaro already revived racing in 2006/2007, so there wasn't even any work for her to do this year anyway.

Wait now, I thought Smarty Jones did it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:15:16 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »

Zenyatta, the "champion" who tore up the California plastic, raced primarily against weak competition and got beat in her only test of the year.
The fact that some of you are deluded enough to think she "revived" racing shows just what a low point the sport has reached.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »

yep..because all her 'super fans' like you and mel and stevie et al were sooooo bitter than RA won HOTY in '09 that you couldn't let it die......read back and you'll see many weeks go by with no thread about her at all......so there goes that 'regular basis' theory.....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »

Zenyatta, the "champion" who tore up the California plastic, raced primarily against weak competition and got beat in her only test of the year.
The fact that some of you are deluded enough to think she "revived" racing shows just what a low point the sport has reached.

sorry terry, but earl, will you marry me?  heart maroon

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

hey! and i like you brian!!!   but you are right.,...i like and respect zen greatly, more so since she lost to blame(which i predicted in a post somewhere on this forum)...but 19 wins or 25 wins......she never captured my fancy.....maybe if she would have come east(oaklawn is NOT east) in the 2 yrs before the 2010 bcup and raced in the mud, slop, etc, she would have, but mainly poly crap career horses don't do it for me , and that is my option.....Smiley..i hope, like RA,careless jewel and eventually goldikova,  that she has wonderful stakes winning babies!

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »

Jeez Alpha... I am going to have to turn you in as a bigamist pretty soon.  Just kidding!l

l swear, I am starting to get a kick out of this Zenyatta threading on and on, yet "she did nothing for horse racing."    I think I just might start more threads on her for months on end just to prove some people will argue about anything for as long as they can.  
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »

Jeez Alpha... I am going to have to turn you in as a bigamist pretty soon.  Just kidding!l

l swear, I am starting to get a kick out of this Zenyatta threading on and on, yet "she did nothing for horse racing."    I think I just might start more threads on her for months on end just to prove some people will argue about anything for as long as they can.  

hey, it livens the place up and gives us something to do till the triple crown preps are in full swing.......now that we are 'debating' again..where is that mel? over in *** *** land with stevie wonder boy??

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »

hey! and i like you brian!!!  

Ditto. Most people can disagree about something without getting nasty or personal Smiley
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:01 PM »

If you consider lines of nonsense written on horse racing forums doing something, she helped do plenty (along with RA, and Blame, and those evil biased HOY voters, and polycrap).

If you're talking about actual measurable impact on the sport that will last, maybe not so much, if any at all.

That's the issue.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »

sorry terry, but earl, will you marry me?  heart maroon

Eh. We've had our 9-1/2 weeks anyhow.  Cheesy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »

Eh. We've had our 9-1/2 weeks anyhow.  Cheesy

lol....u know i still  heart  u!

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 11:15:17 PM »

If you consider lines of nonsense written on horse racing forums doing something, she helped do plenty (along with RA, and Blame, and those evil biased HOY voters, and polycrap).

If you're talking about actual measurable impact on the sport that will last, maybe not so much, if any at all.

That's the issue.

I know Terry, I know.  Let me have my fun.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »

hey OTB...don't lie..i NEVER 'insisted'....posted races i would LIKE to see horses run in.....BIG difference, and u know it.....and in all honesty,i spent most every weekend, or part of it (fri-mon for me) on the saratoga backstretch....and not once did someone come up and start talking about zenytatta......not once....it was all talk about saratoga racing/horses.....

Yes you did, the Beldame to you was the be all and end all.  When I asked you about your knowledge of her conditioning for such an event you did not answer.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:03 AM »

OUTLANDISH CLAIMS ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

This coming form the guy who said Z fans made hate filled posts about Blame and his connections.

WHAT A LIAR !  screwy screwy screwy

He still hasn't answered that question yet.  He did however cry like a baby to the admin and get the posts removed....which is all he's got.

We're still awaiting him to back up his claim which any sane person knows he can't do.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:11 AM »

yep..because all her 'super fans' like you and mel and stevie et al were sooooo bitter than RA won HOTY in '09 that you couldn't let it die......read back and you'll see many weeks go by with no thread about her at all......so there goes that 'regular basis' theory.....

As bitter as you and Terry that Zenyatta won 19 in a row???

Nobody is bitter, it's horse racing.  People can have an opinion but the only bitterness should be at the windows or if your own horse is injured.
NIATROSS

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 09:26:46 AM »

Rachel Alexandra, last year and this.  doh

Goldikova.
Curlin.
Ghostzapper.
Azeri.
Skip Away.

RA ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

The wind left that balloon in less than a year.

She became a story with the Oaks win and a non factor after mutiple losses this year.

NIATROSS

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »

Wrong again,better go back to law school.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: