Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 06:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zenyatta has revived horse racing despite her bashers claims otherwise ...  (Read 2841 times)
NIATROSS

« on: December 29, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »

I am not old as some on here but probably at 54 yo somewhere in the middle of all those posting.

Zenyatta has done something I cannot recall being done in the last 25-30 years.I am sure I will be corrected by you know who if I am wrong.
She has been the most talked about topic of conversation when it comes to horse racing over the last year to year and a half.The talk will continue until at least the time the HOY award is given to the winner.
What other horse in recent memory won a G1 in late fall came back early the following year and won another G1 stayed in training and came back and won another G1 in the fall.
Who would we be talking about ALL this year without her ?

GET OVER IT Z HATERS SHE REVIVED HORSE RACING THIS YEAR.
Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »

i guess.....if u live in calif.....or  post on forums like this one....she was NOT the hot topic of racing conversation in ny ......monmouth park's weekend trial meet was for the most part till saratoga started....if it was about a horse..it was about rachel and how she was not the same.....some of us new yawkers.....like and respect that california horse that runs in faux grade ones till the bcup....whats' her name, oh zenyatta.....but she didn't overrun our racing chatter......why, when i spent a couple hrs with HV at saratoga last summer, i don't even think we 'whispered' her name....and i didn't hear her mentioned within earshot....sorry.... maroon

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »

GET OVER IT Z HATERS SHE REVIVED HORSE RACING THIS YEAR.

"revived' it?Huh    laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy  she was the center of attention for a few WEEKS......from the 60 min special to the loss in the classic.....75% of her 'fans', didn't even care/know about her or racing till the 60 min special, get over THAT....

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »

i guess.....if u live in calif.....or  post on forums like this one....she was NOT the hot topic of racing conversation in ny

I'm not wholeheartedly buying into the Zenyatta Revived Racing idea, but it's not an all-or-nothing thing like you're making it sound. Nobody is saying that every time I walked into Arlington Park, I was a mumbling Zenyatta robot doing nothing but talking about her:

Random person: "Hey Brian!"
Brian: "GOOD DAY! ZENYAAAAAATTTTTA!!!!!!!!!"

But at the same time, to pretend like she was not being constantly talked about is just silly. Huge Zenyatta supporters have been way wrong about an awful lot of things, but that she was the most talked about thing this year in racing is not one of them.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »

What other horse in recent memory won a G1 in late fall came back early the following year and won another G1 stayed in training and came back and won another G1 in the fall.
Who would we be talking about ALL this year without her ?

Goldikova. In 2009 and 2010.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

i guess.....if u live in calif.....or  post on forums like this one....she was NOT the hot topic of racing conversation in ny ......monmouth park's weekend trial meet was for the most part till saratoga started....if it was about a horse..it was about rachel and how she was not the same.....some of us new yawkers.....like and respect that california horse that runs in faux grade ones till the bcup....whats' her name, oh zenyatta.....but she didn't overrun our racing chatter......why, when i spent a couple hrs with HV at saratoga last summer, i don't even think we 'whispered' her name....and i didn't hear her mentioned within earshot....sorry.... maroon

I disagree.  At Monmouth the hot topic was anything but horse racing as most of the tourists there were more concerned with facebook and text messaging.

At Saratoga the talk was about horse racing and I heard Zenyatta mentioned quite frequently, I'd say second most to Quality Road since he was stabled there.  The Travers did not generate the talk it normally does.  Lisa's *** Trap was mentioned third most.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »

thumbs up 2010 HOY!  thumbs up Best horse in the world!  thumbs up Only winner of three BC races!  thumbs up
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »

i guess.....if u live in calif.....or  post on forums like this one....she was NOT the hot topic of racing conversation in ny ......monmouth park's weekend trial meet was for the most part till saratoga started....if it was about a horse..it was about rachel and how she was not the same.....some of us new yawkers.....like and respect that california horse that runs in faux grade ones till the bcup....whats' her name, oh zenyatta.....but she didn't overrun our racing chatter......why, when i spent a couple hrs with HV at saratoga last summer, i don't even think we 'whispered' her name....and i didn't hear her mentioned within earshot....sorry.... maroon

Z was one of the main topics of conversation in U.S. horse racing this year. That really can't be denied. But to say she "revived" horse racing in any sense, or brought it into the mainstream to be talked about and or participated in by millions who who were not already fans of racing, that's just opinion or wishful thinking. The official industry numbers that measure the economics of horse racing say otherwise. Even with the small blip of better BC numbers, November was "down". I would venture that the Secretariat movie did far more to raise racing in the consciousness of the world than Z, and even its effect will be about the same as that  of the Seabiscuit movie before it.  
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »

In all seriousness, does it REALLY matter if she or ra or qr or goldi was talked about this yr?? will it bring the glory back to racing?? make horses sounder and let them race more than 4 or 5 times a yr? will it get more 3 and 4 yr old colts to race a yr or two longer so we HAVE a decent older handicap division? Will it stop drug abuse and breakdowns?? didn't think so......

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »

I disagree.  At Monmouth the hot topic was anything but horse racing as most of the tourists there were more concerned with facebook and text messaging.

At Saratoga the talk was about horse racing and I heard Zenyatta mentioned quite frequently, I'd say second most to Quality Road since he was stabled there.  The Travers did not generate the talk it normally does.  Lisa's *** Trap was mentioned third most.

i was not at monmouth and you must have been at a diff part of the track at saratoga than i was ....on the backside, the talk was about the horses in the races there.....i don't frequent the main side much....

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »

i was not at monmouth and you must have been at a diff part of the track at saratoga than i was ....on the backside, the talk was about the horses in the races there.....i don't frequent the main side much....

I was on the backside there, Quality Road was the number one topic of conversation and last time I checked he raced there twice.  What are you talking about?  Lisa's *** Trap raced there twice as well and she was third most IMO...again I don't get what you're trying to say.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »

In all seriousness, does it REALLY matter if she or ra or qr or goldi was talked about this yr??

No, because if not them, then some other horse. Z did get the 60 Minutes mention, which was out of the ordinary, but that's the only thing different than any other year in horse racing, where any mainstream media mentions are usually about horrible breakdowns. It was a nice thing, but it was one small moment in the greater scheme of things, and transitory.

will it bring the glory back to racing?? make horses sounder and let them race more than 4 or 5 times a yr? will it get more 3 and 4 yr old colts to race a yr or two longer so we HAVE a decent older handicap division? Will it stop drug abuse and breakdowns?? didn't think so......

Or restore public integrity in racing as gambling, or make it a more exciting form of gambling, or (watching Smith beat the living tar out of Z down the BC stretch) make horse racing any less cruel to the modern viewer, or make modern Americans more aware of horses as a normal part of their daily lives like their forefathers, or end the practice of throwing away horses to slaughter, or make the old and decrepit tracks and OTB's more pleasant to visit, or make the existing "fans" of racing less nasty and unpleasant to be around at the track, or .... ? 
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »

In all seriousness, does it REALLY matter if she or ra or qr or goldi was talked about this yr?? will it bring the glory back to racing?? make horses sounder and let them race more than 4 or 5 times a yr? will it get more 3 and 4 yr old colts to race a yr or two longer so we HAVE a decent older handicap division? Will it stop drug abuse and breakdowns?? didn't think so......

Look at this...all of a sudden the horse comes first!!!  Congratulations.  All year long you insisted a certain horse run in certain races and you had no idea of that horses condition or fitness level for those races.

Anyway, yes it does matter, because if people aren't talking horse racing at the track they certainly will not be talking about it anywhere else in this country.
NIATROSS

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »

Goldikova had a 6 month break Zenyatta had a 4 month break.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »

So many of you keep saying over and over, ad naseam, that Zenyatta has done nothing for horse racing and no one talks about her any place but California.   YET..thread after thread is constantly started about guess who?

Looks like you all sure like to talk about her.  A lot!
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »

Goldikova had a 6 month break Zenyatta had a 4 month break.

BFD. You're splitting hairs. She had a seven month break the year before, so what? If you want to be that specific about it, then there's not really any point you're making. The spirit of your comment includes Goldikova.

It'd be as patently absurd as me saying that I think May is an awfully important month for racing since the Triple Crown starts there and we've got as much national attention as any other time, so it's extremely important that a top class horse win a race in May. There, I just proved that Zenyatta was irrelevant in 2010!

And Blame is the best horse ever and has done more for racing this year than any other!

It would be stupid to split hairs like that.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

Look at this...all of a sudden the horse comes first!!!  Congratulations.  All year long you insisted a certain horse run in certain races and you had no idea of that horses condition or fitness level for those races.

Anyway, yes it does matter, because if people aren't talking horse racing at the track they certainly will not be talking about it anywhere else in this country.

hey OTB...don't lie..i NEVER 'insisted'....posted races i would LIKE to see horses run in.....BIG difference, and u know it.....and in all honesty,i spent most every weekend, or part of it (fri-mon for me) on the saratoga backstretch....and not once did someone come up and start talking about zenytatta......not once....it was all talk about saratoga racing/horses.....

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:48 PM »

So many of you keep saying over and over, ad naseam, that Zenyatta has done nothing for horse racing and no one talks about her any place but California.   YET..thread after thread is constantly started about guess who?

Looks like you all sure like to talk about her.  A lot!

A small correction ... there's only one poster claiming no one outside California talked about her, so that's hardly "you all".
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »

And, by the way, when did it become an accepted fact that taking issue with the inflated and unfounded claims of Zenyatta fans equates to "bashing" Zenyatta?  screwy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

And, by the way, when did it become an accepted fact that taking issue with the inflated and unfounded claims of Zenyatta fans equates to "bashing" Zenyatta?  screwy

Only in Trossie and OTB's minds.....but admit it - it's great having the crew back arguing, i mean DEBATING ....it got pretty slow n dull around here.....after they announce HOTY, whatever will we all 'debate'Huh  how about if 'uncle mo' even makes it in the gate come the first sat in may?Huh?

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »

A small correction ... there's only one poster claiming no one outside California talked about her, so that's hardly "you all".

OK, I stand corrected on that one.  BUT, so MANY of you keep talking about her though "she did nothing for horse racing."   On and ON.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »

The line I saw for today for Uncle Mo making the gate in May was

no  -235
yes +185
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:24 PM »

Hey, another Zenyatta thread started.  How original!

NIATROSS

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »

BFD. You're splitting hairs. She had a seven month break the year before, so what? If you want to be that specific about it, then there's not really any point you're making. The spirit of your comment includes Goldikova.

It'd be as patently absurd as me saying that I think May is an awfully important month for racing since the Triple Crown starts there and we've got as much national attention as any other time, so it's extremely important that a top class horse win a race in May. There, I just proved that Zenyatta was irrelevant in 2010!

And Blame is the best horse ever and has done more for racing this year than any other!

It would be stupid to split hairs like that.

My original post says  came back early the next year March is sure earleir than May.If you are not sure check the calendar.

You are still posting about ZENYATTA making her all the  more relevant here on 12/29/10.

Thanks for proving my point how Z revived Horse Racing in 2010.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »

My original post says  came back early the next year March is sure earleir than May.If you are not sure check the calendar.

You are still posting about ZENYATTA making her all the  more relevant here on 12/29/10.

Thanks for proving my point how Z revived Horse Racing in 2010.

I understand what "early the next year" means, but it's the kind of hair-splitting that renders the point you're trying to make completely irrelevant. I would assume, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the point you're making is that a top class racehorse came back the following year and repeated incredible things throughout the year -- if it's not, and you're just talking about the calendar to try to score some point on a technicality, then that's great, you can have that one because it's not a point worth discussing, where the spirit of your original comment that I interpreted is a point worth discussing, because it's rare and both mares have done it in recent years and their connections are to be commended for it.

And stop trying to lump me in with others -- if you'd pay attention and read my first post in this thread, you'd note that the last two lines of your post were just an unnecessary expenditure of your energy typing them, because I didn't disagree as a whole, and in fact, called out someone who disagreed with you by trying to diminish her presence in the game this year in super-secret Saratoga backstretch parties.

But I know that's way less fun than just pretending I hate Zenyatta, think nobody has been talking about her, that she's done nothing good for the game, and that she'll be forgotten in six months because I don't think she's Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:10:50 PM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: