REGISTRATION OPEN AT NTRA.COM FOR FREE “ONLINE KICKOFF CHALLENGE” ON JANUARY 2; TOP FIVE FINISHERS AMONG NHC TOUR MEMBERS TO RECEIVE BERTHS IN 2012 NHC
Membership in Daily Racing Form NHC Tour Mandatory in Order to Qualify for 2012 NHC Finals
Signups are now being accepted at NTRA.com
for the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship “Online Kickoff Challenge”—a free, online handicapping tournament on Sunday, January 2. The five highest finishers among registered Daily Racing Form NHC Tour members will receive guaranteed berths in the $2 million (estimated) Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC) in January 2012 in Las Vegas. The five qualifiers will also receive roundtrip air travel and hotel accommodations for their trip to the 2012 NHC.
The Online Kickoff Challenge requires contestants to place hypothetical $2 win and place wagers on 10 designated contest races on Sunday, January 2. The 10 contest races will be chosen by tournament officials on Friday, December 31, and are scheduled to be selected from the January 2 cards at Aqueduct, Fair Grounds and Santa Anita Park (contest tracks subject to change). Free DRF past performances for the tournament races will be available at the contest site. All selections must be made no later than one minute prior to the scheduled post time of each mandatory race. The five players amassing the highest number of points based on the players' earnings (i.e. the highest final bankroll) from all $2 win and place wagers at the end of the competition will receive berths in the January 2012 NHC in Las Vegas, provided that they have registered for the 2011 NHC Tour prior to the start of the tournament.
To sign up for the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour, visit www.ntra.com/nhctour
. The Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is a yearlong bonus series offering additional prize money and qualifying berths to the DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championship to be held in January 2012 in Las Vegas. Membership in the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is open to adults 21 years of age or older and requires a one-time membership fee of $45. Membership in the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is mandatory in order for top finishers of sanctioned NHC qualifying events to be eligible to compete in the January 2012 NHC Finals in Las Vegas. The NHC Tour membership must be in place prior to the start of any given qualifying tournament in order for one to qualify for the NHC Finals at that qualifying tournament.
Among the many benefits of 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour membership are free, online qualifying tournaments that are restricted to NHC Tour members. The first of these free, online qualifying tournaments will take place on January 2, 2011 at NTRA.com, where qualifying berths to the January 2012 NHC Finals will be offered to the five top finishers. Additional free, online qualifying events—offering a total of 15 additional berths to the NHC Finals—will be held later in 2011.
Other 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour benefits include:
· Tour Membership Card containing NHC Tour account information;
· Eligibility to compete for a seat at the January 2012 NHC in Las Vegas;
· $100,000 in prize money to Tour points leaders;
· Twice monthly e-newsletter featuring photos and recaps of previously held tourneys, schedules and links to upcoming tournaments, tourney tips from previous NHC Champions and qualifiers, etc.;
· Special offers from Daily Racing Form, including the following:
· 10% discount on the purchase of any DRF.com past performances plan—good for new and existing DRF.com members
· 20% discount on a single DRF Press order at check-out
· Season-ending, online tourney for top 100 Tour points leaders, offering 15 seats to the 2012 or 2013 NHC;
· Free, online tournaments offering a total of 15 seats to the 2012 NHC;
· Top 10 Tour points leaders, not already qualified, will earn seats to the 2012 NHC
· Mentoring program, whereby veteran NHC Tour players and past Champions will provide tips and insights on tournament play to other Tour members;
· Eligibility to receive benefits and discounts from NTRA Advantage partners;
· Membership in NTRA Horseplayers’ Coalition, addressing player-centric issues in Washington, D.C.;
· Exclusive offers and discounts on Thoroughbred racing memorabilia and collectibles; and
· Exclusive offers, including access to tickets to key events, at NTRA member facilities.
To register for the January 2 online tournament, or for additional information about it, including prize terms and conditions, visit http://games.ntra.com/
For more information about the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship, visit www.ntra.com
. For questions about the January 2 tournament, contact Michele Ravencraft at (859) 422-2657.
In just its 12th year, the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship is the most important tournament of the year for horseplayers and is the culmination of a year-long series of NTRA-sanctioned local tournaments conducted by racetracks, casino race books, off-track betting facilities and horse racing and handicapping Web sites, each of which sends its top qualifiers to the national finals.
The NTRA is a broad-based coalition of horse racing interests consisting of leading thoroughbred racetracks, owners, breeders, trainers, horseplayers and affiliated horse racing associations, charged with increasing the popularity of horse racing and improving economic conditions for industry participants. The NTRA has offices in Lexington, Ky., and Rye Brook, N.Y. NTRA press releases appear on the NTRA web site, NTRA.com