Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday Cards for Rescue Horses 2010- awesome idea!  (Read 527 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »

Holiday Cards for Rescue Horses 2010

Hello Friends. It is that time of year, again. Where has the time gone? It seems like we were just eating lots of treats and stuffing ourselves with holiday yummies last week. I guess when you are busy cleaning stalls, doing hay, and tending to the neglected, unwanted, and abused you lose track of time.
Our rescue, Double L Stable Equine Rescue and Sanctuary was super busy this year. We have expanded our program working with high functioning handicapped folks, we are still trying to start a program to work with soldiers coming home who need help readjusting, and we have a brand new program up and running working with our county court system for people in the alternative sentencing program. Folks who have been sentenced to do community service for various reasons are being allowed to do their hours here at the rescue. It has become a very popular program! I keep track of hours and duties and stay in touch with the court officers. We treat them just as we would any other volunteer and many of them respond great!
We have done several adoptions this year as well as so many other exciting things. Did any of you see our TB, Best At Law ( also known as Orian), featured in The Bloodhorse in February? We have been  contacted about several hardship cases over the past year. We have placed many horses in new homes. The oldest horses we placed were 28 and 30! We recently got involved in a case where their are several horses needing homes before January 1, The farm has been sold and the horses have no where to go. The people caring for them have been doing so for quite a while. The horses originated from another rescue who won't claim them do to money issues and say they were sale horses and not adoptions, thus they are not responsible for them. This is why WE DO NOT BROKER HORSES OR SELL THEM.  We can only operate and do these things with your help. The economy has hit so many so hard. We are getting more calls then ever to help horses.

Double L Stable Equine Rescue and Sanctuary is again holding our Holiday Cards for Rescue Horses fundraiser. We are asking everyone who can to send a holiday card to our rescue horses here and enclose a single $1 bill. (We are only suggesting $1 but if you wish to include more we won't turn it down!) This fund drive dictates our entire budget set for next year. It will determine how many horses we can help save. Each card will be hung in the barn for visitors to see and make the barn festive for our resident horses. Please pass this on to everyone you can. It works because it is much easier for several people to each do a little then for a few to do a lot. Cross post it to all your chat groups and message boards, print it off and hang it in your favorite tack shop. Any way you can help spread the word it wonderful.
Cards can be sent to:
The Horses
Double L Stable Equine Rescue and Sanctuary
9 Tilford Rd.
Argyle, NY 12809

Have a safe and wonderful holiday season.
Shannon

Double L Stable Equine Rescue and Sanctuary
Placement - Rehab - Sanctuary - Retirement
Abuse and Neglect - Slaughterbound - Ex-Racers
www.doublelstableequinerescue.petfinder.org
(518)638-6929
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »

Ok people...it everyone sent in one dollar.......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:48 PM »

horse
What a wonderful thing AM! I didnt know you were so fully involved in rescue and rehabbing. Ill be sending my Christmas wishes and warmest hugs and a dollar or two to boot!
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »

Great idea! I am happy to participate.
BirdBrain

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »

How cool!  Please post a picture of the barn with all the cards.  It would really be heartwarming for all of us.
Edwarren

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 02:55:44 PM »

I will try to find a moment to get a few cards.  The holidays freak me out. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: