Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 19, 2014, 11:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAYWOOD PARK FIRST RACE Steven Halford  (Read 1289 times)
FILLYNATION

« on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »

Watch as the rail horse is driven by STEVEN HALFORD who at no time tries to win the race . Lets a 16-1 shot go 102.1 to the half and at no point tried to leave the rail . Lets see what management does to this driver who gave a 100% Non Effort . Had several times to go around a weak leader but didn't try at all .......
Steven Halford you should be fined and given days off
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:56:05 AM by FILLYNATION » Report to moderator   Logged
FILLYNATION

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

Watched replay and it sickens me to think this guy can get away with that drive . Even Smolin after breaking and making up ground offed Halford a chance to get loose and Halford didn't even attempt at winning the race
Report to moderator   Logged
MVT

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »

I never seen this guy driving at Maywood.  Remember these catch drivers are idiots for the most part.  Don't bet them!!! head shake
Leathas Boy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »

nonwinners of 1 would do expect  not time to pop him yet  happens everynight  if you think every horse is driven to win   bet the greyhounds or learn the game
FILLYNATION

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »

Didn't wager a nickle on the race but watched in amazement as this 2-5 favorite was not given a chance to win the race by Halford . With horse racing in dire need of better handles all this does is make for poorer betting dollars wagered .
If you watched the race do you think the driver tried to win with this horse . With purses being so low why wouldn't he try unless he waged on other horse in the race or wagered knowing he wouldn't win ...
Leathas Boy

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

2 reasons they are setting the horse up or they dont think he needs out of that class yet   you have to have some training knowledge with green horses  get him out of class to soon and instead of having a brave horse you gut him and have nothing next year
FILLYNATION

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »

Leatha Boy  Please this is Illinois racing we are talking about and this isn't a stakes filly .At no point did Halford attempt to win the race but whipped the horse after becoming hopelessly locked in and came in 2nd . Watch Oosting the next race give a 100% effort with his horse and tell me another story about braving up a horse .
A STIFF DRIVE NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BY MANAGEMENT
FILLYNATION

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »

Hope this Halford guy gets days off
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »

nonwinners of 1 would do expect  not time to pop him yet  happens everynight  if you think every horse is driven to win   bet the greyhounds or learn the game
thumbs up thumbs up trotter binoculars

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »

2 reasons they are setting the horse up or they dont think he needs out of that class yet   you have to have some training knowledge with green horses  get him out of class to soon and instead of having a brave horse you gut him and have nothing next year
thumbs up

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
Leathas Boy

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »

yes bad drive if held sat on that horse and gets caught  good drivers dont get caught stiffing  thats harness racing if you never drove or trained a stable of horses you just dont have a clue  been happening from the dawn of time and will be that way when we are all gone  
MVT

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

Hope this Halford guy gets days off

thumbs up
vaporize

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »

yes bad drive if held sat on that horse and gets caught  good drivers dont get caught stiffing  thats harness racing if you never drove or trained a stable of horses you just dont have a clue  been happening from the dawn of time and will be that way when we are all gone  
   thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
paul

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 02:30:04 AM »

If you people watch the race the horse was putting in a lot of steps... He kept the horse flat and still finished 2nd. I think he did a fine job. screwy but really watch the race!
FILLYNATION

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 02:42:33 AM »

Paul you have the rail your 2-5 for a reason even with Halford driving and at no time did Halford attempt to move with the horse . The horse was putting in steps because the pace of 102.1 to the half . The next race went 56.3 to the half so don't even blame the conditions . The horse will win next time if it draws the rail after fans like me holler a bit . This is why i love this forum and yes you have your opinion as well as i do . I THINK IT WAS A STIFF DRIVE BY HALFORD
paul

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 03:41:45 AM »

Well I think you are wrong.. even when the horse went to the open stretch she still put in a ton of steps. Watch the race again. Besides do you think this guy knows how to stiff?? Also why would he??
FILLYNATION

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

I will watch again on this very depressing day in chicago with the loss of Ron Santo
I guess we can agree to disagee
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »

there's a big difference between a stiff drive and a drive by a guy who isnt too experienced to begin with...has a horse putting in steps the entire mile...and prob a horse who if you show the horse air will spit the bit....why would halford possibly stiff?? maybe fillynation saw halfors at the windows an hour before the race betting artys horse....any more fairy tales for us???
fullswedge

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

as soon as the horse gets free her head bobs and he has to grab a hold of her. don't forget, if she is rough and looks bad(like she briefly showed in the stretch) Marsha(the state vet) will put you on the list and you will be re qualifying and she will make you prove to her the horse is completely sound. Looks to me like this horse has problems and he chose the pocket trip while they try to fix her. Live to race another day, a little money is better than re qualifying and not racing for a while. you think anyone cares in the paddock that he horse was the favorite? its all about paying the bills and racing every chance you can. I bet he is driving this horse because if she acts like that or has a problem they know about and are hiding, when they put up a driver they will tell everyone about her problems and she will get a reputation as a bad gated horse or even dangerous. Looks to me like they are still figuring this one out. Hence the term "Maiden" Non winners of 1=translate= Green and inexperienced
They may even be trying to sell her or put some good lines on her to sell. I understand your concern Filly but these situations could have many motives, i dont believe this one is a stiff job though.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »

Joe B the only fairy to comment on this is ... YOU
I just posted that a horse with the rail shouldn't be driven in this manner ....
By the way Joe B tell us a fairy tale about how you gained so much in site to how a horse should be trained and driven
  Mari
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »

thread is titled stiff artist Stephen Halford - inappropriate and INCORRECT accusation..
then people who know something about racing tell you like it is - NOT A STIFF JOB
and your response to me ? Im a fairy??
Ask your mammy and grandmammy if that's true - maybe they know
Inappropriate topic by a know nothing poster
I'll say nothing more on this topic.

Joe B
FILLYNATION

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 02:36:24 AM »

Joe B AKA FAIRY TAILS   You never answered my question on what experiences you have training and driving harness horses . I guess i should have expected you not to answer the real question
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: