Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 03:19:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THAT TRAINERS ARE NOT THE BEST???  (Read 3290 times)
Richard Breth

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »

Most of the times when they find a new drug to cheat with it takes awile for other trainers to find out just what the guys using . remember etorphine ! it took quite awhile before other trainers got wind of what queen bea was giving those run all day horses parked out ! I doubt if more than 1 or 2 other trainers at the big m know or used the drug ! if there were they were a lot smarter than the ledfords and used it sparingly , but that does'nt make sense because a thief never thinks he will get caught ! till he does ! so the money would get the best of him and would use it as much as possible . chances are this was pretty kept secret among a couple trainers and the vet . just my opinion .

Drug was approved by FDA in 2001. Europe before that. There was talk about EPO drugs in racing for many years. Do you think no one but Ledfords thought to try this EPO drug in that time? Disagree on this with you Phil.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 11:57:29 AM »

Most of the times when they find a new drug to cheat with it takes awile for other trainers to find out just what the guys using . remember etorphine ! it took quite awhile before other trainers got wind of what queen bea was giving those run all day horses parked out ! I doubt if more than 1 or 2 other trainers at the big m know or used the drug ! if there were they were a lot smarter than the ledfords and used it sparingly , but that does'nt make sense because a thief never thinks he will get caught ! till he does ! so the money would get the best of him and would use it as much as possible . chances are this was pretty kept secret among a couple trainers and the vet . just my opinion .                       RTP

PHIL

Thanks for teaching this goof something about how things go down. You mentioned the Queen Bea and you're right but you left out two guys who were using the same vet Dr.Steinmeyer in 1983 before the M99 scandal with Bowen and Steinmeyer even came about.

Let's not forget about the " Hall Of Famer " with 52 cloudy tests in 1983 and the " White Haired Guy " from down under who were conspiring with Steinmeyer in 1983 to fix races by using M99 because there was not a test available yet.

Like you said, these two GREAT trainers got the jump on everyone else with M99 and then dodged a bullet when they got wind a test was developed.  
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 12:11:52 PM »

Paul,

Sorry I asked the question.  I know all these post HAVE to be related to harness racing.  That is why I enjoyed the pictures of Pamela Andersons tits so much....never heard any complaints about that non harness related thread. I knew I shouldn't bring up the subject of a house!! Sorry again, I'll try to stick to harness racing topics.

Hold up a minute Donna.  What did Pammy tits ever do to you?  I happen to think Pammy's tits have everything to do with harness racing because she is a spokesperson for PETA. LOL  Pammy is an animal lover and happens to have one of the finest looking cats I have ever seen.  Shocked   LOL.

Where is Off-Stride when you need him?  Hey Off-Stride, where is my daily picture of Pammy that will prove what I am saying?   Huh

Donna, I thought only harness trainers were jealous of each other?  Now you come on the forum complaining about a beautiful sight...Pammy's tits. LOL Come on Donna, you know they look good so stop being such a hater.   Angry

Pammy is a wonderful role model for young girls to look up to.  You are youthful aren't you Donna...well then you have to love Pammy and her tits.  Sorry, but those tits are part of her anatomy and have to go wherever Pammy does.  LOL I'm disappointed in you Donna, you don't seem like the jealous type.  LOL Have a good day you Pammy hater.   8)  LOL 

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
race track phil

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 12:13:34 PM »

Drug was approved by FDA in 2001. Europe before that. There was talk about EPO drugs in racing for many years. Do you think no one but Ledfords thought to try this EPO drug in that time? Disagree on this with you Phil.
      RICHARD ,    I did'nt say no one else ! you did ! read again I said maybe 1 or 2  others had the drug . we cant assume either way right now for sure . but this has happened before with other new drugs found and in every case it was pretty hushed up ! would you go telling everybody in your profession you have new invention or something to make money illegally ? or would you make the money first for yourself ? I would choose the latter and I'm sure you would also ! we certainly dont know for sure which is true in this case yet ! time will tell maybe ! nothing wrong with a partial disageement .
                                    RTP
off stride

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »

[
Richard Breth

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

RICHARD ,    I did'nt say no one else ! you did !

Dan did. I said "many trainers and many vets" across the country he is the one that said I was wrong. Good to know he thinks Ledford was the only one now he cant blame Rucker for using it LOL!

Me and you agree. Ledford probaly wasnt the only one. I dont say every trainer every where. Many at many tracks.

Problem of this drug is not creating anti bodys in horses. We might never know if thay cant find a test for it. Any way by then there will be a new one for the cheating horsemen that ruin public confidence ruin racing. Like "old" test for EPO is all ready obsolete because of the araneps. "Old" test was only availble since last years LOL!
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 12:23:45 PM »

When a "NEW PRE-RACE" comes out  that is effective,naturally the trainer is hitting a great batting% and his horses don't stop, regardless of trip. Everyone is in awe and jealous of this trainer. What happens is GREED. Greed sets in and instead of picking the right spots to ca$h a ticket,the "greedy" trainer uses this pre-race on everything. He even starts to pre-race other horses outside of his own barn. Think about it.

Remember when the Baking soda Craze first started. If that trainer wasn't greedy he would probably still be using it to this day,instead of having tests for it. He could have retired on it.

The point being made here is that if these greedy BASTARDS used some common sense they could have gotten away with it for many years.
off stride

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 12:26:24 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: