Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 06:45:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJRC/Ledford Hearing Set for 9:00 AM CST/10:00 AM EDT  (Read 1703 times)
emp

« on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:33 AM »

Breaking news on the Ledfordgate/Ledfraud scandal......
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060406/NEWS/60406001
Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:44:56 AM »

Ill. to investigate Ledford
April 06, 2006

Trainer Seldon Ledford has also reportedly been suspended from racing horses in Illinois by the Illinois Racing Board, pending its own investigation into the recent allegations of using illegal performance-enhancing drugs and race fixing in New Jersey and whether the same occured in Illinois.

The New Jersey Racing Commission had already suspended Ledford, his son, driver Eric Ledford, and stable assistant Ryan Dailey, as well as the 50 horses trained by the Ledfords after the raid on their barn at Showplace Farms last Friday. Seldon Ledford was reportedly the listed trainer for about 40 horses that were racing in Illinois at Maywood and Balmoral Park.

The allegations included that the Ledfords were using Aranesp--a highly-potent form of EPO--on their horses. One published report Thursday stated that the deaths of two horses that were trained by the Ledfords were being investigated.

Harnessracing.com had previously learned that the New Jersey State Police discovered the trotter Malomar Man dead in his stall during the raid, and was told by lead detective Sgt. Brice Cote that he was told that the horse had been treated for salmonella. In a story published in the Asbury Park Press, Cote said that Malomar Man "had all the symptoms of EPO, including loose bowels and diarrhea."

Irwin Fletcher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:23 AM »

Ill. to investigate Ledford
April 06, 2006

Trainer Seldon Ledford has also reportedly been suspended from racing horses in Illinois by the Illinois Racing Board, pending its own investigation into the recent allegations of using illegal performance-enhancing drugs and race fixing in New Jersey and whether the same occured in Illinois.

The New Jersey Racing Commission had already suspended Ledford, his son, driver Eric Ledford, and stable assistant Ryan Dailey, as well as the 50 horses trained by the Ledfords after the raid on their barn at Showplace Farms last Friday. Seldon Ledford was reportedly the listed trainer for about 40 horses that were racing in Illinois at Maywood and Balmoral Park.

The allegations included that the Ledfords were using Aranesp--a highly-potent form of EPO--on their horses. One published report Thursday stated that the deaths of two horses that were trained by the Ledfords were being investigated.

Harnessracing.com had previously learned that the New Jersey State Police discovered the trotter Malomar Man dead in his stall during the raid, and was told by lead detective Sgt. Brice Cote that he was told that the horse had been treated for salmonella. In a story published in the Asbury Park Press, Cote said that Malomar Man "had all the symptoms of EPO, including loose bowels and diarrhea."

[/quot

NJ raided on Fri a.m., shouldn't IL's investigation have started that afternoon.  Why weren't they at Ledford's barn w/ search warrant that day? 

"......whether the same occured in Illinois."    NOOOOOO!!!  Ya think??

The Johnston/Langley/Narotsky crew is ready to welcome all of those horses from NJ w/ open arms.  Just put somebody else down as trainer and drop 'em in the box!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:03:16 AM »

NJ raided on Fri a.m., shouldn't IL's investigation have started that afternoon.  Why weren't they at Ledford's barn w/ search warrant that day? 

"......whether the same occured in Illinois."    NOOOOOO!!!  Ya think??

The Johnston/Langley/Narotsky crew is ready to welcome all of those horses from NJ w/ open arms.  Just put somebody else down as trainer and drop 'em in the box!!
FLETCH LIVES ! Excellent post.   trotter  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 10:16:53 AM »

FLETCH LIVES ! Excellent post. trotter TC

A ridiculous post.
I can't get a babysitter for my kids in half a day and you guys think a bureaucratic agency can do an investigation in that time.
Get in the real world.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 12:42:10 PM »

A ridiculous post.
I can't get a babysitter for my kids in half a day and you guys think a bureaucratic agency can do an investigation in that time.
Get in the real world.
Burton, as an executive, you and I both know that you can get a dimwitted judge to signoff on anything in Will Co.  The Fererales could have been storming the castle by lunchtime - no problem.  Be that as it may, an immediate action by the IRB; something more than just scratching Pocket Galleon N  et al., would have made the horsemen/ players feel safer.  JMO.   trotter  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »

The IRB has never done anything "immediately" except maybe order lunch.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

The IRB has never done anything "immediately" except maybe order lunch.
Ok, then why no pre-cooperation between NJ and IL, knowing that the Ledford operation was actually multi-state.  Could it be that the corruption in IL was a deterrant ?   trotter  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »

Ok, then why no pre-cooperation between NJ and IL, knowing that the Ledford operation was actually multi-state.  Could it be that the corruption in IL was a deterrant ?   trotter  TC

TC:

I won't go so far as to use the word "corruption", but I think the NJ authorities were reluctant to let Illinois in on the investigation because the more people that know, the greater the chance of a "leak" blowing the investigation.
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »

TC:

I won't go so far as to use the word "corruption", but I think the NJ authorities were reluctant to let Illinois in on the investigation because the more people that know, the greater the chance of a "leak" blowing the investigation.

Very true, Paul! Another thing is that Illinois can't carry out an investigation without messing it up.

Now that Illinois looks like a fool they are going to act like they are going to do their own investigation. Didn't they know something funny was going on in Chicago too when the Ledford's started batting .450?

TOTAL GOOFS!!!!!
off stride

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:38 PM »

it sounds like the njsp didnt want illinois to know what was going on, probably afraid of a leak, this sure does make illinois look bad.. been happening right under their noses and they appeared to look the other way
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »

excellent analysis guys. This investigation was NJ's baby and they werent taking any chances involving Ill. What a forum this is...great job
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »

I would think NJ has some thaughts if they were to involve Illinois the real moles would get to work and tip off Seldon.
MC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »

I BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEARCH BARNS OR PRIVATE PROPERTY IN
Illinois. IT IS IN THEIR LICENSE THEY SIGN IN NJ THAT THEY AGREE WITH THE
SEARCH WARRENTS.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »

My gut feeling is that the FEDS will be invoking the RICO statute here and going after
assets illegally acquired.  If they can prove there were any ties with "unsavory
characters affiliated with organized crime"  and/or bookmakers with ties to organized
crime this is a VERY BIG DEAL.

Remember, this was an 18 month investigation and there were no doubt hundreds of
thousands of dollars wagered within the LEDFORD organization on these horses
given ARANESP.

My gut feeling only but it is usually right--remember--you heard it here first.

--------------------------------------------

P.S.  I know they froze the Vets assets but I'm talking about them going after TEAM
LEDFORDS assets as well.
njhorseman

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »

My gut feeling is that the FEDS will be invoking the RICO statute here and going after
assets illegally acquired.  If they can prove there were any ties with "unsavory
characters affiliated with organized crime"  and/or bookmakers with ties to organized
crime this is a VERY BIG DEAL.

Remember, this was an 18 month investigation and there were no doubt hundreds of
thousands of dollars wagered within the LEDFORD organization on these horses
given ARANESP.

My gut feeling only but it is usually right--remember--you heard it here first.

--------------------------------------------

P.S.  I know they froze the Vets assets but I'm talking about them going after TEAM
LEDFORDS assets as well.

I predict this will rank right up there with the other great BTW predictions. You know which ones...someone listed them the other day.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: