Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 02:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFA USURPED  (Read 951 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:53:59 PM »

It's official...the Invite at the Hop this Saturday goes for a purse of $23,000, more than the FFA at Crimoral ($21,500).  Balmoral boasts a 5 horse field and Hoosier offers a field of 9 - Hoosier's ONLY field shorter than 10 on their entire 13 race card.  The overall field sizes for the evening cards are as follows :

BALMORAL = 8, 7, 6, 7 (6 betting interests), 10, 8, 5, 9, 8, 9, 6, 7, 7, 10

HOOSIER   = 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10

ILLINOIS RACING IS A DEAD LAME GAME LADDIES !

trotter  TC
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:00:20 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:58:16 PM »

AMEN TC
Report to moderator   Logged

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »

It's official...the Invite at the Hop this Saturday goes for a purse of $23,000, more than the FFA at Crimoral ($21,500).  Balmoral boasts a 5 horse field and Hoosier offers a field of 9 - Hoosier's ONLY field shorter than 10 on their entire 13 race card.  The overall field size for the evening cards are as follows :

BALMORAL = 8, 7, 6, 7 (6 betting interests), 10, 8, 5, 9, 8, 9, 6, 7, 7, 10

HOOSIER   = 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10

ILLINOIS RACING IS A DEAD LAME GAME LADDIES !

trotter  TC

TC
         You're wrong about the fields at Balmoral because when they get finished scratching all the lame one's the Fields will be even shorter.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »

I WOULD RATHER WATCH THE REPLAYS OFF FINGER LAKES DOWNS THEN WATCH LIVE BAL RACES

Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:12:35 PM »

I WOULD RATHER WATCH THE REPLAYS OFF FINGER LAKES DOWNS THEN WATCH LIVE BAL RACES

I can't remember the last time I bet a Balmoral race. I'm waiting for Hawthorne. It's going to be fun. Mark my words!
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 09:14:31 PM »

There are more people logged on this website at this minute then there are people at Balmoral Park.
DLeestable

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »

I hardly ever go to the grandstand but I did go on Monday night to grab something to eat.  The place is a ghost town.  I can remember the first year I came up here and you could hardly walk through the place it was so crowded.  It is sad to see. I was shocked to see it so empty.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE GAME THERE ONE WEEK A HORSE WINS BY 10 THE NEXT WEEK WITH SAME TRIP RUNS 5TH BY14 DRIVERS SIT IN AND DO NOTHING

rpb

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

Ah yes Hawthorne. Tony M. driving every day. Let the fun begin.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 03:44:31 AM »

The sad part is...Hoosier MIGHT outhandle Balmoral on Dan Patch night -- and that's it.  Full fields or not, the draw of Chicago racing is most likely too much.  Honestly, it's a shame that those in IN can't get paid off for putting together full fields.

Maybe in a couple years..........

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »

The sad part is...Hoosier MIGHT outhandle Balmoral on Dan Patch night -- and that's it.  Full fields or not, the draw of Chicago racing is most likely too much.  Honestly, it's a shame that those in IN can't get paid off for putting together full fields.

Maybe in a couple years..........

Best,
EW
First, Las Vegas needs to wake up and start taking wagers from a CDSN track. This clearly shows a bias against harness racing.  Next, the signal needs to go into more markets.  EW, no offense to the fine folks of the Indy metroplex, but if you saw who you were playing into thepools against, you'd dive in head first ASAP.  You're not up against a ton of sharpies, and the horsemen don't bet with both fists down there like they do here.  This factor accounts for a ton of pari mutuel dollars.  I don't mind the handle being a little less IF I know the races aren't being pounded from the "inside".  There are no gout medicine loaded horses or EPO steeds getting $100 TRI wheel action at Hoosier.  You have to adjust as a player and stay away from the large straight bets on anything less than 6/1 IMO and focus on their awesome returns in the Pick 4 and super pools.  One or two "key" price horses in the sequence and you're in for a big shot at the pool, and you needn't play a ticket over $80 or so.  I'm not going to start arguments over this, but if you actually went live, you'd see the player makeup at both places and want to play against many, many small bettors and the unknown simulcast world, rather than the great unknown that is a non pre-race testing, non EPO testing climate like Crimoral where the same kinds of wagering patterns are clear on some of these upward, form reversals.  JMO.   trotter  TC   P.S.  The bottom line my man is that if short fields and a cooked game from the inside are your thing - there's Crimoral.  If large fields, an even playing field for the horsemen, and pre and post race testing for nearly everything is important, then I know of a track for anyone to wager on. If pool size is tantamount, you are in the wrong sport to begin with; I'd suggest playing Santa Anita or the upcoming Keeneland meet.
off stride

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 07:18:57 AM »

once again edward if handle be the only criteria you would judge by, nfld would be the greatest place on earth .. last night (wed) as example ... nfld.1.42 million ..bmlp and hoosier combined..key word combined..1.57 million .. hoosier does not go into as many markets as bmlp..and the racing appears to be honest and the 10 horse fields make payoffs much more in line with what gamblers are looking for, not what bmlp is offering.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:34 AM »

What makes people think the horse flesh at Hawthorne is going to much better than what we have now?
A slight increase in the purse structure isn't going to bring in any shippers for a five week meet when they can race for that at Hoosier for the entire summer.
I love Hawthorne but let's be realistic.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 09:10:03 AM »

It's not that cheap to ship, especially with gas prices skyrocketing. That's why horses will stay here and race. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: