Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 02:28:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: summary of yesterday's gambling bill meeting at Haw  (Read 1149 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: November 09, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2877478,110910gambling.article
Report to moderator   Logged
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »

Clockerterry,  were you at the rally yesterday?  I'm anxious to hear from a horseperson what their impressions were. 
NIATROSS

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:30:22 PM »

They should try rallying in Springfield.
Monday night on Chicago Tonight 2 republicans said they have not even seen a copy of a gaming bill yet.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »

Clockerterry,  were you at the rally yesterday?  I'm anxious to hear from a horseperson what their impressions were. 

No, I wasn't.

Apparently Terry Hunt was there, and I know Old & Slow was going, and probably Donna Lee, just from the harness side. They might be better bets to ask. Over here, I don't know. Janine?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:37:13 AM »

They should try rallying in Springfield.
Monday night on Chicago Tonight 2 republicans said they have not even seen a copy of a gaming bill yet.

That is because it is a big bill that has something for everybody in gaming or who want to be in gaming.  We are just one part of the puzzle.  This thing is just being finalized this week.  Racing is riding on a wing and a prayer with this legislation.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »

They're adding too much to the bill. It will never get passed.
The_Knight_Sky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »

Clockerterry,  were you at the rally yesterday? 
I'm anxious to hear from a horseperson what their impressions were. 

McChump is a "horseperson"?   Since when?  laughing guy

The travels and travails of a 25 year racing  fan: http://www.theknightskyracing.blogspot.com
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »

I'll add in my 2 cents in addition to what's been posted on the harness side.

It was a great meeting. A dais full of respected leaders in our industry, elected officials and former Rep (now lobbyist) Bob Molaro.

A couple hundred horsemen of both breeds, standing united! A first in this state, and good to see. For years the Legislature has said "come to us when you speak with one voice", well we sure are now. The tracks and horsemen of both breeds are in lockstep in this effort, and if we are successful, it will be due to this unity.

Dave McCaffrey, Lanny Brooks and Mike Campbell spoke factually and forcefully about the issues we all face. Bob Molaro really fired up the crowd with his speech. The Reps spoke about the importance of meeting face-to-face with your Legislators. Rep Lisa Hernandez singled out Standardbred trainer Joe Cassano and Arlington Park for helping her see the significant impact racing has on this state. What a great example of our 2 breeds working together!

Let's keep up the hard work and we will prevail!

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »

I'll add in my 2 cents in addition to what's been posted on the harness side.

It was a great meeting. A dais full of respected leaders in our industry, elected officials and former Rep (now lobbyist) Bob Molaro.

A couple hundred horsemen of both breeds, standing united! A first in this state, and good to see. For years the Legislature has said "come to us when you speak with one voice", well we sure are now. The tracks and horsemen of both breeds are in lockstep in this effort, and if we are successful, it will be due to this unity.

Dave McCaffrey, Lanny Brooks and Mike Campbell spoke factually and forcefully about the issues we all face. Bob Molaro really fired up the crowd with his speech. The Reps spoke about the importance of meeting face-to-face with your Legislators. Rep Lisa Hernandez singled out Standardbred trainer Joe Cassano and Arlington Park for helping her see the significant impact racing has on this state. What a great example of our 2 breeds working together!

Let's keep up the hard work and we will prevail!

"what a great example of our 2 breeds working together" LOL yeah, its amazing what money or a lackthere of will make people do
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 11:10:01 AM »

They're adding too much to the bill. It will never get passed.
Another useless comment by I ride Brokeback.....
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »

"what a great example of our 2 breeds working together" LOL yeah, its amazing what money or a lackthere of will make people do
Why the rancor? Why shouldn't horsemen of both breeds get along and work together so that WE as an industry can prosper?

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »

Why the rancor? Why shouldn't horsemen of both breeds get along and work together so that WE as an industry can prosper?

nothing wrong with it at all! problem is/was is that its not happening till things are in terrible shape/looking hopeless. you cant go back and change the past yes, but believe me even if things do turn around the amount of greed and stupidy will be overwhelming on both sides once again
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

nothing wrong with it at all! problem is/was is that its not happening till things are in terrible shape/looking hopeless. you cant go back and change the past yes, but believe me even if things do turn around the amount of greed and stupidy will be overwhelming on both sides once again
I'm not knowledgeable about problems in the past, I've only been racing for about 8 years. Whatever the issues were I hope they are well behind us.

One thing I'll say about the future, though, is once friendships and relationships are built they are tougher to destroy by greed and stupidity, or so I hope Grin

Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »

Another useless comment by I ride Brokeback.....

I golf with the Senator that told me that. I'll be sure to let him know some barn lackey hotwalker thinks he knows more than a person voting on the bill.

If you people don't own horses worth more than a nickel you shouldn't be allowed a voice on this matter. There are tackrooms on all the tracks for you gypsies to live in no matter what state you are in.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »

McChump is a "horseperson"?   Since when?  laughing guy

Owned racehorses since 1994. How about you, Norm?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 12:22:32 PM »

I golf with the Senator that told me that.

Unfortunately, you are probably correct on this. These bills inflate to gigantic proportions and then go up in flames like the Hindenburg.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

I golf with the Senator that told me that. I'll be sure to let him know some barn lackey hotwalker thinks he knows more than a person voting on the bill.

If you people don't own horses worth more than a nickel you shouldn't be allowed a voice on this matter. There are tackrooms on all the tracks for you gypsies to live in no matter what state you are in.

Would that be minature golf you pea brain?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 07:31:11 PM »

I will absolutely call bullshit on you IRB. There is no way in the world they would ever let a douchbag as big as you get anywhere near a U.S. Senator. Your posts on this forum have proven you to be a worthless POS. PERIOD.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

I will absolutely call bullshit on you IRB. There is no way in the world they would ever let a douchbag as big as you get anywhere near a U.S. Senator. Your posts on this forum have proven you to be a worthless POS. PERIOD.

I didn't realize the Illinois Slots at Tracks proposal was being voted on by the U.S. senate.

I have funds and friends. This makes me better than all of you hot walkers.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »

I didn't realize the Illinois Slots at Tracks proposal was being voted on by the U.S. senate.

I have funds and friends. This makes me better than all of you hot walkers.

OK dickhead, maybe your Senator friend is Senator in some other countrty. But by any measure your an idiot right here in the good ol U S of A!!!!!
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »

OK dickhead, maybe your Senator friend is Senator in some other countrty. But by any measure your an idiot right here in the good ol U S of A!!!!!

You probably hot walked some of my horses. I hope one of them kicked you.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »

You probably hot walked some of my horses. I hope one of them kicked you.

Ok Johnny, mommy needs her computer back, time for you to take a bath.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »

Ok Johnny, mommy needs her computer back, time for you to take a bath.

I know that no slots in Illinois upsets you. It means you only get $3 a head walking. I'm going to ask the mcdonalds in Cicero to eliminate the free wifi so you no longer have Internet access.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »

Dude, you must have taken it bareback 1 too many times

Did the Mexican groom from Arlington get you?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: